View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8050 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 529, 530, 531, 532, 533, 534, 535 ... 537  Next
 Art Dump 

Post Re: Art Dump
P cool, CC. Is it like a bear/skunk pelt or something?

I hope this isn't one of those paintings where, if I guess wrong, I'm revealed as a pedophile or something.

Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:35 am

It's a closeup of a moth.

Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:31 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Contrary wrote:
I hope this isn't one of those paintings where, if I guess wrong, I'm revealed as a pedophile or something.

what?

Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:25 am
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

He's referring to the Rorschach test, which is of questionable efficacy at diagnosing anything.

Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:33 pm
Loose Canon

Best Rorschach test ever.

Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:30 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Like, I saw all of them.

Am I gonna die??

Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:21 am
Loose Canon

Eventually, yeah.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:33 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Duh102 wrote:
He's referring to the Rorschach test, which is of questionable efficacy at diagnosing anything.

oh i know what those are
i just didnt realize thats what he was talking about

Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:24 am
Profile WWW

Been doing this for a while now

Edit:

Latest (Don't like it very much)

Some older projects

Last edited by MaximDude on Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:38 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

♥♥♥♥ gorgeous! Are those for personal use, or would you sell some? And how long did they take to make? They look pretty detailed and very professional.

Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:30 pm

Asklar wrote:
♥♥♥♥ gorgeous! Are those for personal use, or would you sell some? And how long did they take to make? They look pretty detailed and very professional.

Thanks.

The time it takes to make one depends on whether the guitar comes with a ready finish or not (DIY kits).
I use sanding paper to remove the original finish manually, so that takes from 7-10 hours if the finish isn't like a half millimeter thick, if it is then it takes like 15 hours and my hands become all sore and if isn't fun at all.
Don't ask why I don't use power tools, they don't give the same result so I rarely use them.
After that I do more sanding to fix any weird curves in the wood if there are any, depending whether i'm working on a once finished guitar or a chunk of wood that wasn't coated in anything.
When working with guitars that were finished, I usually don't sand away the primer coat that is under the paint so it's easier for me to draw on and gives a much better result.

The time spent on drawing varies depending on the drawing itself, but the process is lengthy since I first draw in pencil, then do the lines, then erase, fill and spray the first layer of clear coat.
Different layers of clear coat produce different results and textures and drying can take up to a day.
After that I draw the whole thing again to fix any imperfections and give the black paint that solid look, then another layer of clear coat.
Everything is drawn using various pens and permanent markers.
After that the neck and body lay around for a couple of days to dry.
Last step is assembly.
Since I mostly work with old cheap banged up guitars, I replace most (sometimes all) of the original hardware.
I also do some tinkering with the pickups and electronics, replacing magnets and pots to better quality ones.

The whole process from stock guitar to finished result takes between 30-50 hours of active work (if counting the hang-to-dry time it can take up to a week) but can stretch over months due to lack of will to get off my ass.

All of these were first made for personal use, but now I hoarded a total of 9 guitars (6 of them that got these overhauls) and I don't have enough room to store them all, so some of them are available for purchase on my Etsy store right here.
If interested, prices can be negotiated.

Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:57 pm

I don't even know.

Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:10 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Some sketches (top) and studies (the rest) from the past weeks.
Featuring tommy the TOW missile

Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:00 am

i have not posted here in awhile as ive been pretty consumed with other things lately.. but have something i drew for a project friends and i are working on! she or he is gonna be the mascot for our site, which is still under development. once the site is considered 'finished' and the community is more active, we will have the userbase submit and vote on a name for our mascot :) fun!

our goals are to be a community of innovative people who enjoy collaborating on projects, or just hanging out and enjoying ourselves. many of us have interests such as television, anime/manga, movies, video games, music, computer science and web design, and art so theres a little bit of something for everyone! you can join us here: http://zerozaku.com. again it's heavily under construction, we have many BIG EXCITING changes planned but have all been rather occupied with daily life. for now, as a special treat just for people on drlff, PM me and ill give you the link to our IRC channel, which is also still in development and invite only.

to close this post, i dont know how much more art ill be posting here since i am focusing most of my attention to ZZ now. however i finally caved and created an art blog since i prefer it to a settings like dA and FA (for many reasons..), and you can subscribe to my RSS feed here: http://artofraja.weebly.com/

Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:49 pm
happy carebear mom

Mack and Sothe both spoke of that site. I have a feeling it's heavily nostalgia based.

Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8050 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 529, 530, 531, 532, 533, 534, 535 ... 537  Next