View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Coming Soon(ish, maybe) 

Post Coming Soon(ish, maybe)
So remember that Brotherhood of Nod mod I was working on with Major? Well...

...speaks for itself, no?

No ETA/release date just yet. I make no promises!

Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:54 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: Coming Soon(ish, maybe)
Troopers in the field!

Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:46 pm
Profile YIM

OMG :shock: I loved the brotherhood of zod mod and i cant wait to see the finished result of this one

Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:59 pm

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH?!

Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:25 pm

Waiting for Major to get back to me with some gibs so I can code our dropship. In the meantime, this declassified document contains an outline of what to expect.

Please keep in mind that items with italicized titles are not going to be available in the first release.

We had to manufacture the GDI's arsenal almost completely wholesale thanks to the lack of detail in the various games and the distinct lack of in-setting FPS'. There are a few holdovers from the Renegade era, and some other odds and ends inspired by various pieces of concept art or existing weapons. We ended up going through about three different designs for the basic assault rifle, starting with a fairly generic AR before moving on to an antique looking model - which then eventually evolved into the bullpup design we have today. The sniper rifle and LAW likewise went through a couple of iterations each.

Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:28 am
Profile YIM

Typo:
Quote:
The Brotherhood maintains a formidable and sizeable arsenal of weapons, ranging from humble pistols to man-portable multi-purpose missile launchers.

Stuff sounds pretty sweet though, I'm looking forward to it.

Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:14 pm

Whups. That's what I get for making it as a copy of the old Brotherhood doc and not being more thorough. :roll: Fixed. Might take a few minutes to update the published version.

Ed: sidenote; once the public release is out, the Brotherhood will be getting their hands on a stash of AG79s as well.

Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:18 pm
Profile YIM

Official release may be delayed by a further day or three for a last-minute actor addition (mobile brain/officer) for Unmapped Lands/etc. support. Yes, I intend to support UL1/2/VW out of the box as usual. :)

In the meantime, feast your eyes on our custom dropship that I just finished coding up the gibs for;

Yes, I know. I've already fixed the health indicator height.

We ended up using a scrapped concept from Tiberium Wars since all the other dropships would have been a poor fit for Cortex Command - the TW-era V-35 Ox and TS-era Orca Transport were too flat and would have been much less interesting, and the TS-era Orca Dropship was far too large! Instead, we ended up cooking up this baby, the V-20 Bison Transport. Its main strengths are its (relatively) small rotors, high cargo capacity, and good-quality armour, though it has a fairly large and awkward profile compared to the slimmer, sleeker Brotherhood Carryall. At the same time it can fit into narrower areas than the much wider Carryall, so there's potentially some tradeoffs there for maneuvering near structures.

Currently the lower minirotors do nothing except absorb stray bullets, but I may make it so they emit lift particles too for redundancy purposes. We'll see.

Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:33 pm
Profile YIM

Great sprite for it, and surprisingly (since this was from the later cnc stuff) nice design. Looking forward to it.

Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:47 pm

Say it with me now- man-portable ion cannon!

When you absolutely have to annihilate whatever this thing is pointed at, look no further than the Merlin Portable Ion Cannon.

Ironing out some last-minute kinks (gibs/etc.) and then the uploads will commence.

Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:54 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]