View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196 ... 298  Next
 Nechronica 

Post Re: Nechronica
BATTLE!

Eigla mimicks the crab's war dance, and it becomes enraged! The three creatures charge at the party, launching strike after strike at Eigla while moving surprisingly quickly. Thankfully she blocks most with her shield, and the one bite that does go through is not powerful enough to pierce through her skin's solid outer layer.

It's still a very stressful situation. Eigla and Klimt suffer 1 Madness!

Combat map:
[] - Tartarus
[] - Hades
[] - Limbo
[Crab2, Crab3, Eigla, Klimt] - Elysium
[Crab1] - Eden

-----

Meanwhile, Curie tries Rosa's kimono on. It's... Tight, almost indecently so, but - It fits. Sure takes some effort to tie the back ribbon, though.

Curie: "...This is, unusual. A bit constricting, but also soft. Does... Does Unit look good in it? Would OPERATOR Klimt enjoy seeing Unit like this?"

Last edited by Areku on Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:16 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Possibly to the point of being overwhelmed. You look, attractive. Not as overwhelmingly so as Peggy.
Please do not act like she does. You have been gifted with great power. Wield it carefully."

Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:26 am
Profile WWW

>1 AP for Steel Bones, 1 AP for Happy Pills, apply a single target flurry of snake strikes to one of the crabs in Elysium until AP exhaustion.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:27 am

> Protect Klimt, only Defend with 0-cost abilities, Meat Shield as necessary.

Attack all-out on any crab Klimt isn't attacking.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:10 am

BATTLE!

The battle rages on. Klimt discards his jacket, turning his upper body into tentacles and battering Crab 1's shell with strike after strike. The carapace dents deeply, then buckles under the immense strain. The creature attempts to bite back, but the Boy is too fast, quickly dissolving and jumping into the crustacean's mouth.

For a few seconds, there is only silence. Suddenly, the crab is split into two from within, its upper half being lifted off its hinges by Klimt's herculean force, showering everyone with gallons of dark blood. It is another horrifying testament to his bloodlust and battle prowess.

Artist's rendition of that bloodcurdling moment.

As the creature slowly topples backwards, dozens of pods erupt from its carapace, young crablings eager to avenge their progenitor. Individually, they'd be harmless, but as a swarm, they crawl over the two warriors, biting and hindering with all their might. One even gets into Eigla's mouth, tearing off her tongue before she manages to bite it in half with a sickening crunch.

The other crabs redouble their efforts, swinging madly with their claws, but Eigla manages to deftly parry their attacks with her shield. Until she overextends for just a moment-

ゴゴゴゴ

NANI?!?!

A crab manages to get its jaws around Eigla's head. Specifically, her face. She pauses and gasps as its serrated maxillae touch the bridge of her nose and the underside of her chin, then close like a gigantic beartrap. The bite pierces each of her eyeballs, then crunches the front of her skull until it is completely unrecognizeable, a nightmarish mess of gore and bone fragments. The other creatures approach to capitalize on her weakness, but her combat senses allow her to parry and counterattack, even when blinded.

Klimt continues to lash out at the other crabs, keeping them at bay and giving Eigla time to regen. One of them also releases its brood, however, and the crabling swarm grows in size. It takes the pair all of their efforts to avoid being overrun.

Madness engulfs you. Eigla feels a dark rage beggining to take hold of her. It won't be long before she gives in.

Combat map:
[] - Tartarus
[] - Hades
[Crab2, Crab3] - Limbo
[8Crablings, Eigla, Klimt] - Elysium
[] - Eden

---

Meanwhile, Curie looks thoughtful.

Curie: Unit would rather fail its prime directive than become like Peggy. Unit is grateful for OPERATOR Rosa's concern, however.

...OPERATOR Rosa. Unit knows how *not* to behave on a date, but what SHOULD Unit do? The database has a peculiar lack of information on the subject. Unit infers we will, eat together, and maybe sit close to one another, but-

Unit has no theoretical or practical experience to speak of, especially regarding what comes afterwards. This is, troubling."

Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:41 am
Profile WWW

> Regenerate Jaw. Princess and Protect Klimt. Meat Shield as necessary.

CRAWLING FLESH THE ENEMY THAT SEEMS TO BE THREATENING ME, or any enemy on the same tile otherwise.

Voice Effect Klimt -

"C'mon Klimt! I've seen you do better than this!"

Defend, consuming AP as necessary. Spine leftover AP.

Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:15 am
Loose Canon

"The particulars are not, terribly important. It is not helpful in the way you desire, but, it is true.
Dates come in many forms, and traditional ones are difficult in this world. Be with him. Enjoy each others company. Try to relax, if you can. It is important above all else that you both have a 'good time'. If that is accomplished, the details will work themselves out.
Try to talk about things that, interest you. Show what makes you different from other girls. In a good way. Also good is to find his interests, and let him take the lead. Though more difficult.
Holding hands is a good event. You may be able to progress from there. Most likely to succeed course of action is probably... firm, but not aggressive. Show your, affection, do not let it be sidestepped, but do not force it upon him.

I have faith in you, Curie."
> Conversation check.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:59 am
Profile WWW

"Your faith isn't misplaced! I'll kill as much as I can for you!"

>Can I Conversation Check in battle if we are in the same slot?

>One AP for Happy Pills, the rest should be Meat Snakes to murder Crab 2.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:11 am

BATTLE!

The battle rages on. The other crabs seem more cautious now, after the death of their companion, and move continuously while attacking, forcing Klimt to chase them, trying to get a hit in. Eigla is left alone with the crabling swarm, but they're of little conseq-

AAAAAAAAAH OH GOD THEY'RE BURROWING INTO HER EYES

She claws at her face, trying to dislodge the creatures, biting madly with her regenerated jaw, but it's no use. She can feel them crawling around, munching on her optical nerves, poking her brain with their sharp feet. She tries to say something to Klimt, but all that comes out is a panicked scream. Other crabs haven gotten inside her robe, and claw at her torso in unison. Her bosom's skin, already stretched to near bursting, quickly gives out, exploding in a flood of blood and maggots.

Her worm-like helpers quickly slink back into other available orifices, so at least they're not lost. IT STILL HURTS LIKE HELL.

Madness has arrived. Eigla feels something finally break inside her, under the physical and mental strain of battle. She tries to think of happy things. Of her manor, and garden.

They're burning. They're all burning.

Even the crabs flinch as they hear Eigla's maniacal, inhumanly loud scream. Klimt can't help but feel afraid of her.

Combat map:
[] - Tartarus
[] - Hades
[Crab2, Crab3, Klimt] - Limbo
[8Crablings, Eigla] - Elysium
[] - Eden

---

Meanwhile, Curie nods rather confidently. Is she... Smiling? It's a strange sight, but it somehow brings calm to Rosa's heart.

Curie: "...OPERATOR Rosa is right. As long as Unit is focused on enjoying OPERATOR Klimt's company, things are bound to work out. Unit can't wait to-
t-t-t-to.
Hold. H-hands."

She blushes, still smiling.

Curie: "Uhm! Though. About OPERATOR Klimt's interests. Unit is not sure how to approach them, given how rarely we converse.
OPERATOR Rosa has known him for a long time, no? Does anything stand out? What does OPERATOR Klimt like, in a girl?

...Unit hopes he comes back soon. This will be a good date!"

Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:27 am
Profile WWW

> Regenerate Entrails. Princess and Protect Klimt. Crawling Flesh the Crablings. Meat Shield as necessary.

Use Arm for Support - Voice Effect Klimt -

"WHY AM I NOT SEEING MORE SNAKES KLIMT!? BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE EYES, HAHAHA!"

Expend AP to Defend as necessary. Use leftover AP to sword the crablings.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:33 am

"Hold on, I will gut them here!"

>Full Meat Snakes to obliterate Crab 2. Any leftover AP for Steel Bones.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:44 am
Loose Canon

"Intelligence. Self reliance. Passion, drive. Confident, but not haughty. A strong individual of a person.
I feel Klimt is more attracted to the mind than the matter. Though, the matter still matters.

That said, I also think he needs someone more... easy going. To help ride out the problems.

Well, that's what I think anyway. I am, not fully certain. Though I do think that Curie has the qualifications."
> Conversation checks for days.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:03 am
Profile WWW

BATTLE!

Battle continues. While Eigla blindly defends the both of them, Klimt finds himself chasing around crabs fruitlessly. The creatures swing at Eigla then quickly step backwards, avoiding his blows. If he continues to get kited, things will not turn out well!

Eigla begins to find the situation quite funny. The sulphurous water at her knees, the cacophony of sounds of battle, the blood streaming down her face... Isn't it all hilarious? Just, one big joke. Like life itself. So what is there to do but laugh, and laugh, and laugh, and forget?

Eigla: "WHY AM I NOT SEEING MORE SNAKES KLIMT!? BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE EYES, HAHAHA!"

Klimt looks at the pitiful girl laughing and crying at the same time, and feel something, unusual. Up until then, she had been a friend, but no more. Now, despite all her faults, despite her constant, unfounded rivalry with him... He didn't want to see her like that. He wanted to be close to her. To see her safe. He had to do something.

Klimt: "Hold on, I will gut them here!"

He doesn't manage to gut them there, but at least avoids their counterattacks as he runs to her side. The crabs claw wildly at the air, hurting one another while trying to catch him.

Combat map:
[] - Tartarus
[] - Hades
[] - Limbo
[4Crablings, Eigla, Crab2, Crab3, Klimt] - Elysium
[] - Eden

---

Meanwhile, Rosa gives as much advice as she can to Curie. The braingirl seems to be making mental notes of everything. It's quite therapeutic, in a way. Talking, girl-to-girl. Almost reminds her of the world before the End.

Curie: "Unit thanks you for your confidence. Being strong, but not overwhelmingly so. Allowing him to relax. Displaying drive and leadership. Unit thinks, that's... Feasible."

At that moment, Emilia walks out of the bathroom, looking... BUFF. Quite buff, indeed. Not TOO buff, but still... Quite impressively so, for someone who used to look malnourished and frail.

Emilia: "I'm done! Emilia is strong now! Look!"

She attempts to lift the stove. She fails. She then moves to the refrigerator. Nope, still no luck. She tries a chair.

CHAIR STATUS: LIFTED!

Well, it's a start. She looks pleased with herself, at least.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:30 am
Profile WWW

> Regenerate Eye. Burn all AP to move to Eden and Escape. Crawling Flesh the first enemy that attacks me. Princess Klimt, Meat Shield as necessary.

Do not use AP to Defend. Do not Protect.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:36 am
Loose Canon

"Hm. Somehow I had a feeling Emilia was getting up to, something."
> Feel muscles.
"Strong."
> Conversation check? Sure.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:49 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196 ... 298  Next