View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Cortex Command crashing on loadup 

Post Cortex Command crashing on loadup
I've done a little bit of troubleshooting a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶m̶a̶d̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶1̶0̶3̶8̶ ̶-̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶,̶ ̶"̶A̶d̶d̶A̶c̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶=̶ ̶A̶H̶u̶m̶a̶n̶"̶ EDIT: turns out that's not it, currently in the process of finding out exactyl where it is

I've deliberately edited names to be wrong as a hillbilly way to see where its getting to before crashing. It does not get past that line.

I have no idea why. Comparing it to other actor code, it seems identical, and should work. What's even better is that it DOES work - in the original mod it comes from (mine)

Just, when separated, even if perfectly edited to be independent, it just won't go past that line. No error, just a crash. Any idea what could be up with it? Anything obvious I missed?

Last edited by Hoovytaurus on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:44 pm

Post Re: Cortex Command crashing on loadup
I'm up to help but I can't try anything to see if it works without the rest of the .rte.

Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:43 pm

Pantera1993 wrote:
I'm up to help but I can't try anything to see if it works without the rest of the .rte.

I figured that much just before seeing your reply. The link is below, and thanks for helping. I half-expected this forum to be 100% dead, really glad to see it isn't. (would have attached but got an error for some reason)

EDIT: word of warning; everything's a bit spaghetti, it's just how I do code. Not very good for sharing with others, but it works. Also ignore the effects shamelessly stolen from 4zK (I love the dude's work alright?)

EDIT 2: no link, want to keep this quality mod a surprise (hint: it's like 200 megabytes)

Last edited by Hoovytaurus on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:04 pm

turns out there's something wrong with the head being used, should be easy to fix now that I know exactly where the problem lies

thanks for being up to help but I think I got it from here

EDIT: yep, all is well. turns out I had named an arm wrong but instead of saying it couldn't find the preset it did a weird error I've never seen and whatever it works now

Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:35 pm

I just saw your reply. Glad you fixed the error :)

There's been a bit more activity recently since the last sale, there was just a mod contest recently for the first time in a while.

Looking forward to seeing your mod on the forums soon, I didn't download so it wouldn't be spoiled ;)

Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]