View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Quantum Release V1.2 for B31 

Quantum Release V1.2 for B31
First submission, and so far my experience with the forum interface hasn't been a magical one, so please excuse my hair thin patience in rewriting this.

The world of Quantum is a science fiction one in which a large war has broke out between the expanded planets settled by mankind
and those of the machines. Large losses and disagreements have fragmented armies and approaches used by man to fight the machines,
but the machines remain unified and unrelenting. The CC adaptation features 3 human militias and the machine factions, and the
machines are by far the most powerful. Play these in any mix you want, vs who you want, as who you want. I generall do "All"
factions as a combination of the 3 human techs vs Nuts! covenant AI with infinite money inbetween, for truely epic battles.

Unconventional mod alert: This mod is extremely OP compared to vanilla. Only play as vanilla if you want one HECK of a challenge, but otherwise challenge can be gained by vsing machines. Moreover, most of the art style is intentionally designed to be cartoony, meaning "shading" is not the conventional checkerboarding and similar patterns, but a smooth pattern with specific shifts in tone for entire sections. Not really CC matching, but I'd be lying if I said it isn't just how I enjoy looking at my own works across many mediums... You were warned.

Includes 4 factions, here are some quick pastings about them:

As of V1.2, here's some universe background I have been a real holdout for not giving along with the mod.

EDIT: Now updated to V1.1. What's changed? Shotguns.

List of V1.2 changes:

EDIT: Now updated to V1.3, because net improvements.

List of V1.3 changes:

Attachments:
File comment: QuantumPack V1.3 for CC B31!
QuantumPack v1.3.zip [956.97 KiB]
Downloaded 1449 times

Last edited by WCCC on Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:41 am, edited 6 times in total.

Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:07 am
happy carebear mom

Post Re: Quantum Release for B30
Yeah, be careful with that login, if you don't want to lose something write it offline and then copy/paste it.

Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:35 am

I like these techs, especially the "Ferris Corp" is favorable design if polished in shading

My mod ACTA couldn't handled against by the Covenant though except ACTA's OP super-weapons and Psychic Variants (W.I.P.)

Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:32 am

Yeah. I copied whole post to clipboard and saved a draft on my profile for the 2nd, in case it was a persistent issue.

My advice for vsing covenant: Play on infinite money. I've never seen the AI run out of cash to date, and have experimented with skirmish defense only to find that they don't. To balance this, I usually set difficulty up to nuts and dig in with ambushes, well organized teams, constant reinforcements, and excellent micromanagament. I must admit that in mid-flight I am a surprisingly good shot. Heavy weaponry like RPG, RPC, remote GL, etc, all key along with snipers and using terrain in your favor. Those carbines love ripping people's heads off at good range... the AI's quick and excellent aim combined with robots' durable design and high precision weaponry is a lovely marriage of rolling armageddon. Glad to see people are getting a bit of a kick out of this.

Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:20 am

Well I meant is, your techs are good sprited even without shading

and the part is, using a Dummy's Impulse Cannon it is only effective though. Except when you use ACTA or other 3 of my mods can be useful though except has they're own disadvantages

With disadvantages of the techs is makes it difference and unique to each other..

When you using the super-weapons of one of other's tech can be useful in one hit though like Psyclone's Wormhole Emitter, and other thing

Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:34 am

Just uploaded version 1.1 with a massive overhaul for shotguns. Since changing to emitters I had to restructure how pellet spreads are assumed, and this round I just utilized an epiphany to straighten them out perfectly and rebalance them a bit. They are now incredibly powerful, but not nearly as deadly at longer ranges.

On a side note: All weapons and actors, excluding goons and crawling terrors, are shaded. It may not be very discernable between my inexperience with super small pixel art and shading, limited 256 color palette choices and a couple of other factors. Their shading is poor, in many cases, but if you've ever seen unshaded weapon sprites in CC you'd see that especially those made of shades of gray disappear into the background regularly, a feature not shared by Quantum's weapons. A mini mod I did before Quantum didn't have shaded weapons or detaching magazines, and those are 2 points I've made a persistent effort to not repeat.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:35 am

Post Re: Quantum Release V1.1 for B30
Like Silent said, this mod has a nice potential, but you really need to brush up the graphics. The style of the units itself looks good, but without some touch-ups, they look like they were done in MS Paint.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:07 am

I really like the "old style" of this mod, I love to play with "paint style" soldiers.

So you did a really good job.

But I would like to see more personality in every faction, because they look very similar to each other, by the way, again good job!

Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:23 pm

Just updated to B31 with some new rebalancing and items to boot! Bumping but once for people's potential enjoyment.

Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]