View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Simo Häyhä Actor 

Post Simo Häyhä Actor
This is a fairly straightforward request, it would be awesome to have a custom actor of Simo Häyhä, possibly the best sniper in military history, for my own personal use. His rifle (Visually identical to an unscoped mosin-nagant, I believe.) would be an amazing bonus as well, but is not an essential part of this request. Here's a picture, if you need one. I admit to knowing almost nothing about how these things work, but essentially he would be an unarmored actor with a ludicrous vision range (Not sure if this is actually a trait of the actor or the weapon itself, honestly) and dressed all in white snow gear. I doubt this is a feature, but making him harder to be detected by the AI would also be neat.

Unfortunately I have nothing to offer you but my gratitude, but I hope that you decide to take up my request anyway.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:03 am

Post Re: Simo Häyhä Actor

This sounds very doable, and I'm willing to make it fairly balanced, too. It'll be fairly stylized to fit the CC universe, with strong references and some exaggerated features.

Your request is just enough simple and interesting for me to get interested in. For once there's a request that is totally readable and doesn't ask for ridiculous amounts of content.

Fairly related; one of the recently added features is adding actors to a "Snipers" group, which makes the actor's AI attack other units more easily from longer ranges.

EDIT: How does this sound; The M/28 "Spitz" is an unique bolt-action rifle, that has to have the rounds loaded individually. To a normal unit, the iron sights offer the aiming distance slightly less than the Ronin M1 Garand, but in the hands of the "White Death", however, the aiming distance is tripled when crouched.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:11 pm

Wow, I honestly hadn't expected anyone to reply so quickly. Thanks.

And I like the idea with the rifle, though since crouching tends to have... unpredictable effects I'm a bit dubious about the requirement to crouch.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:24 pm

Oh, I'm just really good at procrastinating.

The crouching is just to spice things up and give it a proper use. At the moment, "White Death" gets 3x aim distance with the rifle, with a 30% fire rate penalty. He looks rather more like a winter ninja warrior, but hopefully you'll like it anyway.

I'll upload the finished product soon.

EDIT: Posted in Minor Mod Dump.

So uh... what do you think

Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]