View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Dreams 

Post Dreams
Hi, I just started learning some stuff about lucid dreaming, and I would like to learn some more basics.
Anyone here ever practiced that stuff and succeeded?
And BTW, no, I'm not expecting to learn it overnight. A maximum of one month is my expectation.
But yeah, if you want to learn about it, here's what I'm doing.

Make a dream journal. Everytime you have a dream, note it up.

Always check if you are or not dreaming, even if you know you aren't. That'll make you do it in your dreams, making you conscious while dreaming.

Listen to some brainwave stuff, here is some Alpha Binaural beat. Oh, and BTW, if you have epilepsy or feel lots of headaches while listening to it, stop it, you may not be able to hear it. But don't worry, that is not necessary.

And that's basically all I know and I am doing it regularly. If you know something besides all of that or want to learn stuff, share your question/knowledge with us/me.

EDIT: Talking about dreams in general, not necessarily lucid dreams.
So, any weird dreams you guys ever had?
Had one in which I would free a ghost girl and she would kiss me. Long time I had that one, but I just can't forget it for some reason.

Last edited by Joseh123 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:14 pm

Post Re: Lucid Dreaming
Glad to see I'm not the only one, I've started a dream journal just about 2 weeks ago now, and am getting into the habit of checking my watch twice to see if time changes, no luck so far though. I really want this to happen too, as I've never had a lucid dream in my life and it will be a neat experience, and being able to have them somewhat often would be a nice bonus. I wish you luck though!

(BTW: that Binaural is... the way it is seems weird to me, I listened to others.)

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:43 pm

Well, I found it on a free website.
Anyways, I had a lucid dream 2 days ago, but the thing is I didn't realize I was dreaming. I woke up, ate a breakfast and turned on the computer, then I woke up.
I laughed for some time after it.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:04 am

Ha, reminds me of the time I woke up in the middle of the night and wrote in my journal and went back to bed, only to wake up and have nothing in my dream journal.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:25 am

I don't necessarily mean realistic lucid dream, but a realistic one in which I can fly and do anything would be good.
And no, I'm not thinking about taking drugs, it would be more safe to see a doctor first but I also don't want to do that.
And thanks for the tips. Tried to do some deep breathing exercises but it didn't help me so much, but I'll keep trying.
I'm also having lots of lucid dreams. Had one just today, I was in school talked to some people, woke up, didn't remember any dreams but I remembered that yesterday I had talked to people in school, so I went to school and suddenly I realize that was my dream.
And for some reason I can't sleep during the afternoon. Doesn't matter how sleepy I get, how much deep breathing exercises I do, how much relaxation exercises I do, I just don't sleep. My eyes get heavy as ♥♥♥♥, but no sleeping.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:27 pm

Well, I know you didn't mean illegal ones, but if I were to use illegal ones I would just use them.
I'm talking about those medicinal ones you said, what if they do harm to myself? Also, I'm thirteen so...

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:27 pm

Dreaming in general is fun.

Joseh mentioned 'dream checking' in the quote about lucid dreams. I've started to do this as a thing of my own, not really realizing that it's a thing. I thought I'd want to know when I'm dreaming and when I'm not, because of the exact same thing.

I used to experience what Nonsequitorian referred to as "realistic lucid dreams", often when I was supposed to wake up. I woke up, got up, walked to the kitchen and sat down to eat breakfast, but I soon noticed that I had only fallen asleep shortly after trying to wake up, which used to piss me off especially when I was extremely tired.

I'm not sure what exactly to call an actual lucid dream, but I sometimes feel like gaining consciousness and somehow understand that I'm dreaming.

Once, I just happened to notice I was viewing my life from a blurry 3rd person angle, so I thought I understood I was dreaming, but didn't tamper with it or try to think about it too much, because it started to make me feel like waking up. It was a nice experience in the end, because I remembered most of the dream later on when I woke up. I didn't write it down or anything though.

Another experience I had was realizing I was dreaming, and instantly having the thought of anything being able to happen, which quickly turned my dream into an annoying nightmare for some reason. I'm amazed if you actually took the time to read all of this.

This thread could be about dreaming in general, because lucid dreaming is a pretty common topic amongst dreams in general. Not that anyone'd be interested in reading other people's detailed dream experiences.
EDIT: Okay, I guess there's a thread for that already.

Last edited by 4zK on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:48 pm

Well, I pretty much want to know about lucid dreaming, not about normal dreaming. And it's been 4 days since I started doing all the stuff to have a lucid dream, and I already had two, but didn't realize I was dreaming.
I need to dream-check more often, otherwise I'll keep having "wake up, get breakfast then wake up" dreams. I wonder how it would be to master this thing and have 1 hour dreams fully controlled by you, like a natural LSD injection where your actions do not make consequences in the future.
But you are right, maybe I should make this topic about dreams in general.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:09 am

Post Re: Dreams
I think your missing the point, if you don't realize your dreaming then its not lucid, a lucid dream is any dream in which you know that you are dreaming, about anything at all.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:04 am

Pretty sure there was a pretty popular thread for this.
Checked. It's on the front page. What a waste of space.
Requesting thread lock or merge. w/e.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:34 am

Really? I searched for 3 pages, didn't find any. Sorry. If someone locks this thread and bump the other one, it would help a little bit.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:09 pm

Lucid dreaming? Well...
I once woke up, went to the bathroom for getting fresh, then did my daily routine during the week. Only to find out i have slept until 7:15 and i had to hurl my *** to school.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:02 am

Joseh123 wrote:
Really? I searched for 3 pages, didn't find any. Sorry. If someone locks this thread and bump the other one, it would help a little bit.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19288&start=165

Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:12 am

Is it bad if this happens a lot to a person? Just wondering, cause I know this has happened to me a couple time.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:13 am
happy carebear mom

Dreams are normal, and lucid dreaming is not harmful.
I have no idea what else you could be referring to.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next