View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228 ... 298  Next
 Nechronica 

Post Re: Nechronica
> Support Rosa with Vines!

Be sure to Protect/Defend/Meat Shield/Princess/Crawling Flesh if something attacks.

Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:53 am

> Use my Extra Eyes to help Rosa locate fish.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:44 am
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

Not wanting to waste time trying to fish in the grey, oily sea, Klimt sets out a tarp in the cargo bay, makes a few cushions out of of rolled clothes, and lays down to rest. Peggy and Curie are quick to lie by his side, the first hugging him tightly and suggestively kissing his neck, the other slowly and awkwardly resting her head against his shoulder.

Emilia stays outside, climbing on top of the truck to keep a lookout. She's being, unusually competent.

Meanwhile, Rosa, Eigla and Malia go fishing! Not wanting to wade through the waves on the beach, the sharkgirl directs the group over the nearby cliffs, until they meet the end of the seawall.

The gargantuan, grey concrete bulwark stretches as far as the eye can see, covered in the rusting skeletons of ancient sentry guns. The fact it's still standing and watertight, despite the clear signs of having weathered many a storm and artillery bombardment, is a testament to the engineering prowess of the bygone civilization.

A few hundred meters to the south, a section of the outer wall has partially collapsed, apparently due to the impact of a rather large container ship. The rusting vehicle lies at an angle, forming a reasonably steady ramp down to the water level.

Climbing down carefully, they reach a sheltered portion of the lower deck, and start looking for a good place to try and catch something edible. Malia cranes her head backwards, the many eyes on her skull opening to provide a near 360 degree field of view. Within minutes, she locates what seems like a small group of fish congregating near a crack in the hull.

Rosa breaks a metal railing to use as a rod, tying the end of her string to it then casting it overboard. Oh wait, she forgot to add bait, there's no way-

TUG TUG TUG

Pulling the line up surprisedly, she realises she's caught some sort of large, ugly, eyeless catfish. Huh. How predatory IS this thing, even?

Storing her catch in a bucket, she attaches a piece of rotten meat to the hook, and casts the line again. This time, after a moderate wait, she catches a medium-sized, but rather attractive trout-looking creature, with scales that glisten bright red in the sunlight. Trying again, she catches two more of those. Nice!

Finally, the fish seem to have wizened up to her tricks. A long time passes without a bite, until suddenly somehing pulls HARD on the line, to the point that Rosa has trouble holding on to it, and Eigla has to wrap her vines and crawling flesh around it to keep the rod from flying out into the water. After a long, tiresome battle, Rosa gets fed up and shoots the, whatever it is, repeatedly with her sniper.

The line goes slack, and you see a huge, twitching fish-like creature float up from the depths. That thing is as big as two adult men! You're pretty sure the string is not strong enough to haul it up.

Well, you could just go back with what you got so far, or try and find a way to bring the big 'un home.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:26 am
Profile WWW

> Vine that fish in!

Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:28 am
Loose Canon

> I killed it, I will eat it. To leave it would be a waste of its life.
Help haul it in with Eigla/Malia ropes.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:54 am
Profile WWW

> Snakevines, I choose you.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:45 am
Profile WWW

>Run a hand through Curie's hair. Stroke Peggy's back. Enjoy a breather.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:16 am

EVENTS:

Eigla lowers her vines toward the creature, wrapping them tightly around it. Malia pulls long coils of red string from inside her sleeves, somehow lassoing the fish's tail with them, despite the distance.
Once both girls are firmly attached, Rosa lifts them up under her arms, pulling them backwards like a makeshift crane. Their catch is slowly hoisted over the railing, landing on the deck with a moist splat.

It's a... Well, the hindquarters look a bit like a normal fish's, just oversized. The front, though, is a jumbled, jawless mass, lined with uncountable feelers, warts and serrated, inwards-pointing teeth. Almost like a lamprey, if lampreys were made of murder. The scent of fresh blood quickly reaches Rosa's nostrils, making her start to wonder if it tastes like a lamprey, too.

Meanwhile, Klimt cuddles his waifus, while slowly closing his eyes. Curie seems emboldened by his affections, as she eventually switches to kissing his neck as well. Under his followers' surprisingly gentle assault, he drifts off to sleep.

???: "Hey, what's your problem? He's in love with me, I can do this kind of thing!"
Curie: "He is not in love with you. He's, confused by your body, is all."
Peggy: "Oh all you do is nag and nag and nag. We had our first time back when I was just a pile of guts and a head. Can you claim anything even CLOSE to that?"

...Seems they haven't realised he's awake.

Curie: "E-EVEN THEN. Unit will not accept it. I will oppose it with every fiber of my being. You will not take advantage of him any longer!"
Peggy: "Oh yeah?! Why's that, you ugly lardball? I thought having so much brains would make one smart, but all they've done is make you a disgusting fatass!"
Curie: "BECAUSE YOU'RE UNFIT TO BE HIS WIFE! KLIMT DESERVES BETTER! Y-YOU'RE JUST CRUDE AND EGOCENTRIC AND YOU KEEP CAUSING HIM TROUBLE! YOU'RE THE WORST GIRLFRIEND I'VE EVER SEEN!"
Peggy: "Damn right I am."

There is a long pause, before Curie slowly utters a confused 'what'.

Peggy: "I mean, I am, right? I, keep having these, delusions and confused spells. I dream of eating people every time I shut my eyes. Of eating Klimt alive, and he's absolutely delicious. I don't know if I'm myself, right now, or some weird, other person in my head.
C'mon, don't look so surprised. Even someone as slow as you oughta have seen it, how I lost it when I saw the Pillar Man. I keep screwing up and being a burden, don't I? You said it yourself.
I thought I could at least be a useful driver, but then I fell asleep at the wheel. Fancy that!
And it's weird, when your mind keeps telling you you're the best person in the world, but you clearly aren't."

Curie: "..."

Peggy: "Anyways, I'm gonna screw up again, sooner or later. I don't want like, some sort of angry, murderous rival on top of that. You're doing all of this for him, right? Klimt first. So let's just, chill out, okay? I'm gonna get pissed when you're with him, you're gonna get pissed when he's with me, but let's not ley HIM get all worried about it.

If I'm really the wrong choice for him - ♥♥♥♥ it, he's a smart guy. He'll know to dump me in a ditch somewhere. Until then, can this messed-up girl try to enjoy the boy she clearly doesn't deserve?"

Curie: "...Unit will need time to think about this.

But, trying to do it while he's asleep is still NOT okay."

Peggy: "Like you'd know, you prude robot."
Curie: "UNIT IS A SENTIENT, SAPIENT INDIVIDUAL WITH FULL HUMAN CONSCIOUSNESS, NOT A MERE ROBOT."
Peggy: "Real humans don't call themselves 'unit', you beef-based calculator! Why, I-"

The bickering continues, but it feels less, aggressive, than before.

Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:40 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Let us cook.
We must preserve the food, to keep with us later.
And also to eat now.
Yess."

Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:03 am
Profile WWW

> Search for a load of scrap wood to build the fire with! Prepare to Protect/Defend/Meat Shield/Crawling Flesh/Vine [Hinder]/Princess [Rosa] if necessary

Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:12 am

>Play dead, feign sleep until real sleep comes. I don't want to start a titanic fight now, and their ignorance of the fact that I heard them means that I can get a handle on the true feelings of both.

Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:36 am

"I suppose I haven't had anything to eat since I woke up. Is it any different now that we're, you know..."

Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:06 pm
Profile WWW

"We still need to eat. If we don't, we go crazy and eat anything in sight, including each other."

Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:21 pm
Loose Canon

"And eating each other doesn't work. Undead Flesh isn't nutritious to us.
Has to be meat, or plants.

Well, there are, heretic strains of undead that can process Flesh. But, none of us are those. I think."

Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:25 pm
Profile WWW

"What's wrong with undead flesh? Isn't meat meat?"

Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:21 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228 ... 298  Next