View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Important Notes on Build 31 (report bugs and ask here) 

Post Re: Important Notes on Build 31 (report bugs and ask here)
Asmageddon wrote:
Well, all in all, good job data, it's a pretty cool feature :)

So based on the context I'm gonna guess you're being sarcastic? I mean it's good to list your complaints and ways of improving but no need to be passive aggressive. The concept works wonderfully and is absolutely functional and enjoyable, and if you want more specific pieces then you can always add custom assemblies yourself as well. A more simple solution is to simply stitch together schemes with regular bunker parts where you need smaller, more specific layouts.
If I have misunderstood and you actually like it then I very much agree! If I am correct though just remember it's only initial release, you can't expect it to be perfect can you? :)

Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:49 pm

I don't think that was sarcasm.

Also, I'm pretty sure the assembly stuff was all done by weegee.

@Asmageddon - For what it's worth, sometime in the distant future, when I'm done with or taking another break from other projects, I plan to finish up a random bunker creator mod, which would probably do what you want. It's not fully functional at the moment though, and I'm focusing on another mod (insofar as I'm focusing on any mod) for the foreseeable future, so don't expect much anytime soon.

Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:58 pm

The campaign is crashing the game like clockwork for me now since the b31 update. Every time I click on 'End Turn' after doing a battle (assaulting or defending), regardless of the outcome, my game crashes the exact second I click 'End Turn'. It goes to a black basic aero version of my desktop (no background or icons) with a crash report. My computer stays frozen for a solid 10 seconds and any mouse movements/keyboard presses I did during that time happens all at once after those ~ten seconds. I have to ctrl+alt+delete and start task manager and kill the process because I can't see my cursor, the arrow keys don't do anything, and ctrl+shift+escape doesn't work. If I didn't do a battle and I just took uncontested land or just didn't do anything for my turn it won't crash when I click on 'End Turn'.

I've tried using the regular b31 cortex command.exe and the 32 bit MO layer exe. I've tried changing the CPU affinity and priority of both .exes. I uninstalled and re-installed the game(on C drive and then H drive), cleaned out a few mods, tried the campaign with base and many different mods and I still get the exact same results. I've tried different difficulties, starting gold, starting brains, AI difficulty, and different handicaps and that didn't affect anything either.

I also took a lot at the crash.dmp files in my appdata folder but that was just gibberish for the most part. (It seems only the 32 bit MO layer .exe creates a crash file. Don't know if that's intentional or not.) I'm at wits end trying to figure out what the hell is going on because I can't seem to fix it, let alone have any change in the crash behavior, regardless of what I do and I want to play the campaign :'(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:44 pm

Has someone unlocked the Secret Endless Campaign mode? If yes, could you explain how to get it?

Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:24 pm

elmfuzzy wrote:

Are you using any custom factions at all? The vanilla metagame is really touchy with those, in my experience, and can bug out if the faction loadouts file is even slightly improperly formatted. If not then it might be possible to upload the metagame save so that weegee can take a look at it.

--

Cpt. Cato Sicarius wrote:
Has someone unlocked the Secret Endless Campaign mode? If yes, could you explain how to get it?

.../Base.rte/Settings.ini

That's the only hint I'm going to give you. :P

Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:56 pm
Profile YIM

burningsky25 wrote:
So based on the context I'm gonna guess you're being sarcastic?

Nah. I just don't really feel like being bothered to moderate the tone of what I say as opposed to just writing things the most straightforward way. I do actually think it's awesome, and I did not mean to come off as passive-aggressive. I've just been depressed for far too long.

Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:13 pm

Arcalane wrote:
elmfuzzy wrote:

Are you using any custom factions at all? The vanilla metagame is really touchy with those, in my experience, and can bug out if the faction loadouts file is even slightly improperly formatted. If not then it might be possible to upload the metagame save so that weegee can take a look at it.

--

Cpt. Cato Sicarius wrote:

.../Base.rte/Settings.ini

That's the only hint I'm going to give you. :P

Oh, thank you very much!

Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:46 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

elmfuzzy, if you game crashes every single time you press next turn, then I'd totally would like to get your saves and take a look.

Last edited by weegee on Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:03 am

weegee wrote:
Cpt. Cato Sicarius, if you game crashes every single time you press next turn, then I'd totally would like to get your saves and take a look.

Oh, ehm...
I think you mean elmfuzzy, right?

Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:29 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Oh... yeah :) I'm happy to reproduce any crashes actually, no matter what caused them =)

Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:42 am

Hello, Im not sure if these have been reported yet but here it goes:

First of all, me and my buddy are playing split screen coop. Im using the keyboard and he have a Xbox controller and all these come from the activity: (Wave defense).

-After a completed wave when you are done repairing and upgrading your base, when you start the next wave, the oldest actors dies off if you place more than a certain limit on the map approx 20-25 wich sometimes varies.

-Usually after Wave 3-4 the enemy stop sending troops to attack the base and sometime it also happen after a small initial attack wich after being defeated dosent spawn more nor does it start the countdown to wave X.

-Finally, there seem to be a memory leak that amplify the farther in the waves you get, (With a minimal base and a few heavy units) me and my buddy managed to get to wave 6 and every screen that had more than 6-8 actors were lagging pretty badly, but wave 1 or another activity with 40+ guys and I dont have any problems.

Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:22 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Yeah some of activities still don't know the MOID limit is gone.

Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:28 pm

The lines connecting Nucleo projectiles will wrap around the map if they cross the border.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:45 pm

I have a few questions about the Random Maps and Meta-Scenes.
1. What exactly are they?
2. How can i use them/ Play on them?
3. Can I make my own random Scenes/Metascenes or whatever?
4. Are they anyhow compatible with the normal Scenarios?

Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:20 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

1. Metascenes are copies of scenes which provide alternative AI bunker layout. For example when in metagame you land on some location it may actually be the original pre-B31 map, or one of the 3 alternative metascenes, included in B31. You never see the difference, except the AI bunker layout.
2. Metascenes are only used by metagame to provide randomized AI bunker layouts.
3. You can add your own metascenes and they will be used by metagame. Just add a normal scene, add a reference to a parent scene, the one that will be substituted by your metascene - MetasceneParent = Base.rte/Burraki Desert , set ShowMetascenes = 1 in Settings.ini to make metascenes visible in editors. You better manually create those scenes in some separate module. There's a bunch of empty metascenes in Base.rte/Scenes for every vanilla scene, they start with M4. You can copy those to start with. You can also create a simple randomized map by using Schemes. Schemes will be replaced by assemblies every time your scene is loaded in scenario.
4. Skirmish scenarios don't need metascenes because you chose a map yourself. And they don't use built in metascenes because they don't care about AI bunker blueprints. By default B31 don't have any randomized maps for scenarios, but you can create your own.

Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next