View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Anyone still plays Fallout 3? 

Post Re: Anyone still plays Fallout 3?
WalkableBuffalo wrote:
I love this quote

I only played Operation Anchorage and The Pitt since I bought them on disc for my Xbox when they first came out although I wish I played the others, might boot it back up with FOOK and all the DLCs
I think if you have a GOTY edition it's better because you can have a more 'complete' experience, ie. with more guns and armour

Also I of course like ironsights, and it may be because of them I don't use VATS as often in NV, but it might because in F3 since there were a lot of tough enemies it was better to rely on that system, on a personal note I don't like the scope sights, they're very just plastered on and I never found any mods with fix that

Plus New Vegas' VATS got nerfed and was buggier. They took away almost all of the damage reduction, and your character freezes up more often. VATS can just randomly get you killed in NV.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:50 pm

Ah, the DLCs for FO3...
I mostly enjoyed...Mothership Zeta. Stole enough ammo for any alien gun from there.
Operation Anchorage is nice too, only that you have to run back to the Base incase you idiot forgot something. >.>
The Pitt was easy. The Trogs werent a Problem.
Point Lookout...the first time i saw one of these big guys, i was thinking "meh, normal raider". WRONG! They are stronger than they look like, like other Enemies there.
Broken Steel i enjoyed a little bit. New Armour and some new Weps and 3 new Maps...i liked to play the extended Main Quest, but didnt like the Supermutant Overlords and these Ravegers or whatever their names was, these strong Ghouls. They were too strong, as my Repeater (my favorite Gun, commonly used by Swampfolk in Point Lookout) took more than 3 shots to the head, and i usually kill a guy with 2 shots.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:08 am
A HUMAN BRAIN, SAFELY INSULATED FROM THE TERRORS OF HYPERSPACE

Location: Somewhere beyond the endless sea of hyperspace, fighting for your right to call a planet home.
Benpasko wrote:
Plus New Vegas' VATS got nerfed and was buggier. They took away almost all of the damage reduction, and your character freezes up more often. VATS can just randomly get you killed in NV.

>Implying VATS should be easy mode

I got tired of being able to just pour points into AP regeneration and become nigh invincible against deathclaws and super mutants with super sledges as I shot their heads off. VATS nerf was definitely required for NV.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:55 pm

I dont really user VATS that much. I only use it to scan the area while traveling, or use it to shoot a fast enemy. Sadly, i got a "nerfed" game, as there is no blood/no limb loss. :l

Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:37 pm

Excactly. But its kind of funny with that, i mean, who doesnt like seeing how people get blown away, like, out of your sight?

Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:26 pm

Dauss wrote:

>Implying VATS should be easy mode

I got tired of being able to just pour points into AP regeneration and become nigh invincible against deathclaws and super mutants with super sledges as I shot their heads off. VATS nerf was definitely required for NV.

No, I think it's still fine in NV, just could stand to be less buggy.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3