View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 "Could not understand Preset Type" 

Post "Could not understand Preset Type"
Trying to create a few more weapons for the Browncoats, first one a direct upgrade to the PY-07
I'm pretty sure the CopyOf is in the wrong place, but I can't remember what's what here.

Fixed it, it was the CopyOf line. However, I'm having trouble with palettes and W7's Paint. I'll ask how to fix that here instead of making a new thread. I've gone and got GIMP to work in the right palette but bugger me if it isn't user unfriendly, I don't understand what's going on with layers and such and not being able to paint outside some boundary.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:49 pm

Post Re: "Could not understand Preset Type"
GIMP can be weird. Look at your image. Are there lines moving around a shape? If yes, try select none from the top menu.

If that doesn't work, you may have floated a layer, which limits you to manipulating only it until it's anchored, CTRL+H or right click-layer-anchor.

I suggest just not messing with layers altogether, since all you need is just one layer and a buncha pixels. Also, make sure your first export is manual - export, type in all the info, etc - then make sure to turn on "do not write color space information" as CC can't read anything with color space information. This setting will be saved until you close GIMP, so you can just overwrite-export directly if you're editing a single image bit by bit.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]