View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Important Notes on Build 31 (report bugs and ask here) 

Post Re: Important Notes on Build 31 (report bugs and ask here)
The restrictiveness on resolution seems to have been increased to an excessive degree. I have a 1600x1200 monitor but the game refuses to run in NxWindowed = 2 while the resolution is set to 800x600.

Further, the game crashes every time it's closed. Dxdiag attached.

Attachments:
DxDiag.txt [36.92 KiB]
Downloaded 743 times
Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:44 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

NikolaiLev, did this configuration work before? I mean you can't actually fit a 1600x1200 window into 1600x1200 screen because of headers, boarders etc. CC will most probably fail to create such window.

Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:07 pm

Post Re: Important Notes on Build 31 (yes, it's here)
weegee wrote:
elmfuzzy, can you try these two versions of exe and tell me which is laggy and which is not (if any). This will help us to fund the couse of this problem.

With 32 bit MO Layer: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1741337/cortex/SupportTickets/B31SlowDown/MOLayer32Bit/Cortex%20Command.exe
With 8 bit MO Layer: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1741337/cortex/SupportTickets/B31SlowDown/MOLayer8Bit/Cortex%20Command.exe (reaching the MOID limit will break stuff as usual)

I had the same problem, and using the 8 bit MO Layer EXE solved the slowdown issue for me.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:43 am

Post Re: Important Notes on Build 31 (yes, it's here)
weegee wrote:
elmfuzzy, can you try these two versions of exe and tell me which is laggy and which is not (if any). This will help us to fund the couse of this problem.

With 32 bit MO Layer: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1741337/cortex/SupportTickets/B31SlowDown/MOLayer32Bit/Cortex%20Command.exe
With 8 bit MO Layer: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1741337/cortex/SupportTickets/B31SlowDown/MOLayer8Bit/Cortex%20Command.exe (reaching the MOID limit will break stuff as usual)

I ran fairly similar scenes for the original EXE, 32 bit MO layer EXE, 8 bit MO layer EXE, and then I ran the original EXE a second time. I found that with both the 8 and 32 bit MO layer EXEs, my frame rates were a lot high all across the board and extremely demanding explosions only took a quarter of the time to complete compared to the original EXE. For example: While running the 32 bit layer EXE, 38k particles were being processed and my FPS was 5 and my MSPF was 208. In the original EXE, only 12k particles were being processed and my FPS was 7 and my MSPF was 138.

Here are links to RARs with the screenshots inside for the 4 sets of screenshots I took.

Original EXE: http://www.mediafire.com/download/dccs2 ... al_EXE.rar
32 bit MO layer EXE: http://www.mediafire.com/download/u30jd ... _layer.rar
8 bit M0 Layer EXE: http://www.mediafire.com/download/k5d2c ... _layer.rar
Original EXE second run: http://www.mediafire.com/download/lbw7s ... nd_run.rar

Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:07 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

elmfuzzy, Magmacow358, thank you very much. Until the steam version is patched you may use 32-bit MO layer version.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:08 am

The "Scene Editor"-tab is kinda bugged. I can only select it when the cursor is exactly above the edge of the tab.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:33 pm

weegee wrote:
NikolaiLev, did this configuration work before? I mean you can't actually fit a 1600x1200 window into 1600x1200 screen because of headers, boarders etc. CC will most probably fail to create such window.

I don't see why the borders can't simply exist offscreen as most other games/applications can manage this.

Ideally I'd like a borderless window at 800x600 scaled to 2x to fill a 1600x1200 display but to my knowledge CC has no support for borderless windowing (though a third party program I use can remove the borders from CC).

As for whether that configuration worked before, I'm not sure. The last time I played CC was when I still had a 1920x1080 display.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:19 pm

weegee, do you know when (or if) those of us who bought the game direct from Data Realms' website will be able to get Build 31? The Dev Log mentioned the Humble Bundle purchase would be up soon but made no mention of the site licenses. When I try to download it from here: http://licensing.datarealms.com/licensing/menu I still get Build 30.

Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:17 am

I asked him back when it first came out. It'll be 'soon' - Data handles that side of things I think.

Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:44 am
Profile YIM

I have a bug where the keyboard stops responding. I am running in fullscreen with an gamepad. At some point (could be part way through a map, Idk) the game stops responding to any keyboard input until I press any button on the numpad (including numlock). I am using a PS/2 keyboard. I experienced this in B30 and maybe earlier. I can't reliably reproduce it.

EDIT: It seems to be caused by hitting the ALT key.

Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:05 am

Fullscreen 1920x1080 and under Game Editors selecting Scene Editor is buggy, directly hovering over the button does not highlight it or allow it to be pressed, can only select it if on the very bottom left of the button or on some edges. I used the Scene Editor quite often in B30 and never remember this happening.

Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:16 pm

So how exactly do I access the bunker randomization stuff? I've been unsuccessfully trying for over half an hour. There are the assemblies things, yes, but they're inaccessible in the construction mode, in area editor, they appear to do nothing whatsoever, in assembly mode all you can do is put stuff inside them, and the assemblies, while placeable are not random whatsoever. They're essentially presets and nothing more. It doesn't seem as if there are any options related to creating or playing random maps either.

I'm using the Steam version on Windows, with no mods.

Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:15 pm

Asmageddon wrote:
So how exactly do I access the bunker randomization stuff? I've been unsuccessfully trying for over half an hour. There are the assemblies things, yes, but they're inaccessible in the construction mode, in area editor, they appear to do nothing whatsoever, in assembly mode all you can do is put stuff inside them, and the assemblies, while placeable are not random whatsoever. They're essentially presets and nothing more. It doesn't seem as if there are any options related to creating or playing random maps either.

I'm using the Steam version on Windows, with no mods.

Hey don't worry I was just as lost as you were until I remembered watching Weegee do just that - I traced it back to this page on the Teaser thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=45795&start=15
The video of him demonstrating it can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVwWJy29oaQ

Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:15 pm

That was rather.... deeply buried. Well, I guess partially randomized bunkers are fun. To tell the truth I was hoping for something even more random than that, but oh well. A bit of a shame that there is no random terrain, though. Anyway, thanks.

EDIT: Okay, I've tested it, let's see.

First off, as a fan of duel arena-style gameplay, I'd quite appreciate the ability to place neutral(without unit deploys spawning, perhaps without doors) schemes.

Second off, some of the bits are quite... confusing. There's by far not enough smaller pieces, and not enough vertical-ish ones, and I think none of both, save for a straight-down tunnel.

Third off, I'm pretty sure that different pieces of the same type spawn different amounts of units, but either way, a unit count tally would be most welcome.

I'm not really sure why I'm counting, but anyway, fourth off, probably a bug, but the schemes don't get spawned when you test the scene.

Well, all in all, good job data, it's a pretty cool feature :)

EDIT 2: On another note, a good while ago I've made some high-ish quality bunker modules, but never really done anything with them. If you like them, could I contribute them to the main game? What about maps? You could use having some more.

Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:35 pm

Why not just publish them in the mod releases & scene releases section? I'm pretty sure the vanilla metagame can pull from enabled custom scenes if they're set up correctly, and obviously players can select them themselves if they want.

Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:28 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next