View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229 ... 298  Next
 Nechronica 
Loose Canon

Post Re: Nechronica
"Not quite.
We are undead because of some, engineered, advanced mold. It permeates our flesh and changes it, lets it live on past the point of death for normal flesh. And also puts our life into every speck of it.
I regrew from a leg once. Literally, from a leg. No brain. Nor organs. Just put my leg to a coffin, and it printed a new body. Memories intact.
Something about the mold makes it, unpalatable for us. We can adapt it to our own bodies and use it for repairs and parts without much issue. But breaking it down has, problems. I am not sure why. I am a sword, not a scientist.
Possibly if we burned the flesh severely, it would be edible. To kill all the undead-ness in it."
> Make a spit to roast the fish on.

Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:42 pm
Profile WWW

>Examine the fish, assess undead-ness. Consider a taste test.

Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:04 pm
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

While Rosa makes a makeshift spit out of broken metal railings, Malia exhamines the fish. She, can't seem to see anything to indicate whether it's undead or not, though her strings don't pick up any thoughts, either. Maybe it's just because it was shot, or it doesn't think in the same way as humans. Hmm.

Carefully digging her fingers into the creature's slimy skin, she tears out a small piece of its meat, and touches it against the tip of her tongue.

SCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCHSCRATCH-

Delicious. Fresh and juicy, teeming with energy. Her throat itches, and she has to pinch her corset's lacing to keep it from coming unwound on its own. It seems almost a waste to cook the creature, when it tastes so... Alive.

Meanwhile, Eigla searches for kindling. The upper decks have long been stripped clean by the crashing waves, but there are a few ruined wooden boxes and tarps in the control tower. Covered in fungus and salt creep, but should burn reasonably well.

...Huh. There's a very strong, foul smell of rotting fish coming from below decks. It's too dark to explore without a torch, but she's afraid of igniting any pockets of flammable gas.

Back at the truck, Klimt feigns sleep while his waifus argue. Peggy has seemingly climbed on top of him, much to Curie's displeasure.

Curie: "It's not fair! Klimt should have a proper, corteous girlfriend who respects his personal space!"

Peggy: "Oh, is that all you want? Help him find a good, stable, reliable partner?~"

Curie: "Correct. My intentions are pure."

Peggy: "So, I bet YOU're good, stable and reliable."

Curie: "Of course! I mean- Uhm. Calculating."

Peggy: "Be honest, girl. You're just as base as the rest of us. Isn't that why you pretty yourself up, why you've assembled that caricature of a body? You just want the only boy left in the world to be head over heels for you~"

Curie: "Your argument is faulty. Unit is, not succeptible to such human impulses!"

Peggy: "Oh please, you're such a bad liar! Okay, hold on. I'll give you a free pass. Go ahead, give him a kiss, feel free to go all out! I won't mind, and he won't know you did it, either!~

Let's see how succeptible you really are. It's the opportunity of a lifetime, ma chérie."

There is a long pause, and Klimt feels suddenly, threatened.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:36 am
Profile WWW

> Call out to the others. Move to them if they're out if range. Protect/Defend/Princess [Rosa]/Vines [Hinder]/Crawling Flesh if attacked.

"There's a smell of rotting flesh below the decks. Could be usable Flesh there, or could be dangerous."

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:43 am
Loose Canon

"Any openings? I could take a look."

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:44 am
Profile WWW

> Inspect for openings at a safe distance. Standard Defensive Actions if attacked. Report openings to Rosa.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:46 am

>Fly awake.

"Is that Peggy speaking or someone else?"

Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:57 pm

> Follow along. Probe the darkness with my strings.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:12 am
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

Eigla finds an old staircase to the lower levels, and Rosa activates her night vision, shielding her face with a hand to prevent the sunlight from interfering.

Hmm. Seems like, a rusted old ship corridor down there. Other than the smell, there's nothing particularly unusual- Huh.
There's, a thin, glistening film seemingly creeping along the walls and floor. It's moving, though almost imperceptibly so.

Malia finds a few cracks in the deck floor and probes them with her strings. One floor down, nothing. Two floors down, the thread begins to feel wet. Three floors down, something touches her thread, then quickly scurries away in an definitely arthropod-like manner. She immediately retracts her strings, creeped out.

Meanwhile, Klimt flies awake, nearly hitting his head on Curie's blushing, tendril-covered face. Peggy smiles innocently, cocking her head.

Peggy: "What do you mean, Klimt? It's me, of course."

Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:42 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Something on the walls down there. A film, or coating. Alive. Most likely just residue from the actual inhabitant.
Probably won't come out until we start a fire, or go to sleep."

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:11 am
Profile WWW

"If we're going to figure out what it is, we should do it from the safety of not-inside-here."

> What is the construction of the ship like?

Slowly exit with Rosa if she's leaving.

Protect [Rosa]/Defend/Princess [Rosa]/Vines [Hinder]/Crawling Flesh if attacked

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:20 am

"You don't need to be coy. 'Ma cherie'...? Like something from a memory..."

Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:41 am
Loose Canon

"I wonder if it's flammable. Hopefully not. I don't want this ship to explode.
We will keep an eye on it while we cook."
> Speaking of cooking! How is the fire.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:48 am
Profile WWW

"Oooh..."

>Probe again, and if I touch a creature, try to grab it and tie it up, smash it against the deck maybe.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:40 am
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

Rosa and Eigla return to the fire pit, taking a look around before lighting the flames. The ship seems to have once been an oil tanker, though all but one of the spherical containers are missing, the deck hastily patched with steel plates to cover up the holes. Despite the rust, it still looks reasonably solid, other than the parts that have smashed against the wall.

Malia stays behind, waiting until the others are out of sight before probing the hole again. She slowly slithers her snakes along until meeting another creature, then quickly wraps around it, squeezing it until she feels the carapace crack, then repeatedly slamming it against the floor. After a few moments, the squirming stops.

It had it coming. She feels quite satisfied!

Meanwhile, Peggy pauses for several seconds, as if thinking. Curie's tendrils retract back into her mouth and eye sockets, and she looks away, blushing.

Peggy: "Oh. Oh yes, a memory. I'm so sorry, I suppose that Desiree woman had some slight influence over my speech for a moment. Don't worry, won't happen again! Hon hon hon."

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:44 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229 ... 298  Next