View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Updating a mod to B30 

Post Updating a mod to B30
So I've updated to the closed test build (Which afaik is considered B30?) and I just have one question:

If I update to this build, what has changed since 1.05? Like, as far as the ini's are concerned, what should I be aware of that has changed and how much would I have to update?

The last change I made to my mod I had a release candidate ready but I've just been waiting in case huge changes were made. So with that said, should I wait for or should I just get the RC out (of course, after I update it if it needs to be)?

Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:01 pm

Post Re: Updating a mod to B30
See this thread for most major updates and changes.

Some of the changes that you should take to account when updating your mod for B30 though are the new AI and equipment pricing. The new squad AI is located in Base.rte/Scripts now, you should redirect all of the non-craft AI there. As far as prices go, most weapons are now under 200 oz gold, actors more or less over 100 oz, and most mobile craft over 200.

Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:02 pm

4zK wrote:
The new squad AI is located in Base.rte/Scripts now

Hm? The AI still uses
Code:
   ScriptPath = Base.rte/Actors/AI/HumanAI.lua

for AI.

I'm actually surprised the game ran at all when I directed it to Scripts/
(I wasn't able to use squad mechanics though without switching back to Base.rte/Actors/AI/HumanAI.lua though)

Edit: Eh.. maybe I'll just update the mod to the release candidate version I had and wait for the official B30 release.

Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:17 pm

Apparently it does use the old directory. Huh. The new AI was first in the scripts folder, it must've reverted back at some point.

I've been using the other AI in my mod though, but I'm not experiencing any errors.

Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:53 pm

4zK wrote:
Apparently it does use the old directory. Huh. The new AI was first in the scripts folder, it must've reverted back at some point.

I've been using the other AI in my mod though, but I'm not experiencing any errors.

Maybe it was reverted just recently. I had 2 1.5mb downloads for CC on steam recently and there was no news post on why.. so..

Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]