View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 729 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 49  Next
 FG Lounge 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: FG Lounge
Nighthawk wrote:
Oy, caek. You said to post in here about Chavlish.

Is there a place where I can find some kind of abbreviation dictionary? As a person who enjoys various vernaculars and toying with the English language, I'm actually interested in learning this.

Here or in the Infidium thread if CC doesn't mind. Either is good. Personally I don't mind some off topic chat between the rolls in Fantasy. As you can tell, Chavlish isn't an actual official language, more of a cultural variant of regular English. It's both a reference to the accents of people that tend to speak it and actual things people say. In some parts of England you can find people who actually speak that way.

Some of these are quite accurate.

And this one is entirely accurate.

You see, people who speak Chavlish are, to put it politely, quite derpy. Combined with a bad regional accent causing extra words to appear in a sentence (you know like, for example) you get some pretty bad speech. I'm a native of Wolverhampton, so I've definitely been around people speaking Chavlish but have been blessed not to get that accent. I've got the Black Country one, not the Birmingham one. Or, if you are a resident of Birmingham, Brummingum.

Bloody hell. People wonder why a substantial amount of today's youth cannot find work in England. When they speak like that you start to realize why. If the government wanted to get them into work they should just break their accents, sharpish.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:55 am
Profile WWW

I don't mind off topic conversation between players in Infidi, I just haven't been responsive to it from all the stuff I'm trying to do that isn't RtD.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:05 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

im making a thread and i wanted to know if this was too controversial of an idea for the FG mods

Quote:
Use one word to describe yourself and the above poster.
Avoid using words that have already been used.
Use words that make sense based on context.

Please put the word describing the above poster first, then yours.

Example:
Quote:
[the above poster is] Cool

[i am] Lazy

The words in the brackets are not needed.

Do not dispute words you disagree with in this thread with the one who posted them. If you're really offended, take it to PMs. This is a place for people to express their opinions and do some self-reflection. Not a place for you to get angry at someone for saying something you didn't ask for.
Please refrain from straying from the topic. Idle talk is discouraged, but as long as you also play the game, that's fine I guess.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:10 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

So, you hear about them mobile frames whose sum are zero?

Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:57 am
Loose Canon

Miggles wrote:
im making a thread and i wanted to know if this was too controversial of an idea for the FG mods

Quote:
Use one word to describe yourself and the above poster.
Avoid using words that have already been used.
Use words that make sense based on context.

Please put the word describing the above poster first, then yours.

Example:
Quote:
[the above poster is] Cool

[i am] Lazy

The words in the brackets are not needed.

Do not dispute words you disagree with in this thread with the one who posted them. If you're really offended, take it to PMs. This is a place for people to express their opinions and do some self-reflection. Not a place for you to get angry at someone for saying something you didn't ask for.
Please refrain from straying from the topic. Idle talk is discouraged, but as long as you also play the game, that's fine I guess.

Late, but go nuts.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:45 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I tihnk the same five people will just use it as a mindless count stuffer.

Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:12 am

Russian

lynx-lover

ad infinitum until the whole forum melts.

Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:37 pm

Getting back on the roll train, choo choo

Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:20 am

Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 267 - 17)
cave cricket i never understaned what this form was

Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:15 am

Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 267 - 18)
Go in the Forum Games lounge to talk about this forum, not a game thread.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:17 am

Post Re: Roll to Dodge - Infidium (Roll 267 - 18)
yes sir! :D

Ker-moved.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:20 am

Was recently reading up on RPG's with interesting/complicated mechanics and stumbled upon FATAL.(Or F.A.T.A.L. it's creator isn't sure either.)

According to the infamous review by RPG.net this is by far the worst system ever made and probably an even worse rape of the English language than the one haloman has recently been unleashing on it.(I am fully aware that this sentence too is inappropriately touching English.)

The review is far too long to read in one sitting and gets a bit boring after the tenth mentioning of how terribly misogynistic the game is.
What is worthy of your attention is the post the creator and one of his buddies/playtesters/cellmates made on the RPG.net forums.

Unlike anything else this should give you an idea of how retarded, by lack of better word, Byron Hall is. I've put a few hilarious quotes below in case this post is still tl;dr for you.

Quote:
Review: While we're on it, if you can queue up "Optimistic", by Radiohead, you'll have a good idea of how the both of us feel right now.
Burnout: I'm unfamiliar with that song. I prefer to listen to much more musically-complicated bands and artists.

Quote:
Review: Maybe there's some subculture that's into this; judging from the FATAL theme song, which sounds like the Cookie Monster chasing a drum kit being pushed down a flight of stairs, I'd guess thrash metal or speed metal or metal metal or whatever the ♥♥♥♥ they call it nowadays.
Hall: The Cookie Monster is cool! They call that death metal.
Burnout: From what I know about the FATAL theme, it was done very quickly and probably should be redone in a better studio version. But I definitely agree that death metal is some of the best music out nowadays.

Quote:
Review: 0.2 hours: Composing the FATAL theme while still disoriented from the paint huffing.
Hall: It's a moot point, but I don't consider the FATAL theme to be an outstanding musical work. It was not written with that intention. Instead, it was written with a commerical[#IKnowHowToEnglish] intent, which automatically sacrifices musicality. Just the same, it serves its purpose well, until something better comes along.[I'm fairly sure you were huffing paint while writing this though...]

This was just the tip of the iceberg here, there are many MANY cases where Hall and his comically named compatriot take an argument out of context and then childishly respond with the very worst kind of rhetoric.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:37 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Ah, FATAL. We meet again.

Make a d100 roll for Seraph racial trait.

Did I use that right?

Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Roll for anal circumference.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:35 pm
Profile WWW

Heh. I remember stumbling across something to do with this on the Bay12 forums and laughing my head off at some of the abilities, like the sonic farting or whatever. That was hilarious.

Honestly though, I don't know what to think when someone comes up with a whole ruleset revolving around raping your opponents. That's just a teensy bit disturbing to me.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 729 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 49  Next