View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Felines! 

Post Felines!
As the titles says, it's the feline topic, to talk about theses whiskered, meowing creatures~!

What's your favorite? Why does this one got this and this one gets that? Talk here about that and this~

As for Lynxes :

Isn't that ♥♥♥♥ cute? The ears of the Lynxes have tufts at the end to make it hear better...or something similar, I've read.

Although I don't know the purpose of the cheektufts, I suppose it's about keeping him warm or something. It's fur, afterall.

So? What's your favorite cat? Got any at home? (Was gonna upload pics of my cats, but Camera isn't repaired yet.)

Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:01 pm

Post Re: Felines!
Was this Thread really necessary?
Anyway, i got a Kitten, pure white, she always wakes me up in the Middle of the Night and bites like hell.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:32 pm

Notsoscary wrote:
Was this Thread really necessary?
Anyway, i got a Kitten, pure white, she always wakes me up in the Middle of the Night and bites like hell.

Necessacy, no, but I guess feline can make a good topic subject anyway. Kittens bites are more painful than adult cats bites, prubably due to their more small and sharp teeth.

I got myself a european cat, and another one, whom I don't know the race, black and white. They're cute and cuddly, but steals any food they see. :c And, Sadly, I don't have any Lynxes, hehe.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:33 pm

Lynxes are natural Hunters and arent that great as Pets, i mean, they love to live in the Forests, not sit their Buttocks off in your House.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:49 pm

Notsoscary wrote:
Lynxes are natural Hunters and arent that great as Pets, i mean, they love to live in the Forests, not sit their Buttocks off in your House.

I've heard in many sources than young Lynxes can be easily tamed, and I'm not living on some shitty city, dude, I got a house and own 100 meters of terrain.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:44 pm

It's considered animal cruelty when you take wild hunting animals into your home and treat them like domestics.
There are exceptions, but hunting cats are not included. If you love lynxes so much, don't wish to make them suffer for your vanity.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:32 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I'm not a fan of pets in general. Bad memories from when I was young. Very unpleasant stuff.

Also, I think this thread won't make it far. Probably a better idea to have just made a post in the lounge.

Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:45 am
Profile WWW

Or an animal thread in general.

I like birds. They're flying feathered things. Albatrosses are cool 'cause they can fly for stupid long amounts of time but they're too stupid to distinguish plastic from food.

Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:56 am

My cat imitates the sound of birds I guess to try to draw them in. She's white as snow though so I don't really know how effective stealth operations can be for her.

Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:39 am

Dogs are pretty cool.
Got a mongrel from a shelter while in South Africa. He looks like a cross between a dingo, a husky, a Doberman and a German Shepard.
He was so scared of our cat before she died, and he was ten times her size.

Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:12 am

Contrary wrote:
My cat imitates the sound of birds I guess to try to draw them in. She's white as snow though so I don't really know how effective stealth operations can be for her.

I've readed somewhere (Guess what; can't remember) that most animals does not sees colors, and that's why you can hunt with a purple jacket or a orange pant without getting spotted...As long as you don't move. :P

Sothe wrote:
It's considered animal cruelty when you take wild hunting animals into your home and treat them like domestics.
There are exceptions, but hunting cats are not included. If you love lynxes so much, don't wish to make them suffer for your vanity.

As I already said before, I won't get them locked on my house or something; I got a terrain and I'm living at the entry of a forest, so there's no cruelty with that.
Seeing such things makes think alot. :???: poor kitty.

Plus, about that, what's being Animal cruelty? hunting them or testing products on them in labs?

Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:02 pm

Having them out of their natural habitat in an environment that they can't adapt to.

Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:16 am
DRLGrump

Quote:
I've readed somewhere (Guess what; can't remember) that most animals does not sees colors, and that's why you can hunt with a purple jacket or a orange pant without getting spotted...As long as you don't move. :P

I'm gunna learn ya some simple science real quick, and then watch this thread die a slow, drawn out death. The reason some animals can't see some colors is because they don't have the proper cones in their eyes for it. Humans see three primary colors that correlate to the cones in their eyes. Every other color is a combination of those three cones noting that they're being activated by the light's wavelength, and then your brain pieces together that information and boom, you can see a rainbow. Some animals, however, might only have different two cones in their eyes, so some colors are perceived differently. Deer, for example, don't have the red-receptive cones that humans have, so any red or orange that's seen is shifted to a more green or brown color. However, deer have an abundance of blue-receptive cones, so to them, blue seems more vivid than other colors.

Also, Jesus man, do you even consider proofreading things before you hit submit? Do you know what plurals are? Or past and present tense are?
I'm out.

Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:24 am

Vlads wrote:
Contrary wrote:

White is not a colour.

Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:07 am

Major wrote:

White is not a colour.

Wat. i thought White IS a Colour. What is it, if its not a Colour?

Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next