View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Better Vanilla Sprites [Now with a download] 

Post Re: Better Vanilla Sprites
Randomising weapons is possible with lua, but it does require a bit of work. You can't just randomise the frame like the ronin do with their heads/armour (Changing the frame of a HDFirearm doesn't work at all). You really have to add a new gun to the actors inventory and then delete the old one. What I'd do for randomising is make a fake gun, named "Random Pistol" for instance, then that fake gun runs a script that adds a random pistol to the actors inventory and then deletes the fake gun.

If you really want to do something like that and you don't know any lua yourself, let me know, I wouldn't mind writing the code for you, it shouldn't be too hard.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:53 pm

clunatic wrote:
Randomising weapons is possible with lua, but it does require a bit of work. You can't just randomise the frame like the ronin do with their heads/armour (Changing the frame of a HDFirearm doesn't work at all). You really have to add a new gun to the actors inventory and then delete the old one. What I'd do for randomising is make a fake gun, named "Random Pistol" for instance, then that fake gun runs a script that adds a random pistol to the actors inventory and then deletes the fake gun.

If you really want to do something like that and you don't know any lua yourself, let me know, I wouldn't mind writing the code for you, it shouldn't be too hard.

But wouldn't that result in the random gun appearing only when the fake gun is picked up? What about making an actor that spawns one of the HDFirearms (possible?), then deletes/kills itself, and using that as the buying menu object?

Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:02 pm

No, the fake gun is what you buy in the menu, if you order an actor with the fake gun already equipped, it then spawns a random firarm in the inventory of the actor, then the fake gun deletes itself. If you just buy the fake gun in build mode and place it on a map, the fake gun would just replace iself with a random weapon.

Using an actor just makes it more complicated.

Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:24 am

#2]

M14 ( you know. )

M1 carbine

Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:21 am

Epicnator wrote:
#2]

M14 ( you know. )

M1 carbine

I don't know how would the M14 be not overpowered... :U I'm trying to make accurate damage from the cartridge the gun uses (E.G an uzi will shoot same bullets as a Glock or a MP5K, with a few differences from barrel length and bullet speed, depending on the gun's barrel length and mechanisms.) But a M1A or a M24 could be a good idea. We're gonna have a bunch of wooden sniper rifles. =p

Clunatic, I sended you a message about that lil' LUA code.

I might also add furries as actors.

EDIT: I also made some new sprites. Whatcha think about some AkMS, a BFR, the Luger, a RPG-7 With iron sights, a SKS, and a DPMS Tac20?

Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:01 pm

Vlads wrote:
Epicnator wrote:
#2]

M14 ( you know. )

M1 carbine

I don't know how would the M14 be not overpowered... :U I'm trying to make accurate damage from the cartridge the gun uses (E.G an uzi will shoot same bullets as a Glock or a MP5K, with a few differences from barrel length and bullet speed, depending on the gun's barrel length and mechanisms.) But a M1A or a M24 could be a good idea. We're gonna have a bunch of wooden sniper rifles. =p

Clunatic, I sended you a message about that lil' LUA code.

I might also add furries as actors.

EDIT: I also made some new sprites. Whatcha think about some AkMS, a BFR, the Luger, a RPG-7 With iron sights, a SKS, and a DPMS Tac20?

Yes, a Parabellum wouldn't hurt, and those sprites that I have are no good (I am not sure if they were in the Ronin.rte originally or I downloaded them somewhere). Also, do a RPK...please?

Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:28 am

Well, well, alright, if that's what the people wants, I must offer it to people...Tho we're gonna have a shitload of Ak-variants.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:36 pm

Vlads wrote:
Well, well, alright, if that's what the people wants, I must offer it to people...Tho we're gonna have a shitload of Ak-variants.

Just like real life :grin: So to say, what about a G36? A little piece trivia - it is currently in process of replacing the AK4 as the main AR of the Homeguard of Latvia. The truth is, however, that only a couple of them have been issued, and are mostly used for showoffs for now. :grin:

Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:05 pm

ATOS Productions wrote:
Vlads wrote:

Just like real life :grin: So to say, what about a G36? A little piece trivia - it is currently in process of replacing the AK4 as the main AR of the Homeguard of Latvia. The truth is, however, that only a couple of them have been issued, and are mostly used for showoffs for now. :grin:

A'aighties, I'm gonna have some werk. :<

Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:47 pm

Also : Image

Izmath AkMSU
Magnum Research BFR
Colt M1911A1
Izmath RPK-74
Simonov SKS

-

RPG-7
Colt Thompson M1A1
DPMS Panther Arms Tac20
Izmath Aks-74U

Aaaand I almost finished.... drumroll...A ANZIO 20mm SPRITE! =D

Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:49 pm

get a mosin nagant and a PPS-43 / PPsh 41 in here damn you

#soviet

Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:55 am

Whoa. Visual enjoyment overload.

By the way, what about the broomhandle Mauser? I tried to make a sprite myself, but couldn't make it look nice - if I made the barrel 2px wide, it looked too large, 1px was too small, and the grip looked weird no matter what I did to it.

the URL in case the image doesn't work

Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:27 pm

ATOS Productions wrote:
Whoa. Visual enjoyment overload.

By the way, what about the broomhandle Mauser? I tried to make a sprite myself, but couldn't make it look nice - if I made the barrel 2px wide, it looked too large, 1px was too small, and the grip looked weird no matter what I did to it.

the URL in case the image doesn't work

Holy hell, that's a cute sprite, and it looks fine by me. I'm gonna try to mod the Luger sprite into a Mauser one, and if that does not works, I'll ask Kettengrad if I can borrow his sprite.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:31 pm

If the sprite looks OK, I can send it to you - I have no intents to use it anywhere. How do you think, which version looks better - the 1px barrel or 2px one? Also, what ammo it would use, if you included it in your mod? Maybe the 9x25 Mauser Export, or the 7.63x25? Otherwise we might end up with sh-tload of 9x19 weapons :grin: .

P.S. I'm also working on a Borchardt C-93, but that doesn't look half as good as this.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:35 pm

ATOS Productions wrote:
If the sprite looks OK, I can send it to you - I have no intents to use it anywhere. How do you think, which version looks better - the 1px barrel or 2px one? Also, what ammo it would use, if you included it in your mod? Maybe the 9x25 Mauser Export, or the 7.63x25? Otherwise we might end up with sh-tload of 9x19 weapons :grin: .

P.S. I'm also working on a Borchardt C-93, but that doesn't look half as good as this.

Oh, that I don't really know, and making it chambered for 9mm para was my first idea....or why not a .45ACP version? I don't remember if it was the Luger or the Mauser, but one of those two had a prototype chambered for .45, made by the US, if I remember right.

EDIT = Made a new sprite for the M60, and added the M249 SAW, hurrrrr

Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next