View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Looking for help with my upcoming mod... thats the Request! 

Post Re: Looking for help with my upcoming mod... thats the Request!
its that or make some basic sprites then get someone to script everything release it and just start working on refining the sprites after release.

Wed May 21, 2014 12:16 am

The thing is, the weapons and modules are going to be THE QUICKEST THING TO COMPLETE 100%...
Its a Glass (dummy based) robot with a TOUGH metal suit of armour around it, as that is how they are described as in the game, a suit of armour held together by gears, cogs and source, the blue-ish flame that powers the robots.
All the weapons need is a nastily powerful flame effect (balanced of course) and a bronze/brass module and system design and this mod is done...

Thank you for your suggestions, but I am simply worried that this unit design is rather complicated. I would rather get myself annoyed that anyone else on the forum, even the Trolls who deserve it....

Wed May 21, 2014 3:56 pm

but the thing is, that i only want to update the mod so more people can fully enjoy it, rather than it is broken (IE, stuff for void wanderers, unmapped lands, several independent activities and scenarios rather than a brutal overhaul to fix all of the bugs)
I know i am chucking too much on myself to do this, but I'd rather spend any time i will eventually have in UNI' on this, than rush it and be forgotten on this forum by next season.
I hope you don't mind... :(

Wed May 21, 2014 4:01 pm

I think I need to place down a Mod plan...
This will be a COMPLETE tech, basically meaning Units, tools, guns, bombs, craft, Modules and systems. These will follow a Steam-Punk style with gears and cogs but mainly around a powerful energy source, call (LOL) source, which is a light blue flame.

There will be 10 types of Clockworks, each which a unique combat style. the "ghost" will be the hardest and LAST clockwork type. if you want to help, then look here http://locksquest.wikia.com/wiki/Clockwork, and work around that.

The thing is, that we need a weak GLASS body for these robots (using the dummy templates may be advisable), their game look will come from their armour which will resist any damage sent their way.

Unlike other modules, i am thinking of a completely metal bass design, yet it is slightly thinner than normal bunkers, because it deflects a lot of fire (except bunker wrecking bombs)

If you haven't guessed from the WIKI page I URLed, then is a themed mod. I was just playing it at one point, and decided that cortex command needed a new mod... that and i wanted to commit something... :oops:

If any of you want to help, post here, or PM me any thing you find. I am still working on the first Clockwork, so when that's done, you can get the idea, and inform me of any problems you find that I COULD miss in my version of the game.

I thank you in advance for any and ALL help you can give...

Attachments:
File comment: An idea for the "Clockwork empire"'s tech logo
ModuleIcon.bmp [1.59 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Thu May 22, 2014 4:16 pm

maybe to help us help you.. list everything your mod will have and if you can supply concept or reference to each unit, structure and device.

Fri May 23, 2014 12:34 pm

you... did notice the WIKI link?
anyway,I mentioned it all in the last post... the only thing i can't put down are the weapons and crafts, as the DS game didn't have guns.
Thanks for showing an interest!

Fri May 23, 2014 1:24 pm

Not a problem.

Just grab this from wiki as a list of possible units.

obviously things like the shielder will be separate a weapon and the burrower probably a miner, magician ability will have to be unique to that unit and cannot be something that is drop or sold.

Fri May 23, 2014 2:15 pm

Notice any real problems?
The phantom is gonna be a B*tch to code.
I am also having the bronze (basic) as police, so pistols and light target weaponry,
the Silver (mark 2s) will be the PROPER soldiers, so rifles and other two handed weapons. loud and brutal.
The blue (Elites) are going to be spec ops, so their weapons will own several heavy coalitions in several seconds.
Hey... would you mind putting the clockworks together? as in code?
That will save me time NO END... if you know how to do it...

Fri May 23, 2014 7:10 pm

TROOP LIST:
Clockwork soldier- Basic infantry, expendable and relativity fragile. side-arms, rifles and carbines make them the bread and butter of any clockwork army. especially lethal in squads of 4-6. Body base price: 50oz. Weapon base price: 60oz

Clockwork Hunters (archers)- tact and delicacy is not a soldier's prime ability, so hunters are handed revolvers, snipers, and anti material rifles to put a plucky hero or Rambo down before they start damaging things! Although, thanks to their nigh non existent armour, they usually end up broken in direct fire fights. Body Base price: 65oz
Weapom base price: 70oz

Clockwork Knights- sometimes a pesky outpost or bunker can stop a legion in their tracks... so knights are sent in.
Heavier, tougher units that excel in the melee hell that is close quarter combat. Backed by Paladins giving support fire, two or three can use their sawn-offs/shotguns/combat shotguns to clean out a bunker without any real backup. sadly for their enemies, they rarely go in without several soldiers, brutes, hunters and paladins tagging along. shame about that new brain case you brought! Body base price: 80oz Weapon base price: 90oz

Clockwork Brute- Once used as a battering ram, these robots still excel in devastation (destruction is SO last Model generation) and usually equip themselves with grenade launchers. one handed, two handed revolver and rocket launchers. heavier (than even the knight, though only slightly) armour was only added to make 'hiccups' with the source missile containment field less... lethal to the user. Base body price: 90oz Weapon base price: 120oz

Clockwork Paladin- Once referred to as "shielders" paladins utilize heavy shield and a suppressive automatic weapon to draw attention (and fire power) away from their comrades. their armour is a mix between the strength of the knight's, to the lightness of the soldier's, though less margin of each, as their shields usually take all incoming lead traffic from them. Body base price: 85oz Weapon base price: 95oz

Clockwork Mage- They have come along way from just throwing rocks, slabs of concrete and anvils on top of you...
They (each and every fe*king one of them) have a wide and varied array of spells, from shields to building to fire/ice/lighting to even temporary MIND Control... though that thankfully only lasts for 4 seconds... Body base price: 90oz. Extra spell base price: 110oz

Clockwork healer- you may say name says it all. they can fight, but they only light (yet large) blasts of air to push enemies away. their true value appears if they travel with any clockwork except the phantom, Mages and other healers.
They don't just heal! they can also repair/jam enemy guns/increase the effective use of the clockwork armour!
Body base price: 120oz (no extra spells)

Clockwork flyer- Think a airborne, mobile LMG/MMG/HMG turret, then give it heavy armour and a nasty 'sense of humour'. The flyer is a lethal tool of oppression, fear and down right brutality. their machine guns rarely miss their target. while the spread might give you a few seconds, the sheer volume and strength of these projectiles mean that popping you clone's head outta cover is just going to cost you around 100oz+ (for the clone) the only advantage for your clones is that it is REALLY slow at moving. Body base price: 180oz Rocket (grenades) base price: 80oz

Clockwork Burrower- when any self respecting 'human' brain (or rassitive, imperial, Empirial, imperium or otherwise brain) looks upon the Burrower as thinks "miner'... close but no gold vein, my comrade.
They DO mine, but their true value is their SMG and source charges... yes they are SAPPERS. Many a enemy would of held up legions for years, decades and, with the 'Confederate of Independent systems' centuries. Sappers cut those times down to months, weeks, days, hours, MINUTES... Never underestimate the Burrowers, and ALWAYS have a squad trace the clockwork's steps to his entry point... Before you have a platoon of soldiers wrecking your bunker up!
Body base price: 80oz Weapon base Price: 120

Clockwork Phantoms- You can barely see them, yet they can see you. You can barely tickle them, yet they can slaughter you. You can hide in your bunkers, yet it will shred its way into the base. Phantoms are, even to a space marine, a truly terrifying foe. The only thing that is Corporeal about them is a amoured container of PURE source... yet hitting this fragile nova is no mean feat when they can hardly be seen unless they get too close. thank any deity you like that they are only less rare than the twisted generals that order their use! Body base Price: 350oz

Hope you like this list....
the Silver and blue legions will have cost multipliers (silver X 1.5, Blue X 2),
and i STILL need to design the general's back story. they will be brains with powerful armour and weapons. Also, the humaniod, Emperor Agonius still needs a back story... "yet a ape should always lead an ape"...
>:)

Fri May 23, 2014 8:02 pm

Also thiniing about a Unique type of clockwork 'imperial Guard', called the sentinels.
Likely an angel inspired unit... that or a daemon inspired design, considering

Fri May 23, 2014 8:04 pm

OK, first of all, apologies for taking so long: I have been caught up doing routine stuff, and havent had the time to do jack, and will only begin building the bronze soldier gun... this will become a 'little' more serious now.
second of all, I REALLY REGRET THAT SENTENCE AT THE END OF THE SECOND LAST POST OF MINE. so, erm, sorry.
it is basically saying that a soldier should lead soldiers, a human with humans. so a clockwork with clockworks.
so now, lets do this for real.

But, i still some ideas once this source pistol is completed... and the source pistol won't be completed without LUA.

THIS MOD ISN'T DEAD YET!

Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:53 pm

Also, does anyone ACTUALLY know how to create a gear or cog with PIXELS... cause i sure can't figure it out!
thanks on advance

Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:23 pm

sooo, this is the first chassis, and half assed clip.
want to put this up, but i am beginning to get a novice's grasp on modding this game. it will still take a WHILE!

Attachments:
File comment: hope this is acceptable...
BronzeSourcePistolA001.bmp [1.23 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
File comment: don't mind if you hate this: I do too. but it's a start.
Bronze Pistol Mag.bmp [1.07 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2