View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:42 am



Reply to topic  [ 5131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310 ... 343  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9525
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Better yet, then - The less we have to interact with that accursed swamp, the better.

Well, shall we get going? It's uh, a bit scary at first, but Ingret's insides are pretty comfortable in the end."


Jeorg: "Bezel explained the entry process. It does sound, unusual, but I think we'll be okay."

~

The Lindow people look around, fascinated.

Sonja: "The buildings look like the ones from the city."

Mikail: "Not exactly, but close."

Jeorg: "It is cooler in here. Another place we have stepped into."


The group walks into the office building you're currently using, and the Lindow people amuse themselves by looking at your equipment or playing with the appliances. Mikail seems interested in the Wards and Witches game set up on one of the tables.

Bezel: "Ingret can talk to you through the speakers in the ceiling, and watch you from the cameras."

Ingret: "Hello."

The cameras swivel around as well, so the others can see them.

Bezel: "Feel free to use one of the nearby buildings to stay in, or explore. Just don't go to the center of the city, Ingret's sensitive structures are located there."

Jeorg bows his head.

Jeorg: "We will honor your request."


[Timeskip]
[Other]
7419-12-01 Monday


Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:01 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
> Timeskip


Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:01 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3905
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>After the natives have settled down, pull Bezel aside for a moment.

"Hey, Bezel - Ingret's cameras and speakers, are they a normal fixture of her core growth, or something you taught her to do? I was wondering witches implemented core city senses, and that seemed a strangely modern way to do it."


Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:40 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9525
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>After the natives have settled down, pull Bezel aside for a moment.


You wait for the Lindow people to leave the office and explore the other nearby buildings before speaking with Bezel.

Areku wrote:
"Hey, Bezel - Ingret's cameras and speakers, are they a normal fixture of her core growth, or something you taught her to do? I was wondering how witches implemented core city senses, and that seemed a strangely modern way to do it."


Bezel: "When she was smaller, she went into the UC offices a lot. I explained the cameras and PA system to her, and I guess she just incorporated them into her core design."
7419-12-01 Monday


Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:25 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3905
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Hmmm. I wonder if she misses that.

Being able to fit into human-sized buildings, I mean. Must be strange, living in a world made of miniatures."


Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:04 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9525
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Hmmm. I wonder if she misses that.

Being able to fit into human-sized buildings, I mean. Must be strange, living in a world made of miniatures."


Bezel: "Mm. She hasn't explored the full capabilities of her powers yet, maybe there's a way for her to shrink her body."


~


After a large number of stops, exits, scouting, and reentries, you slowly slide through Ingret's throat once more.

This time, however, you see a ruined city in front of you - skeletons of former buildings and piles of rubble. Some of the structures are more intact than others, while others look like someone made an effort to clean out debris and close up holes.

Patches of forest are nearby, probably enough to provide a steady supply of lumber.

Ingret: "I can see a few people here and there. There were crop fields around, too."

Sonja: "Still people here..."


Bezel: "Think we need the suits?"

The armored suits that Bezel made would offer a decent amount of defense against hostile people still lingering in the ruins.

7419-12-01 Monday


Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:30 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Do you think they'll be hostile?"


Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:14 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9525
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Do you think they'll be hostile?"


Jeorg: "If they are, they may have guns."

Bezel: "Armor would give us some protection, and might also give off the wrong impression and make things worse. Though, we do also have a giant bird following us. I don't know how we can make a good impression."
7419-12-01 Monday


Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:38 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3905
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Maybe we should just paint flames and skulls on the armor, go for the shock and awe route. Convince them to respect the bird-riding metal men who came from the sea."


Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:40 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Armor it is. Better safe than sorry.
Could go helmetless if we really need to look disarming."


Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:45 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9525
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Armor it is. Better safe than sorry.
Could go helmetless if we really need to look disarming."


It doesn't take long for the two of you to get suited up. The green armor doesn't do you any favours for blending into the scenery, but you do feel safer as your guides lead you through the ruins.

As your group moves deeper in, you see more and more repaired structures, and people quickly hiding as they notice you. The majority of them are light-skinned, but you make out a few that aren't here and there. The entire city is eerie - visible signs of people, and complete silence.



Jeorg: "There. That is the facility."

A large set of buildings still mostly standing, though many have collapsed walls or roofs here and there. Despite the weeds and patches of grass, you can make out the white of bones here and there.

Sonja: "Being here again, I remember things, awful things. It is, smaller though, than I remembered."

Erin: "You are taller now, and stronger."

Sonja: "Yes, I just, need to sit down."

She walks over to a spot along the outer fall of the facility, kneeling and leaning back while her husband sits beside her.

Jeorg watches them, while also scanning the area.

Jeorg: "Be careful. There may be people in the facility. The people of the city are leaving us alone right now, we should not make it appear like we are intruding more than necessary."
7419-12-01 Monday


Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:42 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"We sort of are, but yes, let's keep it brisk.
We're mostly looking for information, so notes, books, binders, folders, that sort of thing. Secondary consideration is magical machinery, but that will be harder to take with us if we do decide to."
> Helmet off, look through/past wall into facility.


Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:34 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9525
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"We sort of are, but yes, let's keep it brisk.
We're mostly looking for information, so notes, books, binders, folders, that sort of thing. Secondary consideration is magical machinery, but that will be harder to take with us if we do decide to."
> Helmet off, look through/past wall into facility.



With your helmet off, you look at the facility, trying to make out what's behind the holes and collapses in the walls.

Dark, weather-damaged interiors. Can't make out anything from the outside, and you doubt many of the interesting things would've survived being exposed to the elements.

Sonja and Erin return to your group.

Jeorg: "If we are splitting up, do not go alone."


[Explore the facility as a group]
[Explore as separate groups]
[Other]
7419-12-01 Monday


Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:32 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 3905
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Let's go all together. Something strikes me as very odd about this place, and I don't fancy having any of us get lost."


Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:08 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9525
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Let's go all together. Something strikes me as very odd about this place, and I don't fancy having any of us get lost."


The warrior gives you a nod.

Jeorg: "Mm. Together then."


You enter the ruins, following the guidance of the Maazo people to identify the different parts of the facility, while Ingret waits outside, being far too large to explore with you.

With the lack of power, you and Bezel have to create your own lights, while Sonja is able to aid as well with a small magic flame.

Many of the papers near the openings are all but rotted away, while those that were contained in cabinets in the deeper parts of the building are still intact. A skeleton lies here and there, sending your heart racing each time. Sonja stops at each one to pray, occasionally even recognizing the person from remembering where she saw them die.

You find a locked door, and after having Bezel disassembly the lock with some focused kinetics, you enter to find desks and cabinets, many of them containing useful information - experiment results, test subject information, shipment reports, and other interesting tidbits. You're not exactly sure what most of it means, but you should probably gather everything that looks useful.

[Gather papers]
[Explore the rest of the facility first]
[Other]
7419-12-01 Monday


Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:35 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 5131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310 ... 343  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CrazyMLC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.033s | 17 Queries | GZIP : Off ]