View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Guns General 

Post Guns General

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:07 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Guns General
All gun topics welcome.

If you get warned/reported/banned.
You ♥♥♥♥ up.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:09 am
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

If I had a gun, it'd be a run of the mill handgun and probably never cleaned because I'm too busy shooting make believe ones to care.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:11 am

my dad owns a 10mm handgun, a 25. pistol, a 22. single shot rifle and a 30-06. I own a 30-06 sweet 1,500 30-06 that's ♥♥♥♥ amazing I'll put up pictures if you guys want.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:30 am

Do want:

Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:55 am

I enjoy firing L98A2's with my local cadet squadron, but I wouldn't personally want to own a firearm.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:47 pm

Kettenkrad wrote:
Do want:

Huh, I didn't know those guys had a channel or anything. Very nice. Especially interesting to see some of their videos on stuff like the EM-2 prototype bullpup.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:45 pm
Profile YIM

I'm about as much of a bleeding heart commie liberal as you can get, but I still plan to purchase a shotgun and high-caliber handgun for home defense.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:58 pm

Semi-Auto Pistols or Revolvers? Which is better?

Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:25 pm
happy carebear mom

Depends on if you like reloading every 5-6 shots.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:49 pm

I own a Saiga 308 that I've customized, and a Norinco ATD. I used to have a Ruger 10/22, and I plan to replace it at some point.

--The ATD is a bit odd. Reloading is a pain due to the tube mag in the stock, and mine is broken in a way that makes reloading even more of a pain. Use the charging handle, and it tries to chamber every round in the mag at once. :roll: Obviously they don't fit, and the rounds gets damaged. Gotta load the chamber, then the mag. Cycles very reliably, no accuracy problems. The Browning Semi Auto 22, which this is a ripoff of, I would recommend, if you don't mind high cost, a wacky reload, and 10 round mag. This Chinese knock off, I would not recommend.
--The Saiga, after my conversion, is pretty satisfying. Before conversion, the ergonomics and trigger were pretty bad, but some AK parts, tools, knowledge, and time fixed that right up. 308 has some real oomph to it, compared to the intermediate cartridges of a usual modern carbine. Paired with semi auto and 20+ round aftermarket magazines, that makes a S308's firepower on par with battle rifles, but for an affordable price. Recoil is at a 'fun' level; it throws your aim around and is felt, but it's comfortable. The main drawbacks that are apparent to me are weight and ammo costs. Being an AK, it does waste a little of the accuracy potential that 308, a round suitable for sniper rifles, has, but it's certainly still adequate for plenty of purposes. Rocking the mag in is another small drawback. I'm surprised by how lefty friendly AKs are. Mikhail Kalashnikov may have made his legendary rifle exclusively for right hand shooters, but in some ways, it's so backwards from the modern western shooter's practices, that it's arguably better for lefties. Right charging handle, crummy safety either way, ambi mag release, right side but forward angled ejection. Overall, would recommend, firepower at a bargain.
--Ruger 10/22s are very fun little guns. Mine ran very well. It has been missed, except for its tasteless digicamo finish. Would recommend, will buy again.

Owned between my brother, sister, and I, is a decent assortment of hunting oriented rifles and shotguns, and some .22s, most from grandpa. I intend to buy out their shares of most of these and maybe sell a few.

In the future I definitely want to get a centerfire handgun. So, David, I am facing that dilemma, and based on what I've looked into, there's no right answer for all situations, as is often the case of hotly debated questions like that. If you want to think things through entirely, both certainly do have their places. But, to give a conclusion that's overgeneralized and not necessarily right, a "straight answer", semi autos are way better.
When considering things like this, it's also interesting to at least take a glance at the paths less followed.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:34 am

David Rodrigov wrote:
Semi-Auto Pistols or Revolvers? Which is better?

Semis for practicality/capacity, revolvers for style. Simple.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:41 am
Profile YIM
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I'd probably never own a gun, but if I did it would be a weak and simple rifle. I've got no use for that, even.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:07 am

remember ww2
we kill the king, albania return to precious mongolia
hahahahahha idiot turk and bosnian smell so bad... wow i can smell it

idiot turk... ahahahahahaha

remove kebab from premises

Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:34 am

Are you a Gunblr Sothe?
Is this really just a Gunblr meeting thread?
Is this all just too stronk?

Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next