View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1642 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110  Next
 RtD: Illusia - (Roll #132) 

Post Re: RtD: Illusia - (Roll #125)
CaveCricket48 wrote:
Also, my Sword Trance is 1 turn late for recharging (there are two rolls that say 8 turns remaining).
Investigating...
Yep, seems to be the case. All fixed.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:32 am

>Back away from the Gargoyle

Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:26 am
Loose Canon

> Tactical Retreat.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:14 am
Profile WWW

Sheath myself in Infinidum.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:21 am

Post Re: RtD: Illusia - (Roll #126)
Deploying Roll. Again.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Torrent (Gillian) (2)

You make a retreat from the area. It's more like a get-me-the-hell-away-from-here retreat than a tactical retreat, but it gets you to a safe distance.

Ociamarru (Nikolai) (8)

You thrust your palms forward, and your arms melt into a translucent purple sphere which expands until it encases you.
You see everything brighten through the purple membrane, and you feel as if you are moving.

caekdaemon (Anderson) (10 + 10 = Motherfu-)
I am not even kidding. You rolled a 10 on top of your 10.

"Stop, foul beast of stone!"
"I'll send you to hell, even if I have to come with you!"

You heft the hammer, heavy not with real weight - not yet anyway - but heavy with undeniable consequence of what you are about to do.
Turning to the others, you shout,
"All you of you! Go, run! Nothing will survive the blast!"

"Nothing?! Anderson, what are you-"

"As I said - I will end this. Now flee!"

He freezes for a moment, then nods once and takes off in the opposite direction. Terry starts backpedaling, and says nothing, but the Hunchback salutes you as he goes.
Widdy- no, The Widowmaker, floats beside you. The gentlemanly voice echoes from no particular place:
"I would remain beside you."
"I would gladly have you... but it would be unnecessary. You'll do more good if you live."
"I was never really alive."
"You think. You feel. Even if you're simply a blade, these things make you alive."
"You don't understand. None of us-"
He stops abruptly as a loud footstep sounds across the street.
"Go!" you say with finality. The sword flies off towards the door.

You turn again to face the monstrosity. Headless as it is, it seems to snarl at you. The lines on its body flare up brightly, and it leaps forward.
You swing the hammer.

You are vaguely aware of the fact that your body is disintegrating around you as the hammer comes down, with the whole of the mass charge flowing into it. The world seems to be tearing itself apart, the very air collapsing. Your body begins to feel lighter and lighter, your weapon arcs towards the beast.

Yet the entire time, the weight in your hand remains the same.

And you can't help but grin.

~~~

CaveCricket (Raphael) (7)

Your wings come as soon as you summon them, and you grab Gabriel right after he begins running away from Anderson, snatching him up and carrying him all the way outside before the explosion hits.

Tokochiro (Johni) (7)

You run as fast as you can from Anderson, and you manage to make it past the door before you hear a blast.

Phd (John Adams) (1)

You trip as you're backing away, and you quickly realize that you need to get away fast, so you lift yourself to your feet and sprint to the entrance just in time to hear the explosion.

NPCs

Gabriel (-)

Terry (-)

Widdy (-)

Locations
-Everyone is near the entrance.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Events:

A tremendous explosion lights up the night like the surface of the sun, followed by a whooshing sound as everything within a quarter-mile of the epicenter is sucked into a single speck and disappears, leaving a perfect half-sphere in the ground.

A small hammer, its head glowing red-hot, falls from far above and lands right in the center of the crater, handle pointing skyward.

A purple sphere drops into the ground near the gate, and opens to reveal an unharmed Nikolai. Raphael lands nearby with Gabriel. Everyone else has already stopped there.

All is silent for but a moment, then a voice booms across the entire city.

"Well! If each one of you is capable of something like that, you just might be able to amuse me for a few minutes! I welcome you to my humble abode. Please, make your way to the city center and we'll have ourselves a good time."

~~~

For your information, no sixth character will be replacing caekdaemon. That is all.

Thu May 09, 2013 9:33 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: RtD: Illusia - (Roll #126) Finally Getting Somewhere
What a way to go!

Now go get 'em.

Thu May 09, 2013 11:02 pm
Profile WWW

> Transform into a super-speedy version of me.

Fri May 10, 2013 1:21 am
Loose Canon

"Not even my healing can fix that..."

Fri May 10, 2013 2:54 am
Profile WWW

I thought I had five players now. Not two. Where are you people?

Thu May 16, 2013 3:53 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Nighthawk wrote:
I thought I had five players now. Not two. Where are you people?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. God damn it you guys, don't let my heroic sacrifice go to waste.

Also, this is oddly fitting for my rather recent demise.

Fri May 17, 2013 2:11 am
Profile WWW

I can definitely envision you swinging your hammer in slow motion to that. Definitely.

Man, if only I were a good artist. I'd totally draw that scene.

Fri May 17, 2013 3:15 am

Make my way to the city center.

Fri May 17, 2013 4:53 am

"Well, that was quite the show."
>Head towards the City Center.

Sat May 18, 2013 4:18 am

"Woah, that was an awesome way to go out"
Salute the sacrifice, take the hammer and head to the city center

Sat May 18, 2013 8:59 pm

Post Re: RtD: Illusia - (Roll #127)
This has been dead too long because of me being lazy and unmotivated. I have been putting so little effort into my life lately that I could set a world record. I am beginning to regret it.

If you guys take 2 weeks to action, I won't mind, considering I've taken like a month just to update this, but if you do action faster, I will make an extra-special effort (which probably only means around 10% more effort) to update this again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Torrent (Gillian) (-)

You look down upon the crater.
"Unfortunate, isn't it?" John (Phd) comments offhandedly. Then he sighs. "I'm beginning to wonder what we're doing here."
"Does anyone know besides Gabriel?" You ask, though it's not really a question. "He doesn't tell us all that much, does he?"
"You're right about that." He pauses, then sighs again and starts walking casually around the crater. "Well, it was quite the show, anyway."

That's it? Quite the show? How did you come to meet people that seem to care so little about the death of a comrade? No, scratch that - How did you become comrades in the first place? You begin to wonder what kind of fate this seemingly random string of events has laid out for you.

Ociamarru (Nikolai) (-)

You wordlessly start walking to the city center. It shouldn't take too long to get there, and you're in no hurry; you feel a bit drained from that last fight. The crater is large, and though some are walking around it, you choose to slide down and go through. There seem to be plenty of handholds on the other side to climb back up, anyway. It'll be faster.

Johni and the floating sword, Widdy, are already in the center of the crater. Johni seems to have given up trying to take the hammer lying there. Seems like it's too heavy for him. As you pass, you hear the sword say quietly, "Perhaps I should have told him before he went...."

You wonder what he means. Your senses reveal nothing to you about him, so you can't guess what he's thinking. It's kind of hard to get a reading on a sword, after all.

CaveCricket (Raphael) (12)

You transform, your body becoming leaner and lighter; streamlined, but powerful enough to hit the ground running at incredibly high speeds. You still appear somewhat human - just... strange and almost hawk-like in your look. Your legs are also far more muscular.

The rest of you doesn't feel nearly so sturdy, though. Better be careful.

Tokochiro (Johni) (-)

"Woah, that was an awesome way to go out."
You salute the heroic sacrifice, then slide carefully down the huge crater down to the center. The floating sword is there, hovering near the hammer. He doesn't make any move, so you walk over and grab it.
... It won't move. It's... it's heavy! You strain with both arms, but you can't make any headway whatsoever. Too heavy! There's no way anyone could so much as make that thing budge an inch.

Suddenly you hear a voice nearby. It seems to be the sword, but you're not sure if it's addressing you or just talking to itself. Now there's an odd thought - a sword talking to itself.
"Perhaps I should have told him before he went...."

Oh, that's right. The sword is called the Widowmaker, or Widdy, right? He was Anderson's....

Phd (John Adams) (-)

You start walking for the city center and hear Gillian (Torrent) say something.
"Unfortunate, isn't it?" You say, though you don't feel all that lamenting over the situation. You're more concerned with yourself at the moment. That explosion could've killed you. "I'm beginning to wonder what we're doing here."
"Does anyone know besides Gabriel? He doesn't tell us all that much, does he?" Gillian says.
"You're right about that," You agree. Then, sighing again, wondering what the point of all this is, you walk on, adding with strange finality, "Well, it was quite the show, anyway."

The city center - a huge castle - looms close. You feel a bit uneasy about approaching.

NPCs

Gabriel (-)

Terry (-)

Widdy (-)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Events:

Nothing of note. I do wish to add, however, that I actually had a good time writing a non-action roll for once. I rather like writing dialogue and such.

Last edited by Nighthawk on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1642 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110  Next