View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230 ... 298  Next
 Nechronica 

Post Re: Nechronica
> See if I can pull off one of the plates on the hull. Vines to Support.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:53 pm

> See what I can drag back up.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:15 pm
Profile WWW

>Laugh it off, but do keep my eye on her.

"Curie, were you about to access my brain with those tendrils of yours?"

>If Peggy's attention falters or she looks away, shoot Curie a meaningful look and put a finger to my lips. I no longer know who is trustworthy.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:36 am
Loose Canon

> Spit the big fish and get it to cooking.
Spear the smaller ones along their length and prop them up along the edge of the fire to cook as well.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:05 pm
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

Rosa skewers the big fish on the handrail, and the smaller ones on broken pieces of pipe. Soon enough, they're all smelling rather tasty, for mutant creatures found in the contaminated sea!

Eigla liquefies part of her body, then flows between the metal plating on the deck. By repeatedly inflating and deflating her many prosbocii, she manages to separate the layers of steel, eventually lifting a section enough to wrap her vines around it and pull it off.

The darkness below is oppressive, and the stench immediately wafts upwards. The space once occupied by the oil tank is now filled with what seem to be crude wooden and metal platforms, holding dozens of rotting hospital beds and cots. Every level below the first is covered in a thick layer of glistening, pulsating mucus, and small creatures scurry away from the intruding beams of light.

Malia pulls up her catch, though she has to crush it a bit to make it fit through the crack. It's... almost like a rat-sized beetle, though lacking much of the characteristic carapace. Instead, its soft, translucent abdomen is exposed, trailing long strings of mucus from where it ruptured. Eight needle-like legs jut from its side, many broken from rough handling, and its head is a featureless white dome, with two long fangs protruding from its lower edge.

Kinda ew. Smells edible, though.

Meanwhile, Curie blushes.

Curie: "N-no! I, she said I could kiss you, and u-uhm, I- Unit- I, had never done it before, and I got so tense, a-and..."

Klimt tries to find an opening to sign to her, but Peggy has her eyes fixed on him, a slight smile on her lips.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:22 pm
Profile WWW

"This isn't Sleeping Beauty - next time, try it while I am awake.

Where are the other girls? How long was I out?"

Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:54 pm
Loose Canon

> Excellent. Once the big fish develops a nice crisp, take it off and time to eat. The others can go for the small fish.
How many smaller fish are there again?

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:10 am
Profile WWW

> Bring the hideous creature back up to Rosa and Eigla and drop the remains on the deck.

"So this happened."

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:22 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"Hm. More meat? Put it by the fire to cook.
Actually. Flick a bit of its mucus in first. In case it is flammable."

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:51 pm
Profile WWW

> Head back to the campfire. Defend/Vine hinder/Crawling Flesh if attacked.

"I opened up a hole in the ship, if we want to head in from another entrance."

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:53 pm

EVENTS:

Eigla and Malia return to the campfire to witness a horrifying, gruesome scene: Rosa lying on top of the cooked fish, taking one huge bloody bite after another, cracking scale and bone with her bare, razor-sharp teeth.

Malia offers her the bug, and the sharkgirl stops for a moment to cook it- Wait.

The mucus is nonflammable, sizzling harmlessly when exposed to fire. But, she's pretty sure the bug is Flesh, not Meat. How did Malia miss that?

Oh well. Giving back the useless arthropod, she continues to gluttonously gorge herself on her man-sized prey. The others will have to make do with the three red trout-things and the ugly catfish, if they want dinner.

Meanwhile, Curie nods, looking uncharacteristically embarrassed.

Curie: "Uhm. It's been, an hour and a half, maybe? Emilia is still out on the roof. The others went out exploring the coast, I heard Rosa say she was going to try and fish us something for dinner."

Peggy: "Oh? Is that so? It's, it's been a while, though. Perhaps you should go check on her?"

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:42 pm
Profile WWW

> Cook the trout and catfish.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:48 pm
Loose Canon

> Oh.
Wait.
Calm down. Eat like a normal person. Not like a beast.
Also, give a quick taste of the bug Malia got. Does it taste like sin, or like acceptable Flesh?

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:21 am
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

Rosa feels her stomach bulging with every bite, and her skin stretching to near tearing. She needs to stop! But... It tastes so good, she thinks, just as she shovels another chunk of muscle down her throat. It is what she was made for, after all. A predator, built to hunt and devour and gorge-

NO. What would Klimt say, if he saw her like this? For all her faults, she's still human, and she should behave like one. Painfully, she forces herself to slow down, giving each mouthful time to settle in her guts before swallowing another one, and using her hands, instead of her teeth, to tear through the fish's thick scales. It takes all of her concentration, but she should manage it. For now.

Reaching for something less delicious to curb her appetite, she tears off one of the bug's legs, snapping it between her teeth like a salted snack. It seems... Normal Flesh, in a way. A bit different from her own in origin, but still similar in shape and composition. Nothing nearly as alien as the mud king's.

Meanwhile, Eigla calmly cooks the other fish, taking the time to clean and de-scale them beforehand. The end result is a rather tasty-looking pile of filets: Even the mutant catfish had surprisingly tender meat.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:48 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"The bug is flesh. Different from ours, a bit. Not as different as the swamp king.
I do not recommend usage, but it is usable under duress."

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:51 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230 ... 298  Next