View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Damage certain objects? 

Post Damage certain objects?
Is there a way for a MOPixel to only damage AHuman actors, for instance? Or maybe a way so it doesn't damage ADoor actors instead?

I made a knife that "fires" a MOPixel that works as the slashing. I tried messing around with its Mass, Sharpness and FireVelocity but I couldn't adjust it so it damages soft materials but not strong ones. It either does enough damage to hit doors or doesn't do enough to damage armoured flesh.

These are the current stats for the slashing round:
Code:
AddEffect = MOPixel
   PresetName = KF-Reds Slash Particle
   Mass = 5000
   LifeTime = 5
   Sharpness = 0.07
   HitsMOs = 1
   GetsHitByMOs = 0
   Color = Color
      R = 255
      G = 0
      B = 255
   Atom = Atom
      Material = Material
         CopyOf = Air Blast
      TrailColor = Color
         R = 255
         G = 0
         B = 255
      TrailLength = 0

AddAmmo = Round
   PresetName = Round KF-Reds
   ParticleCount = 1
   Particle = MOPixel
      CopyOf = KF-Reds Slash Particle
   FireVelocity = 20
   Separation = -1

It sends the user flying backwards but I solved that by adding "RecoilTransmission = -0.005" which slightly pushes the user forward instead, making it easier to melee the target. This can be used with the jetpack to propel the user forward and either turn them into a human projectile or use it to do some knife dancing, lol.

In addition to cause damage, it also disarms the target, forcing them to use their own knife, which cannot be hit as long as it's being equipped, so it all turns into an awesome stabfest till the end. :P

Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:14 am

Post Re: Damage certain objects?
Code:
// (1/(mass*velocity))*x = Sharpness required to pierce one particle with x structural integrity. (Shook)

I'm not sure how accurate this is but I found it pasted into one of the .ini files in my mod.

This would imply that m*s*v = x, where s is sharpness and x is the minimum StructualIntegrity required to stop the particle / maximum the particle can pierce.

However I suggest you start by making the mass way less than 5000.

The following code is from my Ronin revamp, the first particle should be enough to pierce flesh but not metal.

5000 * 0.07 * 20 = 7000
0.3 * 3 * 60 = 54
Armoured Flesh = 40
Door Metal = 95

Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:45 am

I recall Darlos9D was experimenting with fine-tuning this sort of stuff but was unsuccessful to get it the way he liked. Do you know how sensitive it is when you factor in actor velocity, gravity, air resistance and such affecting the round?

Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:57 am

4zK's stats work! :O!!!

The only issue is that there is no longer attack lunge for the user and slash knockback for the target so no more blade dancing. I'll have to try some adjustments with mass and the other stats to get those 2 features back without screwing up the Ronin Chainsaw Saw Pixel code from yer Ronin revamp mod.

Edit1: Maybe I can add a second particle that does no damage to accomplish that. Will do some forum lurking to see how.

Edit2: Thanks, lads! I separated them into 2 particles, the slash one and the push one.
The knife now does enough to damage unarmored bodyparts, pull the user towards the target, push the target away and disarm all guns but pistols for some reason. It does minimal damage to terrain but it doesn't damage doors so it's all perfect. Thanks again!

Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]