View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:45 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 My RtD 

Post My RtD
I would be pretty happy if people joined my Role the dice, it still has some people to go and should be some fun, of course it is my first RtD and I won't be the BEST at it but I will still try to do it fair (even when I made my own character), I know this is somewhat short, but if you want to join it here is the link: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=33602 .

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:50 pm

Post Re: My RtD
Dude, this is not how it works.

For starters, you don't post here asking people to join your rtd, it's just wrong. And lazy. And won't get you more players.

Point two, and I feel kind of bad for being so bold about it but somebody has to do it, your rtd is badly thought out. Your rules are too loose, you have no specific limitations(which could work if the rtd wasn't serious.) and, most importantly: You don't participate in your own rtd.
Lemme repeat that, rule number one in rtd's:
ONE DOES NOT TAKE PART IN HIS OWN RTD.

I know I'm not really the one to talk here, having "started" an rtd but never really rolling.(reminds me, I should pick harbingers of the end times up and make it as epic as it could be.) But really kid, you have no experience with rtd's, it's obvious, and it's not a problem. You just have to participate in a few, join one that's starting soon, or take a place when somebody dies. Look at how blue, hku, ragdoll, failflail or even me, do our rtd's. Learn from the things we do right and change what you think we do wrong and then create your own.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:03 pm

It just doesn't seem compelling enough to warrant participation.

Cortex Command based RTDs don't go very far, often due to lack of source material and originality.

I would be very interested if it was a full-on reimagining or alternate portrayal of the universe, however...

Essentially you're going to need one of two things to get players to actually sign up; cool gameplay concepts (see Delta Squad by the esteemed Psygnosis, or anything made by the masters of RTD, HKU and Ragdoll) or a damn good and original story hook (see maart3n's RTDs and Afterworld by yours truly).

Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:21 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

*cough*

Hey Kebbit, I think your missing someone from that list :-(

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:54 pm
Profile WWW

Nah caek, you're everybody's favourite player.

Also, thank you very much.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:30 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

caekdaemon wrote:
*cough*

Hey Kebbit, I think your missing someone from that list :-(

yeah me obviously my rtds are the best hurrhurr

Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:31 pm
Profile WWW

I just looked at this, and yes, this is my first RtD and I can't prove if I am good if no one even joins. I can tell you how harsh it is playing an Open Aura Garrys mod server after playing DarkRP, it is extremely hard to keep serious, but I still do it and in a realistic matter, now yes I am acting a little desperate but please give me a break, I am fairly new and just need a little help with a FEW things, as in the storyline and such, but other then that I won't go "TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL REFLECTOR BOT MKII HARDY HERR I AM INVINCIBLE AND KILL WHOEVER I WANT!", but all I want to do is make a nice RtD that will have some realistic elements to it, but also keep it interesting. I stated that this was my First RtD, and am fairly new to the forum, I may have posted this in the wrong spot and don't know how to delete it.

Quote:
yeah me obviously my rtds are the best hurrhurr

And a little side note, Miggles you are right there.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:43 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

yes i am nice observation you can indeed read names of forumites clap clap i tip my hat to you yes mhmm indeed yes

Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:06 am
Profile WWW

Thanks for sharing!

Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:10 am

Please do not put any further posts, I didn't know where to put it and don't know how to either lock it myself or delete it.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:18 am
happy carebear mom

The holy lock of DRL has been placed upon this thread. In the name of the holy Terminal Plantain, I pronounce thee locked.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:12 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 11 posts ]