View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Techion Brain Mech 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Techion Brain Mech
(To put it into words that you can understand: THE CONTENT DEV TEAM ARE MADE UP THE MASTER RACE, EACH HAS 300 CONFIRMED KILLS; THEy CAN MOD WITH SUCH A PRECISION THAT IS NOT SEEN ON THIS EARTH)

For the most part, you shouldn't be projecting yourself onto the drl dev team; they are a competent, and nice bunch, and I won't let you hear the end of it if you ruin my boys' day.
Regardless of being on the team, they are more a part of the modding community, let alone the community, than you are, and the core dev team.

Sun May 25, 2014 4:53 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Sims_Doc wrote:
thats not really community since they are on the team now, i was trying to imply that ask contributors to the modding section for usage of sprites, code and such..

What it boils down to is that there are possible legal issues with implementing mods from the community directly into the game. If somebody makes content to put in the game, they'll have to sign a contract stating that it belongs to Data Realms LLC. Setting all that up is kind of a pain, so Data generally looks for people who would be willing to contribute more than once and just adds them to the team. It really is exactly what you're describing, but pared down to a smaller group of people for the sake of keeping things clean (plus it's a lot easier to communicate and organize work with, say, 5 people rather than 25).

Quote:
didn't numgun leave and take all his awesome mods with him?

He took down links to some (most?) of them, but most of them have been reposted. Unless you mean the stuff in the main game, in which case he actually didn't take anything with him.

Sun May 25, 2014 7:32 am
Profile WWW

TheLastBanana wrote:
Sims_Doc wrote:
thats not really community since they are on the team now, i was trying to imply that ask contributors to the modding section for usage of sprites, code and such..

What it boils down to is that there are possible legal issues with implementing mods from the community directly into the game. If somebody makes content to put in the game, they'll have to sign a contract stating that it belongs to Data Realms LLC. Setting all that up is kind of a pain, so Data generally looks for people who would be willing to contribute more than once and just adds them to the team. It really is exactly what you're describing, but pared down to a smaller group of people for the sake of keeping things clean (plus it's a lot easier to communicate and organize work with, say, 5 people rather than 25).

correct me if i'm wrong but people are able to allow usage or even sell but are able keep their intellectual rights and as a result they can allow multiplier parties to use one thing, but that might be just something here..

Sun May 25, 2014 8:35 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Right, but to prove that you signed away those rights, you need some paperwork, which usually involves bringing in a lawyer.

Sun May 25, 2014 9:10 pm
Profile WWW

but look at the brain mech in this image Image

Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Haloboy has a point, I guess factions have a "light" or normal brainbot and some have the heavy version.

Sun May 25, 2014 11:40 pm

haloman wrote:
but look at the brain mech in this image Image

that's more of a robot and i guess the dropship is techion rather than base.. i

Mon May 26, 2014 2:34 am

yea maby wee should do a technon expanshon vannila mod

Mon May 26, 2014 2:47 am

haloman wrote:
yea maby wee should do a technon expanshon vannila mod

might as well do everything but even then, if i was to make a mod it would probably be dummy related and probably already in the works.

Mon May 26, 2014 4:44 pm

Open up Techion.rte/Actors/Whitebot/Whitebot.ini and paste this code to the end of the file:

Code:
AddActor = AHuman
   CopyOf = Whitebot
   PresetName = White Brainbot
   Description = Brain case mounted on a versatile Techion Whitebot. This body allows the Brain unit to move around freely while commanding units, but it can by no means survive on its own without good protection.
   AddToGroup = Brains
   Head = Attachable
      CopyOf = Brainbot Head A
      ParentOffset = Vector
         X = -1
         Y = -8

Congratulations, you've just made the brainbot in that screenshot.

On the matter of the dropship: I've always found it strange that the base rockets have a blue and metal color sceme, while the dropship has an orange and metal color scheme. You'd think tradestar would paint its vehicles in the same color sceme.

Mon May 26, 2014 5:06 pm

that's why i begun to resprite stuff that didn't match but when i got to the dropship i wasn't sure if i should.

Tue May 27, 2014 3:26 am

It would be really cool to see those in B30, fits into the game perfectly. I have always wondered where are those mechs. Been watching Datarealm's art...

Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:46 pm

Yes, this techion mech need to be addead again!!!

Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:30 pm

Soon...

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:59 pm

Ok, soonish. I was hoping to get this done last week, and then this weekend, and then today, but RL keeps interfering. For anyone confused, this is the mod that sim doc linked to in his first post in this thread that was never finished, I managed to fix the problems with the arms, gave it some new techion style weapons, and now all that's left is redoing all the wounds and adding gibs.

Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next