View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:46 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 DarkStorm Military Technologies Unnofficial Fan REDUX 

DarkStorm Military Technologies Unnofficial Fan REDUX
This mod, was a tech faction, something a lot of users probably wanted to play. Because this wasn't a TECH faction for 1.05. And none of the posters below me had bothered making it so. None of them, they never released one. They're also pretty gay.

So,

To the Users:

Yuzazi

Notsoscary

Someone64

Foa

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

You people have killed this game, your community was never one for the inviting, in which this product shall suffer for it.

ALSO THIS IS RELEVANT: http://www.infowars.com/navy-to-deploy-lasers-on-ships-in-2014/

Last edited by Jackslancer on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:53 am

Post Re: DarkStorm Military Technologies Unnofficial Fan REDUX
And the difference between this and Darlos' is...? Also, I'd throw down next to Darlos' name that he made the original faction instead of just "Darlos9D". Just sayin'.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:40 pm

Well, thats not kind of stupid of making a new Topic just because of a Fix.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:39 pm

Notsoscary wrote:
Well, thats not kind of stupid of making a new Topic just because of a Fix.

Yup, he's right. I thought this would actually be different from Cave's fix because his fix doesn't actually fix everything. unless you improve on that fix or even on the mod itself, this mod is pointless. It would be nice though if this was included in the unofficial mod updates thread.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:44 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

The OP is very Gaudy.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:00 pm

If I ever was going to improve upon this fix, I've suddenly lost interest.

I'm unsure of the poster demographic of this forum, but the vibe I get is over self-important ninny who never got into MIT, or if they did, they believe they are a gift from god. So, with that I shall remove this download and follow the path of previous users who have been tormented by the general homosexuality of the forum posters. Much like the community found in taleworlds.com forums.

You people are disgusting.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:23 pm

Maybe you're over reacting. Obviously people here among the forums are a bit irritating, but that's a common thing among all forums, there's always a smart ass.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:34 pm

Besides, they're bringing up kind of good points.

If anything, you're the one who's acting self-important by taking down the download link and calling the whole community 'disgusting' and 'killing the game' because of a few people giving you negative feedback, rather than responding by justifying your actions. With the possible exception of notsoscary and foa, they weren't even being that harsh.

Like, you intended to add new content to Darkstorm in addition to updating it for 1.0, right? Instead of flipping out at everybody asking the difference between this and a fix and calling them gay, you could have just said you were going to add new stuff too.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:24 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

The OP now looks significantly better.

The only addition I've seen from the now missing changelog is adding a Faction File for Campaign Mode.
There is not much to be concerned for other than an ini file

Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:42 pm

Jackslancer wrote:
This mod, was a tech faction, something a lot of users probably wanted to play. Because this wasn't a TECH faction for 1.05. And none of the posters below me had bothered making it so. None of them, they never released one.

False, a fully working version was released in the original thread some time ago.

Also, if you scan through jackslancer's posts or having been keeping an eye on all the threads around here, the majority of his posts are him yelling about how nothing works with b26, or how he got something to work with b26. Go look through some of his posts, it tells a story about him. Not a good story.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:47 pm
Forum Moderator

Jackslancer wrote:
If I ever was going to improve upon this fix, I've suddenly lost interest.

I'm unsure of the poster demographic of this forum, but the vibe I get is over self-important ninny who never got into MIT, or if they did, they believe they are a gift from god. So, with that I shall remove this download and follow the path of previous users who have been tormented by the general homosexuality of the forum posters. Much like the community found in taleworlds.com forums.

You people are disgusting.

First off, I don't think "improving" on Darlos' artistic vision for his mod is something you're actually allowed to do. A fix is fine, but outright taking something and "improving" it without there being consent from the original author seems kind of pretentious on your part.

Darlos pointed out that he licensed his mod in a way that makes it fine for Jackslancer to copy his mod without explicit consent. So this first point is kind of moot.

Secondly, while some of us can be douchebags or outright ♥♥♥holes. There's usually a good reason for it. Here for example, you basically did nothing but add a the faction definitions file and then expect praise? Why? Anyone who like Darlos' mod would probably already have done so themselves.

Thirdly, why do you feel the need to act so goddamn butthurt and basically ostracize yourself by doing this? Hell, if you had just done what Collective said and defended this threads existance and gotten permission from Darlos to do so then everyone would probably have taken your side.

With that said, before the ♥♥♥♥ really starts boiling I am locking this thread. Let it serve as a reminder on how not to react to negative criticism.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:54 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 11 posts ]