View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Roll to Dodge - Tiny Gods 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Tiny Gods
Kebbit, I dub thee Stanely

Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:21 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Oh what surprise update.

"Today is going to be a good day."

Check the news for someone prominent to hunt while searching the apartment for the equipment needed to hunt them.

Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:27 pm
Profile WWW

Put on a black suit and tie, grab the Camaro and head out the police station to inquire when the Spyker* will be released from investigative custody.
Put on some nice music.

*yes Spyker, because if your country has one supercar company then you have to own one.

Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:17 pm
Loose Canon

Everyone has the normal stuff you'd expect to find in their pockets; keys, wallet, lint, etc. If the character had anything unusual, I wrote that down. If you WANT you char to have anything unusual, just say the word.

Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

TorrentHKU wrote:
Everyone has the normal stuff you'd expect to find in their pockets; keys, wallet, lint, etc. If the character had anything unusual, I wrote that down. If you WANT you char to have anything unusual, just say the word.

I'm taking the opportunity for you to introduce some potentially plot relevant items and also letting you give me power-relevant gear.

Should help with balancing in my regard.

Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:23 pm
Profile WWW
DRLGrump

Watch the rest of Ikki's little introduction. See if this Gifted guy demonstrates his power. After the intro is done, see if Ikki has anything pressing he needs me to do before I run my own errands.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:11 pm

>Sneak around the perimeter, look for any gaps in security. Emphasis on sneak, low profile as ♥♥♥♥.
"Today's the day, gonna find some concrete proof. I'll show those ♥♥♥♥ yet."

Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:41 am

"A light lunch would be nice. What's nearby?"

> Nichole Minaj? What am I, some generic high school peasant? Put on some snazzy jazz or something like that.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:25 am

Scrabble through the desk for the cheap pack of cigarettes, the battered Zippo and the ID card. Go outside (carefully avoiding the head of staff, who frightens me), light a smoke, think for a while.

"...there's nowhere to go from here, Gregory. Somebody up there marked you, buddy. What are you gonna do? Are you just gonna take it, you lousy piece of ♥♥♥♥? Listen to me, Greg. Are you listening, fat ♥♥♥♥?"

The doctor shuts his eyes and begins shaking his head. The lit cigarette falls from his mouth as he crosses himself.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:07 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Do I honestly just come to these stair steps to get a glimpse of that one actress?

>
Better finish this circuit, head to whatever occupation's first: University Student, or Storage and Moving, since it seems to be the morning.

So, what the hell could Leona have at her house?

Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:38 am
Loose Canon

Wow, got almost everyone already. Waiting on Offendo!

Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:51 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Yo.
Offendo.
First roll man, come on.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:25 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

TorrentHKU wrote:
Yo.
Offendo.
First roll man, come on.

I'm waiting on a character from him for Fantasy too.

Gonna throw him a PM.

EDIT : And done.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:48 am
Profile WWW

Oh whoops, sorry about that. I don't know, must've lost connection. Doing this on mobile, might've screwed up.

Continue workout, turn on start on workouts without support of cane. Try to be able to walk without it soon.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:20 am
Loose Canon

ALRIGHT. ROLLING!

CaveCricket48 - Tabitha "Tabi" Merriam [4]
"A light lunch would be nice. What's nearby?"
"Well, a few places. There's a nice bistro a few blocks from here, a couple cafes right here to serve the theatergoers, and... I do believe a new branch of a popular designer sandwich chain opened recently. Any of that tickle your fancy?"
"Bistro... that sounds good."

Richard begins navigating through the streets while you change the music. Minaj is good, but you feel like something a bit calmer right now. Some jazz maybe.
While you drive, you check the news headlines.
Protests Continue as Gifted Movement Leader Heads Rallies
Massive Fire on West Side, 18 Dead, 46 Injured
Twinkie Production Resumes in Four States
Military Base in Central Park Ignores Opposition

The usual.
You arrive at the Bistro, and it's moderately busy. The parking is mostly full, but you find a space easily enough. Richard trails behind you as you head in, getting a separate but nearby table. He's a manservant, not a nanny. There if you need him, not if you don't. The Bistro is nice inside; tall ceilings, wood panelling, a traditional old-country feeling to the decor. It all feels very... homey. The server approaches while you're browsing the menu, and after a moment greets you.
"H-hello maam, my name is Sterling, I'll be your server today. Can I start you with anything?"
Hmm. Monotone voice, but he's got a friendly tone.
"Yes, I'll have the-"
One of Wind

"...garden salad, to start."

-Character Sheet-
Gift Name: Playwright

maart3n - Tim van der Valk [1]
You put on your Sunday Best, actually just a regular suit with a slightly iridescent black and red tie, and hop in your Camaro. Leaving the estate, you gun it down the mostly abandoned well maintained roads of the nice part of town, and slow as you come into the more populated city streets. Making your way through the hustle and bustle, you head to the police impound lot to inquire about your fourth ride, your pride and joy, a Spyker C8 Aileron you got last year.
Of course, the moment the wall goes up, some crazed ♥♥♥♥ with a tire iron smashes your window, hotwires your baby, and gets caught halfway across the city after he nearly T bones into a random minivan. Moron was practically out of his mind trying to get out the city. It's been held in police custody ever since, waiting for the court hearings to finish. They said it would be done soon, and you could have your car back when it was, but they didn't say exactly when, so you've been checking daily.
...Now that you think of it, how are you going to drive it out if it IS ready for release? Actually, it'll need to have its window replaced won't it, you can have a shop pick it up.

You arrive at the lot, and park your Camaro where you can see it from the small police office, built next to the large fenced lot full of cars.

-Character Sheet-
Gift Name: Pose Breaker

Benpasko - Blade Runner [5]
"Today's the day, gonna find some concrete proof. I'll show those ♥♥♥♥ yet."
You surreptitiously get up, and stealthily snoop your way around the plant's perimeter, staying on the other side of the street as much as possible. Hmm. From what you can tell, Norstar's not particularly invested in this place... They've got a guard booth in front, a big chain link fence to keep people out, and maybe another guard that patrols every so often. This place either doesn't need much security, or they're very good at hiding it.
Regardless, you continue scoping. The fence is all intact and pretty new, but you could cut your way in if you needed to. The guards would notice when they patrolled, but if you time it right that could still give you plenty of time. Not sure what you would do once you're inside though, the juicy stuff is probably right in the guard booth, and that'll never be empty.
Alternatively, you could blow this popsicle stand and go find somewhere with a REAL Norstar presence. It'd be a harder nut to crack, but you'd be SURE to find something juicy.
You run out of soup just as you make it back to your initial observation position in front of the gate.

-Character Sheet-
Gift Name: Kinetic Pylon

Tomaster - Simmons Johnson [4]
"Alright, show em! Show em show em!"
Salamander holds his hand up, fingers fanned and facing up, and a small flame pops into existence on the tip of each one. He then swings his hand through the air, leaving a large blazing trail of flame, and eliciting oohs and ahhs from the other gangmembers.
"Yeah! This guy's a firebender! It's sweeeeeeeeeeet! We're gonna get some ♥♥♥♥ done now, move up in life!"
"...That all Ikki? You have anything for us, or is this just to show us your new friend."

He looks surprised that you spoke up, then changes to a look of deep, intense thought.
"Hrnnng... Yeah! Figure out what we're gonna do with Salamander! I mean we're gonna expand our turf, but we gotta aim higher than that too! Think big! Rob somewhere, kidnap a rich girl and get some ransom, crack a safe open maybe... The possibilities are endless!"
...So yeah, that's all. He does this, goes off on silly rants and spouts crazy ideas, they're mostly just excitement and bluster.
Hmm. Do you wait until the meeting's over so you can talk with Salamander one on one, or do you just leave?

-Character Sheet-
Gift Name: Two Step Road

caekdaemon - Daemon [6]
"Today is going to be a good day."
You turn on the TV in your apartment, and tune to the local news, listening while you go around and gather some things. Idle hands are the devil's workshop, and every workshop has tools.
"The investigation into the fire two days ago continues, investigators say arson is not out of the question, but the possibility of Gifted involvement complicates matters tremendously...
A pair of kukris, mostly for the intimidation factor. No knife scarier to see in someone's hand, really.
"Norstar's Odin is making a public appearance today at a press conference, along with the surprise announcement that Norstar will begin offering protection services on a neighborhood level..."
Emergency flashbangs, rigged to the inside of your coat. Can drop them at a moment's notice, and gives you enough time to make a quick getaway. You don't like carrying them, but you only use them when things have gotten too hot to handle. Important to have.
"The police chief has stepped down, resigning after 24 years of service, while the new chief, James Gondolas, has taken the position. Gondolas is also known to be a Gifted by the name of 'Justice in Chains'..."
A small, serviceable glock. Easily concealed, versatile, good in a fight. Not your preferred method of death dealing, but you'd be foolish to not have a piece.
Let's see, what else besides the essentials... A spool of garrote wire, a notepad and pencil for notes, your punchcard for Bubble Tea, two more punches and you get a free tea! Your latest read for the quiet moments, a small pair of binoculars... You think this will do for now, until you know better what exactly you'll be doing.

-Character Sheet-
Gift Name: Shadow Jack

TheKebbit - Dr. Gregory Martel [5]
You scrounge through your desk, hunting down your cigarettes and lighter, then you take a walk outside to the smoking area. Being a chemical plant, you have to be careful where you're releasing the smoke, lest you contaminate something important. As you puff on the smoke, you find yourself quietly monologuing.
"...there's nowhere to go from here, Gregory. Somebody up there marked you, buddy. What are you gonna do? Are you just gonna take it, you lousy piece of ♥♥♥♥? Listen to me, Greg. Are you listening, fat ♥♥♥♥?"
...No. You don't think...
"You don't think you're listening, you piece of ♥♥♥♥?"
You don't think you'll take it. You're... you're better. Better than them, better than this.
Absentmindedly, you flick the lighter open, its flame silently licking at the air. You spit out the cigarette, stamping it out, then cross yourself after a moment of thought.

You have what it takes to become a god. A god or a monster.

-Character Sheet-
Gift Name: Unman Integrate

Foa - Morrissa "Eonislara" Leona [10]
Do I honestly just come to these stair steps to get a glimpse of that one actress?
Probably not.

You get up and stretch, satisfied with your people-watching for now, and you make your way towards the Community College. It's not a long walk, and it's through a nice part of town, so you take your time. That's another reason you go through here, it's much better than going straight to the college. You'd have to pass through a seedy neighborhood that way, and though you have to spend an extra 45 minutes or so walking, you don't mind it.
Soon, you've reached the college, 10 minutes before class. As you head in, you wonder what you'll do with your free time after class and before your job.

-Character Sheet-
Gift Name: Black Rabbit

Offendo - Saladin Ashur [2]
Without your cane? You already CAN walk without your cane. Hell, give it a few more weeks and you could probably do a cartwheel.
Well, maybe a jumping jack. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves after all.
This Gift is amazing, you are honestly well enough to go out and, well, DO something! Hmm. Maybe you should go see some old friends. You've not been able to because of your health, but now that's not a problem.

-Character Sheet-
Gift Name: Hive Talker

Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:22 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next