View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 The Hyperion Legion: First Wave 

The Hyperion Legion: First Wave
Quote:
YOU HAVE BEEN JUDGED AND FOUND UNWORTHY

- First transmission from the Hyperion Legion to Tradestar

Descending simultaneously on mining bases all across the galaxy, these silent assailant have begun an extermination of all organic factions. They are eerily coordinated with both mechanical discipline and animalistic instinct, capturing several large bases already. Despite their tactical acumen and advanced technology, they are not invincible. Our top researchers have analyzed footage and accounts of attacks to identify weakness in their forces. We have collected the following data:

The Herald

These agile scouting units are first at a scene, performing reconnaissance, deploying stationary defenses or assassinating key targets.

The Archon

The mainstay of the Hyperion Legion. Their armored masks and heavy chest plates protect them from the brunt of most attacks.

The Arsenal

The Hyperion arsenal is comprised of many unique energy based weapons.

Note: As the "first wave" of this mod, much of the content is still missing or incomplete. I do plan on finishing this thing but as since school is starting up again my time is pretty limited so progress will be slow. But please enjoy in the meantime!

Planned Features:
A larger dropship
Heavy brain mech
Large mechanized unit
Small mechanized units
Self-assembling healing bunker
More guns
Better sounds and effects
More polished OP
More/better lore?

Known Issues:
Plasma Lance has wonky collisions
Kinetic Cluster is too powerful and causes random immolation
Shield presets don't work
Drop pod gibs are still Dummy

Credits:
P3lb0x & CaveCricket48: Most if not all of the weapons here have code and sounds snatched from the mods of one of these guys.

Last edited by Contrary on Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:37 pm

Post Re: The Hyperion Legion: First Wave
Very well made, a quality little faction. The only thing is that for now it doesn't bring anything new to the table, which is something I find important in a mod. That said, I know it's only the first wave and whatever you choose to do with this faction, I can't wait to see it!

Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:56 pm

I actually like more vanilla balanced and based mods, which don't overhaul and completely tilts the balance. Great mod so far!

Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:35 pm

This mod is great! Thanks for making it!

Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Thanks for the comments! What do you think of everything so far? The thing I'm most uncertain about is the charge style reloads. I think they help to differentiate the feel of the mod but they don't play that well and the AI are atrocious at using them.

Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:36 am

Change the reload to be just normal mag, even if it's an invisible magazine. It should help you. You can have little charging sounds as the dropmag and reload sounds for effect if you'd like. The art is good, I enjoy the aesthetic. The actors are pretty. I am hoping for another one or two actors that have mining functions, infiltration functions, etc. Consider making explosives of some sort. Start putting effort into a rocket design possibly. Draw it first on paper, then add to it. The weapon names seem kind of off to me but that's all personal preference.

If there's any more you want to hear please let me know. I'm full of ideas.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]