View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Gone with the Blastwave Factions v2.5 / v2.6c for CCCP 

Post Re: Gone with the Blastwave Extended
You can use the RecoilTransmission variable in HDFirearms to increase or decrease knockback. 1.0 is regular , 0.5 is half, 2.0 is double, etc.

Knockback is otherwise generally based on the mass of the projectile that you're shooting and the velocity of the projectile.

Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:20 am

CaveCricket48 wrote:
You can use the RecoilTransmission variable in HDFirearms to increase or decrease knockback. 1.0 is regular , 0.5 is half, 2.0 is double, etc.

Knockback is otherwise generally based on the mass of the projectile that you're shooting and the velocity of the projectile.

Would changing the mass and speed of the bullet affect other things?
For now, RecoilTransmission did the trick.

I rigged their weapons to be really bad. Even their sniper rifles are not accurate. :P

I did some lurking and it seems friendly fire can only be done with a lua file.

Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:06 am

Alright, I have the next update almost ready. It only needs some testing and I should be uploading it tomorrow, probably. Some of the things in it are:

-Added the Greens as a new faction. They are weak but a bit quicker than the other factions.
-Most Greens weapons are rigged to hinder their combat capabilities. Stuff like decreased fire rate, knockback effects, easier to break, etc.
-Added Pistols for all factions. They no longer use equipment from vanilla factions.
-Added Pipe Bombs for all factions. The difference between them are really small but there are some.
-Made small edits to some of the equipment already in the mod. Just slight changes to some sprites and stats.
-Random chances for Blues and Greens to spawn with 2 different masks. Reds and Yellows are not affected since they always use the same mask types in the comics.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:31 am

I tried to edit the thread with the new info and download link but I'm unable for some reason... I can't even edit my previous posts. I'll just post the link here in the meantime.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/109 ... GWTB11.rar

Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:05 pm

Nice good work :grin:

Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:49 am

So I've been thinking about what to add next and maybe it's time to work on the soldiers themselves. Each faction has 2 type of soldiers but the only difference is the helmets they sport. I will replace the second choice with a Medic and add Flamers as their own type of soldier instead of being a weapon choice, if that is possible.

-Medics will probably be more agile but weaker, and will have that healing effects the medic bot spider has.
-Flamers will spawn with a flamethrower, which shouldn't be a drop-able weapon and not accessed directly in the buying screen. Flamers would also carry fuel tanks instead of backpacks, which will probably be a major weakness on them.

I'll do some file searching to see if these ideas can be implemented.

Edit:
Ok, I managed to make explosive fuel tanks attached to the actor. It works as intended but I might need to increase its explosive power or something coz sometimes the actor would survive the explosion.

The only problem I have now is finding a way so the flamethrower cannot be dropped or picked up.

Edit2:
I found a lua script that kinda does something about the flamers. Flamers spawn with a flamethrower that only them can pick up. The rest will drop it immediately.

Since each faction has its own flamethrower, I'll see if I can edit the lua so Flamers can use flamethrowers from the other factions too and not just their own type.

Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:47 pm

Mod update, lads. I will post it here coz I just can't do anything with the thread page yet.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/109 ... GWTB12.rar

Also, I was lurking the comic pages and I saw an ad for a GWTB spinoff comic about the Blues made by the same guy called Wasted People, but it's Patreon exclusive. I decided to do some searching and I found some comic pages in russian and saw new content ideas... one of them is heavy armor. There is at least 2 comic pages with Blues wearing what appears to be power armor. There's also a Commander in there with a pretty nice outfit. I could implement him to be the factions' "brain" units.

Edit:
Here's a pic of a Reds Heavy plus some screens of the Blues Heavy in the Wasted People spinoff.

They are already working in my game. Here's some current info about them:
-All their bodyparts are more resistant to damage. All but hands and feet.
-In addition to a slightly bigger helmet, they have 3 armor pieces attached. A chestplate an armored collar and an armored backpack.
All armor pieces, including helmets used by other soldier types now use a new material, Armor Metal, which is a stronger version of the Military Stuff material.
-All the extra weight from their armor makes their jetpack less effective.

Now, all of this sounds like they are OP as hell but it's not the case. A well placed shot to the face can still instakill them just like any other soldier. Flamers, Yellow Snipers and point-blank shotgun shots are really effective against them. They sometimes die as easily as a normal soldier, if unlucky enough.

They were too weak against headshots so I gave them an armored collar, which is more noticeable when the heavy is looking downwards. It can sometimes save them from a headshot when they are facing the other way.

Edit:
Mother of gwad... so I was just trying some assault scenarios to try the upcoming content and decided to go Reds against Ronin... Ronin snipers are DEADLY with their sniper rifles. I decided to check their code and the only thing of note I found was they had "AddToGroup = Snipers" in them... so after some forum searches, I decided to try that in my units...

Next update will also add Snipers as their own soldier class.

Edit2:
I could finally update the main page. I still couldn't add the file with the forum uploader but I could at least add a download link in the main page. Also, update tiem:

-Added a new soldier class, Sniper. They are better at spotting and headshots but a bit weaker than normal soldiers.
-Added a new soldier class, Heavy. They are more resistant to damage and carry layers of armor but their jetpacks are less effective.
-Made some adjustments to all soldiers and their bodyparts.
-Tanks now leave a gib version of their chassis when destroyed.

Last edited by Chiko on Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:51 am

Post Re: Gone with the Blastwave Extended 1.3
Mkay, lads. I'm working on the Commander unit now:

I tried to make them as similar to the ones in the spinoff comic as I could.

This is the current info about them in the game:

-They are something in between Soldier and Heavy in term of damage resistance. All of his limbs are more resistant to gibbing.
-The hat and the trenchcoat he's wearing over his torso part offer almost no damage protection but are extremely resistant to gibbing. Bullets will often go thru them but will block a bullet completely in rare cases.
-As a "Brain" unit, he's really proficient at spotting enemies and scoring headshots.

I'm currently making the Commanders for the rest of the factions. I'm not sure what else I could add to them so I will probably release the next update soon, which also includes other changes and fixes.

EDIT:
Mod updated, lads. The changes are:

-Added a new soldier class, Commander. This is the brain unit for each faction. They are good fighters but as vulnerable as any soldier.
-Flamers and Heavies now display a destroyed version of their backpacks/fueltanks when gibbed.
-Increased the damage output for Blues pistols.
-Reds and Blues sniper rifles fire in a less arched and more accurate manner.
-Yellows sniper rifles can hold 8 rounds instead of 10 and do a bit less damage now.
-Made some stat and visual effect adjustments to most soldier bodyparts.
-Heavies are a bit taller and their armor/limbs are more resistant to damage and gibbing.
-Reduced the damage resistance of Snipers a bit more.

EDIT2:
New mod update. The changes are:

-Flamethrowers fire a better looking flame now.
-Flamethrowers, Grenade Launchers and Rocket Launchers explode when gibbed now.
-Greens guns have small chances to jam and will force users to reload them.
-Greens weapons have slightly less knockback effect.
-Greens Rocket Launcher will sometimes gib the user when fired.
-Removed the Greens Grenade Launcher since it was too similar to the Rocket Launcher.
-Greens grenades are more volatile and weak to damage. All Greens Soldiers carry them now.
-Yellows pistol fire a more noticeable round.
-Added A new Weapon, Yellows Shotgun. It's a fully automatic shotgun.
-Reds, Blues and Greens Shotguns has been rebalanced.
-All helmets now display sparks when hit.

EDIT3:
Aaaaand a new Mod update. The changes are:

-Added a new unit type, Medics. They are slightly faster than the other classes but they are also weak and have reduced aiming range.
-Increased the walking speed for normal Soldiers. They are almost as fast as Medics.
-Added a new piece of clothing, Poncho. It provides very little protection but it's really resistant to gibbing. It's mostly for looks.
-Medics always spawn with a Poncho. Soldiers and Snipers have low chances to get them and they don't keep the collar as up as Medics do. Greens Flamers might also wear Ponchos.
-The Trenchcoat with high collar used by Commanders now cover all the torso instead of just the front part.
-Snipers have reduced hearing detection but their aiming range has been increased.
-Reduced the knockback in Greens Rocket Launchers, which also decreases the amount of accidents with them.
-Reduced the knockback in Greens Heavy Machine Guns. It's no longer possible to fly by shooting downwards.
-All Greens but their Commander are capable of limited friendly fire, which allows them to harm the player controlled soldier only.
-All Greens but their Commander can harm themselves with flamethrowers or ricochet but only if controlled by the player.
-The player controlled Greens soldier can collide with other Greens and even stomp or bodyslam them.
-Fixed Yellows Auto Shotguns not dropping their magazines when reloading.
-Blues Sniper Rifles are almost identical to Reds ones but they fire in a less arched manner and need less attacks in order to fire their more powerful ones.

EDIT4:
I'm working on a new soldier class, Drone:

These are based on the bots from the GWTB 404 spinoff comic. Info about them right now:
-Their small size and shorter legs makes it take longer to cover more ground by walking but also makes them smaller targets.
-Their body is really heavy so their jetpacks are less useful.
-They have limited aiming capabilities and cannot crouch or crawl.
-They are really resistant to damage but they have a weakspot located on their jetpacks.
-If their back weakspot or their exterior body is gibbed, they will slowly lose health and die, most of the time.
-Their arms cannot be damaged so they won't ever lose them.
-They have an instakill weakspot but it's located in the middle of their head area but it's only exposed when their exterior body is destroyed and it's really hard to hit.

These bots are more useful as base guards but they are useful at attacking bunkers too. Due to their limited movement and aiming they are the worse choice in hills or non flat surfaces.

Last edited by Chiko on Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:47 pm

Post Re: Gone with the Blastwave Extended 2.0
3 more updates, lads. They were available only in Steam but I then remembered about this thread. So here are the changes:

-Added a new soldier class, Drone. Drones are small, cumbersome but heavily armored bots best suited for base environments.
-Drones are resilient and their arms cannot be damaged but they have a weakspot in their backpacks.
-Blues Sniper Rifles reload slightly faster now.
-Tanks are now part of the "Mecha" group.
-Clothing Material turns into Ash when settles instead of Scrap Metal.
-Vehicle Metal turns into Scrap Metal when settles instead of becoming almost indestructible.
-Fixed a bug causing Blues Grenade Launchers to fire tank rounds.

-Drones now have a self destruct pie command and will also explode when their main body is gibbed.
-Hitting the instakill weakspot in a Drone will disable the unit without detonating it.
-There is a new way to reach the instakill weakspot without destroying the body. Hit between the backpack and the head at the right moment.
-Drones now use fuel compatible with Flamethrowers so they can pick them up and equip them.
-Flamethrowers are now compatible with Flamers and Drones from the other GWTB factions.
-Made some changes to troop, drone and vehicle prices.
-Fixed a bug causing Yellows Tanks to use stats from an outdated material.
-Fixed a bug causing Blues Flamethrowers to be usable by everyone.

-Added a new weapon, Combat Knife. It can only damage unarmored bodyparts but it can disarm enemies.
-Knieves become indestructible when equipped by anyone from their own faction.
-Increased the aiming distance for Tanks a bit.
-Edited the AI in Tanks to stop them from facing left or right on their own. They will still do so when alerted.
-Soldier Ponchos, Commander Hats and Commander Trenchcoats are a bit heavier but more resistant to gibbing.
-Commanders spawn equipped with a Pistol instead of an Assault Rifle now.
-Pistols become indestructible and get a 3x aim distance bonus when equipped by a Commander from their own faction.
-Greens Pistols jam less often and have less bullet separation now.
-Flamethrowers take a bit longer to reload but they can hold more ammo.
-Flamethrowers have new reload and empty gun sounds.

Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:27 pm

I had problems with the mod, regarding Spaz 12, could you pass me the fixed mod please? Thanks, by the way, good mod, the best I've seen since I first played cortex command.

Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:10 am

Guess it's time to get back to this game. I'm currently working on a lot of fixes and stat rebalance for all GWTB factions. I'm also working on a new unit, GWTB Legends Knights:

-It's a bit lazy of me to reuse sprites but yeah, fallout power armor with minimal edits here and there...
-They are completely clad in plate armor but it's possible to damage them and even kill them easily if you know their weakspots.
-Their heads are unique as they don't actually wear helms, the helms ARE their heads, which are pretty tough.
-Their skirts absorb damage in a similar fashion than ponchos and commander hats so they are not just for looks.
-They don't use jetpacks but they can jump at a decent height for units clad in metal.
-They come with a melee weapon, a longsword for Reds. It's a silent, powerful melee weapon which can also be used to propel the knight forward when jumping.
-They also come with an unique ranged weapon, crossbow. It's slow and does less damage than most firearms but it's really accurate and has a long aiming distance.
-Knights also use their weapons noticeable faster than non knight units.

DiuxWarson wrote:
I had problems with the mod, regarding Spaz 12, could you pass me the fixed mod please? Thanks, by the way, good mod, the best I've seen since I first played cortex command.

I'm currently editing the files so I can't post any version of this mod yet. The working factions are all available in Steam, though. I will update my mods here as soon as I get free time.

Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:22 pm

Post Re: Gone with the Blastwave Extended 2.1
Alright, lads. The mod has been updated.

I did a lot of fixes and edits to all factions, plus some rebalance of most of the content.

Knights from the spinoff comic GWTB Legends are also there. They work like a commando unit since jumping and their unique weapons are almost silent.

The longsword work in a similar fashion to knives but they are noticeably more powerful and can even penetrate power armor.

The crossbow is a fun long range weapon to use. It's rate of fire is slow but the bolts it fires do a decent amount of damage to unarmored bodyparts. It's powerful enough to cause minimal damage to power armor. The bolts have the ability to disarm their targets if these hit their weapons and might push or even flip enemies because of their knockback effect.

Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:19 pm

Chiko wrote:
Alright, lads. The mod has been updated.

I did a lot of fixes and edits to all factions, plus some rebalance of most of the content.

Knights from the spinoff comic GWTB Legends are also there. They work like a commando unit since jumping and their unique weapons are almost silent.

The longsword work in a similar fashion to knives but they are noticeably more powerful and can even penetrate power armor.

The crossbow is a fun long range weapon to use. It's rate of fire is slow but the bolts it fires do a decent amount of damage to unarmored bodyparts. It's powerful enough to cause minimal damage to power armor. The bolts have the ability to disarm their targets if these hit their weapons and might push or even flip enemies because of their knockback effect.

amazing update, I admire your work and dedication on mod, and the comic book, I liked it, I didn't read it completely of course, but when I'm home, I'll read it. :grin:

Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:29 pm

Thanks, man.

The only thing that this mod is missing are the soldiers from the GWTB 250k spinoff comic. I'll take care of my other factions but I will finish this mod, eventually. :P

Edit: Also, forgot to post the changelog:

-Added a new unit type, Knight. They are completely clad in plate armor and have no jetpack so they jump instead. They also come with their own unique weapons.
-Added a new melee weapon, Longsword. It's a powerful melee weapon capable of penetrating heavily armored targets. It might also disarm enemies.
-Added a new ranged weapon, Crossbow. It's weaker and slower than most projectile weapons but it's really accurate and with a long aiming reach. It might also disarm enemies.
-Added the Knight perk. It allows Knights to attack noticeably faster with their unique weapons, the Longsword and the Crossbow.
-Commanders have better aiming when firing with their faction handguns.
-The Sniper perk has been replaced with the Sharpshooter one used in the fallout factions to make them compatible with their sniper rifles.
-Rebalanced most weapons and made them use the same ammo type system used in the fallout factions.
-Fixed some missing strings the game was trying to load.
-Removed unnecessary files and strings from some of the script files.

Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:04 pm

Chiko wrote:
Thanks, man.

The only thing that this mod is missing are the soldiers from the GWTB 250k spinoff comic. I'll take care of my other factions but I will finish this mod, eventually. :P

Edit: Also, forgot to post the changelog:

-Added a new unit type, Knight. They are completely clad in plate armor and have no jetpack so they jump instead. They also come with their own unique weapons.
-Added a new melee weapon, Longsword. It's a powerful melee weapon capable of penetrating heavily armored targets. It might also disarm enemies.
-Added a new ranged weapon, Crossbow. It's weaker and slower than most projectile weapons but it's really accurate and with a long aiming reach. It might also disarm enemies.
-Added the Knight perk. It allows Knights to attack noticeably faster with their unique weapons, the Longsword and the Crossbow.
-Commanders have better aiming when firing with their faction handguns.
-The Sniper perk has been replaced with the Sharpshooter one used in the fallout factions to make them compatible with their sniper rifles.
-Rebalanced most weapons and made them use the same ammo type system used in the fallout factions.
-Fixed some missing strings the game was trying to load.
-Removed unnecessary files and strings from some of the script files.

I like you, just as I like your mod, I know it sounds disrespectful, but could you help me with my mod? I don't know how things go with the laying of hands on guns, give a better touch to the Crafts and all those crazy things, I hope you accept my proposal, thank you for reading it and admire your performance, go on like this

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bwm37fjbb ... TA_2.1.rar

Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next