View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Weapon Code Request 

Post Weapon Code Request

So, I've got these little aliens all coded up and nearly ready to go, but I still need code for several of their weapons. I took a stab at making weapons myself but the results were less than spectacular to say the least, so I think I need help from someone with more experience in making guns.

The weapons in question:

From top to bottom, the first 4 are basic guns: pistol, smg, assault rifle and sniper rifle. These are pretty decent already, aside from some offset issues. The other 4 are the ones I'm having real trouble with. I had some ideas for them that I quickly coded, but none of them really worked well or looked right. So at this point I'm open to any ideas and help I can get on them.

So what I need is code for 4 weapons, ammo, weapon and effects code (feel free to edit the 4 basic guns if you want though). I leave it up to you to decide what the guns actually fire and how they work, although you can find my original ideas in the ini files. The main thing is that the guns work properly, fire pretty effects, fit the faction and are somewhat balanced. If you need any sprites for the effects feel free to use base sprites, I can always make some new ones afterwards.

edit: Oops, I forgot the grenades, same thing for them, they need code and effects.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Attachments:
File comment: Note:Stripped down version, only contains the weapons
Ritans.rte.zip [878.58 KiB]
Downloaded 871 times
Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:27 am

Post Re: Weapon Code Request
Hello! I can help you with some of the guns. I will do this tomorrow :grin: (Late at night at my place).

EDIT: Ehhh.... Nothing looks bad here. I think this is looking fine! :)

Last edited by RandomCoderZ on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:25 am

Heh, I totally forgot I posted this back in the day...In any case, the weapons for this mod have been overhauled quite extensively since I posted this, better sprites (god those old sprites are ugly looking back at them), better concept and better execution. In other words, I don't need help on the weapons any more.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:00 pm

Sorry for necroposting (again), but is this mod ever going to be out? The sprites look great.

Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]