View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 I wasn't here for a while, so what's new ? 

Post I wasn't here for a while, so what's new ?
I stopped playing Cortex Command 6 months ago and recently decided to come back to it. I see there has been a lot of changes. What I was pleasantly surprised is campaign with enough resources dedicated to attack you get not only brain bot, but some additional units too. Also the constructor is a great addition for the game ! So what's new, what I haven't seen yet ? By the way, is it only me, or the forum is less populated than before ?

Mon May 18, 2015 4:30 pm
happy carebear mom

Post Re: I wasn't here for a while, so what's new ?
As cortex gets more first party content, third party content (mods) have dropped off a cliff into oblivion. I think in the time you've been gone, there have been around 10 mods released.
Granted, I don't pay a lot of attention to mod releases, but I haven't noticed anything momentous happening there.

Tue May 19, 2015 12:43 am

Yeah, there haven't really been any big new releases lately... Major and I have been doing the C&C stuff (shameless self promotion, ho!) but even then those are a few months old at this point. Aside from that some folks have been taking advantage of the new Global Scripts functionality, but otherwise? Not a whole lot going on.

The forums themselves have been kinda quiet for a long time. It's easy to forget that CC has been bouncing around for several years now, and communities are bound to lose energy as time goes by. There are a few 'timeless classics' (e.g. Doom) which can have very long-lasting communities, but these tend to be few and far between. :???:

Tue May 19, 2015 2:52 am
Profile YIM
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

The forums aren't too lively, yes. That's because most people go to get their mods over Steam, over there you'll find more Cortex Command related activities.

Over here most of the community is active in the Off-Topic part, but most guys always reply to the modding sections when something happens.

Tue May 19, 2015 3:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]