View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Warframe Mod - Grineer Supremacy Expansion [0.1 patch] 

Post Re: Warframe Weapons Mod UPDATE 1.3
The only thing I was really thinking of adjusting, balance-wise, was the new AT Ogris. (Well, aside from the new stuff you added... I think I have a workable "recoil" solution for the Grakata, though I think I may be able to tweak/improve it.)

I was thinking of attempting to make the Soma's mag rotate, though. It seemed like an interesting but easily accomplished task. The main thing keeping me from doing it was the thought of interacting directly with sprites :P

Other than that, the Grineer Kubrows would probably have to be crabs... That probably wouldn't work out very well.

Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:39 am

Post Re: Warframe Weapons Mod UPDATE 1.3
The crab thing was my idea for those Phobos beast thingies!

The kubrow could be a reskin of a old NPC i found while browsing the forums[Dotdotdot]

And for your information, i added Akstilletos, Dual Decurion, Tigris, and another two shotguns.

A grineer Drakh, a grineer Drakh witha grineer archwing, which lets him actually wield the Dual Decurion.

Thing is, Dual decurion weigh 25 kg each, equaling to 50 Kg when wielded together, making the actor almost immobile, if he doesnt have enough flight power.

They are awesome at DPS tho, and rip ships to pieces.

Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:04 am

Post Re: Warframe Mod - Grineer Supremacy Expansion
Sorry for my lack of reviews on this page, but I'm really loving how the mod is advancing so far. Gonna test out the new stuff once I test out the remade HECU guys

Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:32 am

.....I'm sorry. I've lost most of my motivation to work on this mod for a few reasons:

Drahk are dog-pig-things. I cannot express to you how much they are not bipedal.
Grineer Lancers have giant pauldrons and stuff, such that the head/helmet does not really stick out at all.
There already was a large number of weapons in this mod; adding more just made it that much more difficult to make everything work in a very distinct manner.

I think I may finish messing with the AT Ogris, but I'm not promising even that.

TL;DR: Kudos on the work you've done; I'm just not super interested in continuing to work on it because it hurts my sensibilities too much :P
Yes, I do have odd sensibilities.

EDIT: Apparently I've changed my mind lol.... I hope to make some more interesting contributions here in the future :P

Last edited by Visage on Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:51 am

Oh dont worry, you did enough stuff for the mod to be able to continued by me personally, thanks for everything,

and believe me, the drakk arent what they seem. What i meant was the guys that summoned them.

Let me link you to the pictures:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Drahk_Master

This is the Drakh guy present in the mod, the dog things can be found in the sprite folder.

Ill upload a patch to fix the names, heh, names sure can break the flow of things XD

Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:38 am

Re: Warframe Mod - Grineer Supremacy Expansion [0.1 patch]
The sparklemagic returns :V

I managed to hack together my own recoil system, and it seems to work well enough. Thoroughly untested by anyone who's not me. And I'm too lazy to test with a controller, so use at your own risk.

The AT Ogris is now much more AI friendly. Decreased killing power and blast radius combined with more direct motion mechanics make it so.

Attachments:
File comment: Hakuna Grakata
What a wonderful phrase!

Grakata.ini [4.73 KiB]
Downloaded 516 times
File comment: Hakuna Grakata
Crits and proccing for daysssss...

Grakata.lua [1.7 KiB]
Downloaded 487 times
File comment: Fully automatic homing missile launcher.
Do not leave in reach of children.

AT Ogris.ini [10.38 KiB]
Downloaded 522 times
File comment: Sparklemagic to make it go.
AT Ogris.lua [5.73 KiB]
Downloaded 506 times
Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:47 pm

Post Re: Warframe Mod - Grineer Supremacy Expansion [0.1 patch]
Oh the file comments you put there, RIP Lungs, died from inside laughing jokes.

Oh and also, grineer pauldrons are progressing niche.

Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:28 pm

I can see why you made the kubrow infested... the implementation is clever, but it's an alligator, not a canine lol...

Also, I rechecked the Soma... If you're having trouble killing a Browncoat heavy, either shoot the legs/lower torso or get closer.
Its inability to penetrate their armor at range is an intended effect - It's a crit weapon, so you should focus on hitting the weak spots.

Also, if you want bouncy munitions, think about the Miter/Panthera... I dunno how well the Miter would translate, and I'm not convinced I could do the Panthera's alt fire... but it's maybe worth a shot :P

Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:32 pm

Well. I decided it's been long enough that OP ain't gonna do anything further with the mod any time soon... so I messed around with stuff and now there is more Lua shenanigans and possibly something vaguely related to balance. Probably not, though.

I commented out some of the stuff he had in there... mostly (probably only?) the actors that aren't Drahk Masters, Crewmen or Moa Men.
I didn't touch the new pistols, because lazy.

Anyhow, attaching the .rar here and editing my first post in this thread to have it as well.

Attachments:
File comment: We can hope it's shiny. Maybe it's shiny.
TBH, it's anything but new.

Warframe - New and Shiny (maybe).rar [380.3 KiB]
Downloaded 471 times
Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:55 pm

Quess who is alive once again, i quess, anyway, just wanted to say thank you to Visage for creating the new version for everyone,
i was too busy with real life to work on the mod.

Also, if there are no more "official" updates to the mod in the coming months/years, you can quess that it was abandoned.

Thank you for everyone who has the mod and enjoys it.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:51 pm

It's not dead!

Well, it was dead. And it will probably go back to being dead.

The file is much larger now, since now all of the weapons have authentic sounds ripped from the game... as a result, I can't just attach the file on the forum.

Download it here, if you so desire: http://www118.zippyshare.com/v/clp32xW2/file.html

Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:10 pm

My eyes! They are BURN!

Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:34 pm

So I decided to mess around with it some more, and discovered that Cortex Command supports .ogg sound files just fine.
This allowed me to massively reduce the file size. It's now ~3KB instead of ~14KB. It's still too big to attach here, though.

I also updated the ProtoKohm to be less terrible, and the Decurions to never reload unless you manually do so. Which you shouldn't.

New archive is at http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/jDVjS5la/file.html.

EDIT: Punisher, you're gonna have to be more specific if you want something to change. If it's the sprites, take it up with the guy who no longer even logs in here or make some yourself.
If it's not the sprites, tell me and maybe I'll fix it.

EDIT: Now with 100% more actual download link.

Last edited by Visage on Fri May 26, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:24 am

You arent supposed to know im dead, its a hoax, but seriously, i havent played or openend cortex command for 1 year, but i might come back for B32.

But yeah, i was just silently observing the forums, not completely dead.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:48 pm

My Zippyshare links keep expiring, so have a Discord download link. Hopefully it won't expire. I'm... really not confident... but I'm also lazy.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... Polish.rar

Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next