View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Better Vanilla Sprites [Now with a download] 

Post Better Vanilla Sprites [Now with a download]
Hello guys, a moment ago I decided to improve the Ronin faction sprites, because I foundt the M16 sprite very, very ugly.

I just want to know if the sprites I made were good or not, and if they are for you, I will certainly make a mod. c:

The Ak-47 Sprite is now an AkM (more realistic, seeing that 2/3 variants of AKs in the world are AkM-59), it also have a metal magazine, because

I tried my best to improve the Desert Eagle sprite, but I must say, there is no real way to make it really look like a DE with that small amount of pixels.

The M16 sprite looks better that way, right? =D

That's the glock. Better or not?

The Kar98 does no more have that 'rotten wood' sprite, and is no more magazine-fed. (u y not knuwing fr stipper clips?) It also have a bigger scope, to compensate, y'know?

The Uzi is now a real Uzi, and not some kind of mini/micro thing.

Tell me what you think guys! c: Also, I didn't really knew where to put this topic, mods, if it is not the good category, please move it.

Last edited by Vlads on Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:03 pm

Post Re: Better Vanilla Sprites
All the sprites in the first image are allright in a slightly-vanilla-resemblance way.

I've too done my own sprites for most vanilla weapons, especially ronin ones just because.

I'd recommend making your own stuff though and to keep improving your spriting skills.

Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:58 pm

4zK wrote:
All the sprites in the first image are allright in a slightly-vanilla-resemblance way.

I've too done my own sprites for most vanilla weapons, especially ronin ones just because.

I'd recommend making your own stuff though and to keep improving your spriting skills.

What I was asking for, 4zK, is that if my sprites were good enought to make a full-mod only to improve and add ronin weapons.

Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:02 pm

Ah, yes.

There's no such thing as "good enough" when you're posting a mod. Just get something done and see what people think about it.

There have been mods that "add" to existing factions, such as Major's dummy expansion or that coalition superheavy unit, can't remember who made it though.

I guess ones with only a few guns should belong in minor mods, but those rarely get any attention.

Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:22 pm

4zK wrote:
Ah, yes.

There's no such thing as "good enough" when you're posting a mod. Just get something done and see what people think about it.

There have been mods that "add" to existing factions, such as Major's dummy expansion or that coalition superheavy unit, can't remember who made it though.

I guess ones with only a few guns should belong in minor mods, but those rarely get any attention.

The only thing stopping me for that kind of mod is the actual number of existing weapons, in other means, I could make it bigger than UniTec if I wanted, soo, yeah, I'm not planning to do a small mod. Help will be appreciated, too.

Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:59 pm

Please post a link , i wanna download! D:

( and does it have the animation bolt pulling back thingy? )

Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:46 am

Epicnator wrote:

Yes, but it's only visible half-a-second. :U Also, if you want a download link, you'll need to give me the names of the weapons. :p

Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:46 pm

Vlads wrote:
Epicnator wrote:

Yes, but it's only visible half-a-second. :U Also, if you want a download link, you'll need to give me the names of the weapons. :p

AN-94

AK-74U

Walther P38

G3 ( possibly with CETME magazine or so )

original M16 with wooden furniture

Barret M82

MP5

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:07 am

Epicnator wrote:
Vlads wrote:
Epicnator wrote:

AN-94

AK-74U

Walther P38

G3 ( possibly with CETME magazine or so )

original M16 with wooden furniture

Barret M82

MP5

;~; I sprite THAT bad?

AN-94 = Was actually a Ak-74M

AK-74U = Was actually an Aks-74u (you little CoD player! :p)

Walther P38 =(Desert Eagle, w/ Long barrel

G3 ( possibly with CETME magazine or so ) = YES

original M16 with wooden furniture = AR-10

Barret M82 = M107CQB

MP5 = Yus

But I'm not a ♥♥♥♥♥, I'm gonna give ya a link as soon as I can! in other means, not right now, my internet is crappy.

Also, you gave me ideas, you little shibbledibble.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:33 pm

The AKM and M16 sprites are quite better than vanilla, but didn't AKMs usually have those ugly bright orange plastic clips instead of black ones?

Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:30 pm

ATOS Productions wrote:
those ugly bright orange plastic clips

You mean glorious Soviet magazine of magnificent invention bakelite

edit: wait also akm mags were usually steel iirc
edit2: Also Vlads your AR-10 sprite is pretty nice imo, as are most of the others. The pistol grips on the MP5, G18, and a couple of others look a tad off/wide tho. I think the M107 could use a bit of work too - specifically the telescopic sight and shading on the receiver.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:38 pm

Kettenkrad wrote:
ATOS Productions wrote:

edit2: Also Vlads your AR-10 sprite is pretty nice imo, as are most of the others. The pistol grips on the MP5, G18, and a couple of others look a tad off/wide tho. I think the M107 could use a bit of work too - specifically the telescopic sight and shading on the receiver.

Hmmm. Those mags you posted look quite nice, some others have different tone which makes them ugly. And wasn't it the original (pre-M) 47 that had the steel mags?

On topic: The AK variations KICK ASS! A day or so before I found this topic, I tried to make some myself, but I couldn't get nowhere near this. BTW, are you uploading them as JPGs to prevent stealing or what?

P.S. I had an idea of a very similar Ronin expansion mod, but as all these very similar variations of weapons would clutter up the buying menu, some kind of randomisation wouldn't hurt. Say, in the buying menu you have an option for [AK 7,62mm]. If you pick it, you can not be sure what exactly you will get - might be an AKM, a Chinese Type-56, an AKS, AKN, original AK-47, that weird version with a pistol grip (was it some Romanian clone?), or pretty much anything similar to AKM or AK-47. This might give some unfair advantages, but would add to the feeling that Ronins are not all nice and legal.
I have no idea how to pull it off though. Is it possible to spawn a random HDFirearm out of a bunch?

P.P.S. Whattabewt a RPK, a PP-19, and something of the AK-100 series? Please?

Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:13 pm

ATOS Productions wrote:
Kettenkrad wrote:
ATOS Productions wrote:

Hmmm. Those mags you posted look quite nice, some others have different tone which makes them ugly. And wasn't it the original (pre-M) 47 that had the steel mags?

On topic: The AK variations KICK ASS! A day or so before I found this topic, I tried to make some myself, but I couldn't get nowhere near this. BTW, are you uploading them as JPGs to prevent stealing or what?

P.S. I had an idea of a very similar Ronin expansion mod, but as all these very similar variations of weapons would clutter up the buying menu, some kind of randomisation wouldn't hurt. Say, in the buying menu you have an option for [AK 7,62mm]. If you pick it, you can not be sure what exactly you will get - might be an AKM, a Chinese Type-56, an AKS, AKN, original AK-47, that weird version with a pistol grip (was it some Romanian clone?), or pretty much anything similar to AKM or AK-47. This might give some unfair advantages, but would add to the feeling that Ronins are not all nice and legal.
I have no idea how to pull it off though. Is it possible to spawn a random HDFirearm out of a bunch?

P.P.S. Whattabewt a RPK, a PP-19, and something of the AK-100 series? Please?

YUS.

Tho I'm ♥♥♥♥ for lua coding, so I won't be able to script such a thing. If anyone wants to help me, just message, I don't bite!
Also, kettenkrad, I only like bakelite on my Ak-74, sorry!

If y'all buddies could give me some weapons idea, it won't hurt. What would you think about a 80.002 as signature weapon for brain dafred? :p

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:40 am

Suggestions

The crappy chauchat

Mosin Nagant

MP40 ( why not? )

M1 Thompson

SVT ( why not? )

ronin emplacements (why not? )

Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:17 am

Mosin magant would be a good idea, as upgrade of the Kar98.
MP40, well...There's already an UZi and a MP5A3.

Chauchat...name says all. :L Tho I could add it as easter egg weapon, like in Fallout 2...

The thompson was already in the games files, there's just the magazine I need to fix.

The SVT....Mnngh~

Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next