View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 8050 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 530, 531, 532, 533, 534, 535, 536, 537  Next
 Art Dump 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Art Dump
Cool stuff Rajani, always like the strong gestures you have in your animals. Two things I noticed, on the walking pose the far hind leg seems stretched just a tad too far compared to the nearest one (although that might just be my imagination tbh), and the knife in the mouth with the cutting edges going into the teeth/gums is probably kinda dangerous. :P
Besides being less cut-inducing I think it'd look more interesting to have the blade laying flat, as you get a more dynamic perspective that way rather than a straight on view. Or you could make the hilt longer so the blade is outside of the mouth, but then you might want to have the blade pointing out to the right to prevent it breaking the silhouette and drawing the eye out from where you want it to look.

Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:56 pm

Duh102 wrote:
Mack and Sothe both spoke of that site. I have a feeling it's heavily nostalgia based.

zerozaku is site that i think is something like five or six years old (i joined around four ago), the community was previously heavily based of programmers and scriptors, particularly those interested in gaiaonline, and is actually the site i met robby/sothe on, so yes there are memories there for some of us. however, the board in its old state was completely wiped and the site is now under new management- it is very unlike the old version of it with even more changes to come. c: the staff feels very strongly about moving the site forward and we have some very skilled and driven developers on our team. i dont expect everyone to match my enthusiasm, but yes, the site (more specifically the community) means an awful lot to me.

Adriaan wrote:
Cool stuff Rajani, always like the strong gestures you have in your animals. Two things I noticed, on the walking pose the far hind leg seems stretched just a tad too far compared to the nearest one (although that might just be my imagination tbh), and the knife in the mouth with the cutting edges going into the teeth/gums is probably kinda dangerous. :P
Besides being less cut-inducing I think it'd look more interesting to have the blade laying flat, as you get a more dynamic perspective that way rather than a straight on view. Or you could make the hilt longer so the blade is outside of the mouth, but then you might want to have the blade pointing out to the right to prevent it breaking the silhouette and drawing the eye out from where you want it to look.

thanks for these awesome tips (and the compliments)!! i agree, especially about laying the knife flat, that would make it look more dynamic, thats a really helpful comment. because this was the concept sheet i was still kind of messing with ideas and kind of wanted to display the knife, but ill keep these ideas in mind for next time because this wont be the last time our cat holds a knife :)

as for the leg on the bottom cat, i think youre right that it may be a tad long, but i dont feel its incredibly far off. cats have really uniquely flexible skeletons and the way the skin stretches over the body can make them seem almost amorphous. i kind of roughly outlined where the bones would be placed here, and i think its fairly marginal: http://i.gyazo.com/05d0ec58e2b86602e5faf7a815eacea4.png though i suspect there are some issues with this pose overall i cant quite put my finger on it.. perhaps the arch in its back is too extreme for its posture?

Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:34 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Np, yeah it looks like it's a little bit too long from your bones indication but it's not a big deal. You could select-drag the end to the left a little and that'd fix it. Same thing with the length of the upper front legs now that I look at it, those seem different in length (joint is lower on the near than far one).

I don't think the back arch is too extreme, it just suggests a slightly hunched forward stance. As it is, hunched forward, tail low and ears turned backwards, he/she seems to be sort of agressively pacing around. If that is the feel you're going for, maybe you're looking to emphasize it more still. I can't really think of how to do that though, don't have much experience on that myself

Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:51 am

SPACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCE

Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:40 pm

Rajani wrote:
Duh102 wrote:
Mack and Sothe both spoke of that site. I have a feeling it's heavily nostalgia based.

zerozaku is site that i think is something like five or six years old (i joined around four ago), the community was previously heavily based of programmers and scriptors, particularly those interested in gaiaonline, and is actually the site i met robby/sothe on, so yes there are memories there for some of us. however, the board in its old state was completely wiped and the site is now under new management- it is very unlike the old version of it with even more changes to come. c: the staff feels very strongly about moving the site forward and we have some very skilled and driven developers on our team. i dont expect everyone to match my enthusiasm, but yes, the site (more specifically the community) means an awful lot to me.

no zerozaku is filled with juggalos and people who only drink keystone light

Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:22 pm

Rajani wrote:
c: the staff feels very strongly about moving the site forward and we have some very skilled and driven developers on our team. i dont expect everyone to match my enthusiasm, but yes, the site (more specifically the community) means an awful lot to me.

Why do you care about it so much. You could have just let it go down like how me and Sothe wanted it to be buried, but I don't think I ever got a personal reason out of you why you wanted it back or why it means so much to you in the first place.

Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:11 am
Profile WWW

freedom wrote:
no zerozaku is filled with juggalos and people who only drink keystone light

this is so true liek omg i cant even haha :-)

Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:19 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

are you being ironic or

Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:36 am
Profile WWW

Miggles wrote:
are you being ironic or

nope! definitely do not join this site if you dont like juggalos and keystone light. x)

Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:54 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

i meant that spot on tumblr speak thing you did

Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:39 pm
Profile WWW

Can you two submit or critique art instead of just chatting? ;_;

Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:48 pm

Unison wrote:

>Joined in 2013
>89 Posts
We're not your things to people watch you sick ♥♥♥♥.

Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:55 pm
Profile WWW

Mackerel wrote:
Unison wrote:

>Joined in 2013
>89 Posts
We're not your things to people watch you sick ♥♥♥♥.

I've played much longer, at least 4 years

Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:06 pm
happy carebear mom

I made an empty lot spritesheet for openttd.
ImageImage

Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:56 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Posting a piece of art from John McCambridge on DA, because it looks incredible.

He's definitely got the expression work down pat, that's for sure :p

I'll probably post one of the polandball comics I've been working on here sometime, I'm not a fan of the polandball subreddit anymore.

Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:18 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8050 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 530, 531, 532, 533, 534, 535, 536, 537  Next