View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Update Mod 

Post Update Mod
I personally love General Industries. Just everything about it is amazing. I would love it if someone could update it to build 30 and possible make it Void Wanderers compatible.

Thanks!

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=29673

Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:49 pm

Post Re: Update Mod
Do you know any specific part that might need to be fixed?

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:52 am

grave accent wrote:
Do you know any specific part that might need to be fixed?

I'm not completely sure. I was always unable to get it to work with VW though and that's the main thing I want to be fixed

EDIT

I'm a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥... I think the problem is it didn't have a loadouts.ini. I'm gonna start working on it and maybe upload it to the workshop.

(All credits to our lord Kettenkrad of course)

EDIT AGAIN

I can't seem to figure out how to setup a loadouts.ini with this faction. I had almost no trouble at all with The Order. But I can't seem to find where the actors are. (Mercenary, Point Man, ect) Only Heavy Soldier and Soldier.

Help?

Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:56 pm

Because they're defined off the Soldier/Heavy Soldier base type. Just keep scrolling through Soldier.ini and you'll find the definition for Mercenary, Point Man, etc.

Kettenkrad did the reasonably-smart-thing and defined a basetype, then did copyofs with redefinitions of the core parts (different head, etc.). Makes balancing and tweaking much easier than updating 6+ individual actor entries.

Keep in mind that GI actors come pre-equipped with two+ weapons. They're redefined in Shoplist.ini which is where the weapons are added.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:03 pm
Profile YIM

Arcalane wrote:
Because they're defined off the Soldier/Heavy Soldier base type. Just keep scrolling through Soldier.ini and you'll find the definition for Mercenary, Point Man, etc.

Kettenkrad did the reasonably-smart-thing and defined a basetype, then did copyofs with redefinitions of the core parts (different head, etc.). Makes balancing and tweaking much easier than updating 6+ individual actor entries.

Keep in mind that GI actors come pre-equipped with two+ weapons. They're redefined in Shoplist.ini which is where the weapons are added.

Could you help me with this please Arcalane? I is confuse.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:24 am

What is there to be confused about, exactly? Just set it up like a normal Loadouts file using the usual actor names and only give them 'extra' items since they start with guns by default.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:19 pm
Profile YIM

Arcalane wrote:
What is there to be confused about, exactly? Just set it up like a normal Loadouts file using the usual actor names and only give them 'extra' items since they start with guns by default.

I'm still new to all of this is all. Could you finish it for me please?

Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:08 pm

In a word; no. Not to sound like an ass but I have my hands full as-is. I just don't have the time free to work on it.

I will explain this simply;
  1. All of the actors are already cleanly defined just like any other actor. All you need to do is use the right name, which can be found in the Shoplist.ini file.
  2. When making the loadout, equip actors with only tools such as diggers, because they come with weapons already.
  3. Save the loadout and test it out to make sure it works ingame.

You have done all of the steps of this process before since you made one for the Order? there is absolutely nothing new to it beyond some minor observances for how the base faction works. Slow down, take time to read and make sense of what I'm saying. If you don't understand then I or someone else can try to explain it more simply.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:33 am
Profile YIM

Arcalane wrote:
In a word; no. Not to sound like an ass but I have my hands full as-is. I just don't have the time free to work on it.

I will explain this simply;
  1. All of the actors are already cleanly defined just like any other actor. All you need to do is use the right name, which can be found in the Shoplist.ini file.
  2. When making the loadout, equip actors with only tools such as diggers, because they come with weapons already.
  3. Save the loadout and test it out to make sure it works ingame.

You have done all of the steps of this process before since you made one for the Order? there is absolutely nothing new to it beyond some minor observances for how the base faction works. Slow down, take time to read and make sense of what I'm saying. If you don't understand then I or someone else can try to explain it more simply.

So I modified the actors to not have weapons by default but I'm confused about what I put for the actor though.

This is what I'm currently trying but I'm not sure if this is correct.

AddLoadout = Loadout
PresetName = Default
DeliveryCraft = ACRocket
PresetName = Base.rte/Rocket MK1
AddCargoItem = AHuman
PresetName = Generalindustries.rte/Mercenary
AddCargoItem = HDFirearm
PresetName = Generalindustries.rte/HK416
AddCargoItem = HDFirearm
PresetName = Generalindustries.rte/G17C

Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:41 pm

That should be correct, yes.

Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:05 am
Profile YIM

Arcalane wrote:
That should be correct, yes.

Alright I finished it awhile ago and everything looks good. Thanks for the help Arcalane!

Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]