View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 485 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
 The guns in CC and your thoughts (so we can make 'em better) 

Post Re: The guns in CC and your thoughts (so we can make 'em better)
Weapon: pistol,pistol(coalition),glock,deagle,nailgun,and rail pistol

what I like about them:
there fire rate are good

what I don't like about them:
they don't do enough damage

Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:50 pm

weegee wrote:
I've noticed that dummies wuth blasters often just stare at each other. They don't move probably because they see enemy. And they don't shoot, probably because they know the range of their weapons and enemy is unreachable with it. Also it's just not fair that their main weapon has so short range.
if you look in the dummy pistol folder you'll notice that blaster is in that folder

Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:05 am

Jomn wrote:
Quote:
How should we name stuff? Should we use serials/code/type/acronyms/other conventions within the names of units, weapons and craft? If so, how would they look like? Any cool ideas on naming? Share!

SOLUTION:

This is a faction specific issue, but mostly the naming is decided by the psychology of each Tech. As an example, robots would prefer more codenames and generic naming conventions for their items, while organics and other exotic Techs would prefer something more creative and defining. A good example list of various names for a shotgun weapon devised by Arne:

Generic: Shotgun
Affectionate: Shotty
Code: SG-70
Person name: Wimbleton-70
Mythology name: Zeus
Cool word: Devastator
Artsy: The Clavian spectacle
Emo: Nocturnal death

Dummies could go for simple generic names, Ronin would want something cool and affectionate, Coalition could use a mix of code and mythology, Techion might like artsy and emo, while Imperatus would have a cool word combined with mythology for extra epic effect. There are some rough examples that would work great.

The Wimbleton-70? Is that a Madness Combat reference?

Link to the thing I mean: http://madnesscombat.wikia.com/wiki/Hank_J._Wimbleton

Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:29 am

The auto shotgun.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROS:it has the strength of the pumpgun and is automatic.
------
CONS: Reload is too long, it has a clip but takes longer to reload than it looks.
=================================================================================================

What to change: just make it faster to reload, it has a clip for Pete's sakes!

Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:45 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

halo117 wrote:
The auto shotgun.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROS:it has the strength of the pumpgun and is automatic.
------
CONS: Reload is too long, it has a clip but takes longer to reload than it looks.
=================================================================================================

What to change: just make it faster to reload, it has a clip for Pete's sakes!
It's a bloody magazine.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:04 am

MP5K
Basically 2 things I hate:
The sound it makes, and the damage it does.
I think if the sound was more POW then PEW, it'd be better. (If you understand...)
And the damage needs to be increased a little. The bullets feel like weak bastards when I fire 'em.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:40 pm

Yeah, the MP5K is actually kind of stupid with the Sound it makes and the Damage. I mean, yeah we know its a SMG, but its kind of too weak for a SMG.
Also, it looks kind of bad to me. :l
By the way, i know that the Techion are fast, but, dont their weapons kind of feel weak?

Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:08 am

Notsoscary wrote:
Yeah, the MP5K is actually kind of stupid with the Sound it makes and the Damage. I mean, yeah we know its a SMG, but its kind of too weak for a SMG.
Also, it looks kind of bad to me. :l
By the way, i know that the Techion are fast, but, dont their weapons kind of feel weak?

And don't forget that the MP5K bullets literally bounce off guns.

Sat May 18, 2013 11:50 pm

All the Ronin weapons need re-balancing.

Ronin weapons are very cheap, compared to other weapons, but functionally are as powerful or better than them, even the Techion weps, which are specially designed to be powerful expensive weapons. I can hold down an entire base almost indefinitely with 2 heavies armed with M60's, and the AK is an accurate, rapid fire, high damage, cheap assault rifle. The Kar seems to be the exception to this rule. I love its accuracy, but relative to its fire rate and reload time, it doesn't seem to do enough damage. While we're on the subject of the Kar, I think the snipers need longer scoped range. If I can spray with the AK or M60 offscreen and get roughly the same damage output for a smaller price and more mobility, it renders the Kar obsolete.

Overall, I like the familiarity and accessibility of the Ronin arsenal, but I think they're underpriced and overpowered. I've never lost a game as the Ronin.

Thu May 23, 2013 2:06 am

I finally narrowed down the crashing with the Browncoats to the use of the Backblast IN-2 and the PY-07 Trailblazer. I'm still not exactly sure why it happens, but the one thing in common with both of these weapons is their script, SpitSmoke2.lua.

Just ran a test run to see how long it would take to crash, it was under 10 minutes (about 7) and the shot hit a helmet. Both the last crash I had (when I stopped using Browncoats ever again) and this one happened in this fashion, aiming on a very slight upwards angle (7~12 degrees) and hitting a helmet of a unit. It doesn't happen every single time like this.. seems to be a 1/100 deal. I took a look at the script but without any lua experience really I can't give a more in depth answer as to why it occurs.

Other crashes I've seen were being shot downwards at a similar angle straying from the 90° up/down/left/right (so 83~78°, 97~102° kinda of thing). But it's definitely these weapons.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:40 am

We need some sort of stungun that makes the actor's joints fall apart.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:46 pm
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Thanks for the bug report Corpsey. Instructions like that on how to reproduce bugs are really helpful.
I have now set up an automatic debug scene that can reproduce the crash in a few minutes and will forward it to Data so he can figure out exactly where in the engine things go wrong.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:33 pm

Gun: Compact Assault Rifle

Pros: lightweight, easy to use, decent at short to mid range. cheap-ish

Cons: Accuracy. The spread of this weapon is awful compared to the coalition assault rifle, which also has more ammunition. It feels like it's pigeonholed between an SMG and an assault rifle, but fails at both jobs.

Bringing down the kick on this weapon would make it a much more valid option when outfitting someone, especially as a potential sidearm.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:09 pm

So, im going to review the Ronin Weapons.
Glock : Well, its cheap and is actually weak, but it has a rather medium-like Magazine for a pistol. Also, good Rate of FIre.
Desert Eagle : The Rate of Fire should be buffed. Otherwise, its good.
Peacemaker : I remember when this THing was OP as ****. Nowadays its nerfed and still a good Thing.
Uzi: It seems like a GLock with a bigger magazine and its automatic.
MP5K : Seriously, buff this Thing up, its not really worth it and the sound, it sounds bad!
Shortgun : Well, its a smaller Shotgun with only 2 Shells in it. It can equipped with a Shield, so...its sorta balanced.
Pumpgun : Oh where do i start? It can kill Enemies from a longer-than-average range and kick @ss in Close Combat.
Spas-12 It was kinda good. Should make the Damage higher.
AK-47 : Make the RoF higher to 600, but otherwise, its a cheap, good Assault Rifle.
M16 : Its faster than the AK-47 and is better than it...
M1 Garand : 8 Bullets and a nice Fire Rate and Damage.
Kar 98 : Sometimes, i think this Thing is OP.
Bazooka : The shooting is kinda slow. Buff it up, please.
RPG-7 : Make it optional of it exploding on Contact, instead of exploding near a Object.
Thumper : I like to blow stuff up with it, its ok.
RPC : Rocket-proppeled-Chainsaw. Nuff said, its good but it can be also optional of exploding on Contact.
Pineapple Grenade : Does it change itself from the normal Frag Grenade anyway?
Uhhh, the Stielhandgranate : It throws further, and doesnt always explode when only dropped.
Molotov Cocktail : Good for keeping Enemies away.
Stone : What the hell should i throw this Thing at? Crabs?
Shovel : Kinda slow, but it cant dig through Metal.
Chainsaw : VROOM VROOM, its good and should be like that!

Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:00 am

Notsoscary wrote:
So, im going to review the Ronin Weapons.
Glock : Well, its cheap and is actually weak, but it has a rather medium-like Magazine for a pistol. Also, good Rate of FIre.
Desert Eagle : The Rate of Fire should be buffed. Otherwise, its good.
Peacemaker : I remember when this THing was OP as ****. Nowadays its nerfed and still a good Thing.
Uzi: It seems like a GLock with a bigger magazine and its automatic.
MP5K : Seriously, buff this Thing up, its not really worth it and the sound, it sounds bad!
Shortgun : Well, its a smaller Shotgun with only 2 Shells in it. It can equipped with a Shield, so...its sorta balanced.
Pumpgun : Oh where do i start? It can kill Enemies from a longer-than-average range and kick @ss in Close Combat.
Spas-12 It was kinda good. Should make the Damage higher.
AK-47 : Make the RoF higher to 600, but otherwise, its a cheap, good Assault Rifle.
M16 : Its faster than the AK-47 and is better than it...
M1 Garand : 8 Bullets and a nice Fire Rate and Damage.
Kar 98 : Sometimes, i think this Thing is OP.
Bazooka : The shooting is kinda slow. Buff it up, please.
RPG-7 : Make it optional of it exploding on Contact, instead of exploding near a Object.
Thumper : I like to blow stuff up with it, its ok.
RPC : Rocket-proppeled-Chainsaw. Nuff said, its good but it can be also optional of exploding on Contact.
Pineapple Grenade : Does it change itself from the normal Frag Grenade anyway?
Uhhh, the Stielhandgranate : It throws further, and doesnt always explode when only dropped.
Molotov Cocktail : Good for keeping Enemies away.
Stone : What the hell should i throw this Thing at? Crabs?
Shovel : Kinda slow, but it cant dig through Metal.
Chainsaw : VROOM VROOM, its good and should be like that!

MP5K suppose to be strong due to 9mm "parabellum" variant bullets.

Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 485 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next