View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Important Notes on Build 31 (report bugs and ask here) 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Important Notes on Build 31 (report bugs and ask here)
The MOID limit is now 65535 but for backward compatibility the rte.NoMOID constant is still 255. Whenever you wrote ‘something < rte.NoMOID’ or ‘something < 255’ to test if MO ID is valid, now you must write ‘something ~= rte.NoMOID’ or ‘something ~= 255’ because now we have more MO IDs than 255.

Although the MOID limit is 65535 (and can be easily moved to over 4 billions) you should still control how many MOIDs are present in the simulation or you’ll face the usual performance problems. It’s just breaking the limit does not break the game anymore, but everything else about MOIDs and their performance impact is pretty much the same.

We moved to LuaJIT from Lua which implements Lua 5.1 and might bring some incompatibilities with Lua 5.0 compliant code. I’ve noticed this just once, and it was quite an esoteric problem, but those incompatibilities still exist, I warned you.

CC will do it’s best to avoid switching itself to unsupported video mode, but this still can happen.

You can press Ctrl+W and save the entire scene to BMP. Peeking at this BMP when playing with fog of war is still cheating.

AI skill ‘Unfair’ is really unfair and was intended to be unfair. This is for those who needs just a single dummy with a shovel to win a skirmish defense. If it’s too much for you, just play with normal or weak AI’s.

In Build 31 we introduce a bunch of new entities:

Bunker assembly - is a set of bunker modules, which acts as a single bunker module in the editor.

Bunker assembly scheme – is an object, which is replaced by any corresponding bunker assembly randomly when activity starts. Blue squares indicate passages, red squares can and most probably will be used by bunker modules, orange may be used by bunker modules or stay empty, they must be placed outside of terrain. You can mix bunker modules, assemblies and schemes the way you like.

Metascene – an alternative scene which can be loaded by campaign instead of it’s parent scene. For example we have a scene Vesod Plains and a bunch of metascenes for which Vesod Plains is a parent. When selecting sites, campaign can use Vesod Plains or any of it’s metascenes for an actual scene of the site (dot on the map) named Vesod Plains, and you never know which one is used until you observe the scene yourself. All vanilla metascenes define different layouts for AI-built bunkers while keeping everything else the same, but you can make your metascenes completely different if you want to. Metascenes are hidden from editors unless you set ShowMetscenes=1 in settings.ini.

Global script – a script similar to an activity, which runs with along with every GAScripted activity. Global scripts may change behavior of an activity, ruin balance, bring fun or instability or both, so be careful. Want to spawn a piano and a bunch of laser-sharks in the sky every 10 seconds? You can do this with global script without messing with vanilla activity code.

Currently only campaign uses metascenes, you can simulate this behavior with Lua in your mod for scripted activities if you really want to.

You can extend the campaign experience by adding your own bunker assemblies or metascenes. CC will use player’s assemblies along with vanilla when creating randomized bunker layout.
Global scripts work only with GAScripted activities, and they won’t work in Test or Tutorial activities as those are custom, not GAScripted, activities.

All global scripts must be enabled manually via built-in Mod Manager in order to work. This is intentional to avoid pranks, which may look like bugs for unexperienced players.

There’s a small hook to somewhat extend the campaign experience which allow you to give orders to AI units in metafight instead of default script. You’ll want to use that if you’re 100% sure that you can make AI give better orders to it’s units during metafights (and not break the game while trying to do so). For an example on how to do that refer to Base.rte\Scripts\MetaFightBehaviorExample.lua.

Build 31 Lua Changes
Build 31 INI Changes

Last edited by weegee on Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:39 pm

Post Re: Important Notes on Build 31 (yes, it's here)
THIS IS AMAZING!! I LOVE THIS!! CORTEX COMMAND, which was already my favourite game of alll time, has been further bettered! :D :smile:

Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:20 pm

So, is there more resolution options for more monitors that the old ones don't support in fullscreen?

Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:57 pm

You should be able to set any resolution you want in Settings.ini - I use 1440x768 myself.

Also, couldn't resist replicating part of the gif using Nod Fanatics; http://i.imgur.com/0f36sOR.png :grin:

Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:58 pm
Profile YIM

I have a question: where and what are the new 'deployables' or whatever they are called?

Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:29 pm

Assuming you mean the Assemblies, they'll be accessible during the base-building phase in their own groups, prefixed with "Assemblies". There should be four groups to pick from, varying in size and purpose.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:16 pm
Profile YIM

Arcalane wrote:
Assuming you mean the Assemblies, they'll be accessible during the base-building phase in their own groups, prefixed with "Assemblies". There should be four groups to pick from, varying in size and purpose.

What does the "Assembly-Editor do?

Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:15 pm

It's for designing and assembling assemblies, of course. :???:

Don't ask me exactly how it works though, I have no idea.

Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:25 am
Profile YIM
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Assembly editor is like a scene editor. First you place an assembly scheme, which will show the outlines of the future assembly and assign a type fot this assembly. For example Corridor or whatever. Then you put bunker modules inside this outline and then save. CC will discard any bunker modules outside of this outline.

There are actually even less resolution options, because now it filters incompatible modes more carefully.

Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:25 am

Fullscreen Mode doesn't seem to be working for me. It looks like this and the mouse cursor doesn't show up at all:

Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:51 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Did it work before?

Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:58 am

weegee wrote:
Did it work before?

Actually, not sure -- this might be the first time I've tried CC since switching computers.

Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:45 pm

So like I said on FB, I'm getting a lot of lag from things that would never cause lag before hand. Like destroying a drop ship before build 31 would barely cause any lag, but now it's so bad that it slows the game down to an unplayable rate for at least 5 seconds. Anything similar to a dropship exploding causes the same terrible slowdowns. Even super basic things like shooting a person and having the blood squirt out causes a noticeable slowdown. Want to drop a nuke? Lol. Come back in a few minutes. Want to drop more than one? No you don't, not anymore at least. It has made the game completely unplayable for me. I've tried uninstalling it, and reinstalling. No mods enabled, clean install. Tried at different processor affinities, tried changing CPU/GPU/RAM ghz/mhz and it had no effect. I watched my processor/gpu/ram usage logs and they seem noticeably lower compared to previous builds. For reference, I have a i5 3570k @ 4.0ghz, Asus STRIX GTX 970, 12 gb 1600mhz RAM, 256 850 EVO pro SSD all with (applicable) latest stable drivers. Game running fullscreen at 1920x1080. I really hope there's a fix for this. I wana play :'(

Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:12 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Footkerchief, do you have high-dpi display and if you do, do you use dpi scaling options in windows? If so, CC won't probably work in full-screen mode.

elmfuzzy, can you please start tutorial, press ctrl+p to show performance stats, than take a screenshot with ctrl+s or print screen keys. Then drop some bombs or do whatever needed to cause that heavy lag and during the lag take another screenshot. Then press ~ to display console and take another screenshot. Then show us those screenshots so we could try to figure what's going on. Also try turning off full-screen mode and check if lag is still there.

Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:40 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

elmfuzzy, can you try these two versions of exe and tell me which is laggy and which is not (if any). This will help us to fund the couse of this problem.

With 32 bit MO Layer: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1741337/cortex/SupportTickets/B31SlowDown/MOLayer32Bit/Cortex%20Command.exe
With 8 bit MO Layer: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1741337/cortex/SupportTickets/B31SlowDown/MOLayer8Bit/Cortex%20Command.exe (reaching the MOID limit will break stuff as usual)

Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next