View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267, 268 ... 298  Next
 Nechronica 

Post Re: Nechronica
EVENTS:

Chiaki: "Of course! Let me just, reach for the remote control... Got it. Don't hesitate to call again if you need anything else!

Oh, is the second course ready? Goodness, took you long enou-"

The screen suddenly goes black, before switching to a rather grainy image of a foggy, muddy cavern. You see several dozen zombies standing knee-deep in excrement, loading buckets of overgrown fungi into a dump truck. A battered, dirty Doll seems to be directing them, and you barely recognise her as Desuri, her head comically oversized for her frail maid body. A hand pats her on the shoulder, and you realise you're observing her through the eyes of an engineer zombie.

Desuri: "What does she want this time? I'm busy enough as i- Wait, who? Is she- okay. Damnit. Okay.

Hello, Eigla. Rosa, Klimt, my other guests. I assume you're all there? So, how does it feel? To see me brought so low, crawling amid the filth? Enjoyable, isn't it?"

Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:04 am
Profile WWW

"I preferred the Desuri that looked at me in disgust, right before she shattered my shield with her own fists."

Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:15 am
Loose Canon

"I don't enjoy seeing suffering."

Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:16 am
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

An evil smile spreads across Desuri's face, and she clenches her hands instinctively.

Desuri: "...Yes, I can recall. That was an enjoyable moment, if short-lived.

Well, why are you calling me, then? An attempt at making peace? I've read your letter. As intriguing as this garden of yours sounds, I can't exactly spare the time for any extraneous tasks right now. The little crisis you've caused is by far the worst in this factory's history, ma chèrie.

As to you, Rosa... Well, I suppose that makes sense. You were always the most, mellow, I suppose. Ah, the things I would have done to you, given time."

Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:25 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

> Stare. Blink.
"I'm glad we're different."

Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:30 am
Profile WWW

"I wanted to call mainly to see how things were going - you're a lot more useful than a loudspeaker stuffed in a bucket, so it's good to see that you at least have a body now, even if it's that small thing and you have a bomb collar strapped around your neck.

Secondly, I wanted to know if you had any research plans in mind after the mess of the meatblob is cleaned up."

Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:52 am

EVENTS:

Desuri sighs tiredly and sits down on one of the truck's wheels, ignoring the thick layer of filth that immediately adheres to her skirt. She removes her bomb collar to scratch at her neck, then half-smiles at you.

Desuri: "Please. Did you really think I wouldn't have the deactivation codes? It's just, a lot easier if the little spider thinks she's in control. Speaking of that, I hope you approve of how well I've been treating her."

Research... If, if only. Chiaki definitely downplayed the damage, but - This is a catastrophe. When the thing rampaged through the lower levels, if contaminated whole swaths of the fungus farm. Here, look -"

She pulls a clump of mushrooms from the truck, and you see half of them have malformed faces.

Mushroom: "R-rooosaaa... Die... Kill us, kill us..."

Desuri: "I don't know what this caca boudin is, but I'm not feeding it to my pigs. And, without enough base fodder, I'll have to scale back production, and probably slaughter extra livestock for winter... The Master's quotas will not be met. Do you know what that means? In over eight decades, I'd never missed a production target. NEVER. Sigh."

She sinks her head into her hands, and you hear a faint sob.

Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"We may have, clashed, but no lies were spoken about that demon. It is truly the most dangerous thing I've ever seen. Including the pillar man. I hope you are able to purge it.
How, big was it, when it arrived and left?"

Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:54 pm
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

Desuri blinks several times in surprise, and you hear Molly let out a low gasp.

Desuri: "...The Pillar Man was active? At this time of the year? That's- What. When was the last time - No, I can't even remember.

Ugh. You truly are ill omens, aren't you?

It was... Maybe, twice as big as Klimt's angry form, from when I first met you. Gained a lot of mass as it absorbed things in the caverns, but sloughed it off when the tunnels got too small for it.

I think, when it left it was about as tall as a - Five, maybe six story building, but it fluctuated a lot."

Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:43 pm
Profile WWW

"We have two days tops until the meatblob gets here, so we'll be getting an up-close view very soon.

I asked you about research because after this is all over, assuming we survive, I intend to help with repairing all the collateral damage that the meatblob caused.

After that, gathering the brightest minds I know and trying to restore this dead world. A lofty goal, maybe foolish, but I think we have the brains to do it. Curie, Molly.

You, Desuri."

Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:57 pm

EVENTS:

Desiree gives you the flash of a smile, then suddenly breaks into an ugly, maniacal laughter for several seconds. When the awkward spectacle is finally over, she looks serene, almost motherly.

Desiree: "Sorry, sorry... You just, caught me unprepared. Eigla, dearie. Look at the world. Do you think it can ever be healed, no matter how much effort we put into it? Even the Master keeps to his own territories. Humanity's age is long gone. The best we can do is what I did - Carve out a fortress for yourself, and shut the madness outside. I... Had thought you were too world weary to even consider something like that.

Not to mention - There's bound to be a reckoning. The Master will want to know why the next shipments won't arrive, and I'll tell him just who brought a flesh demon into his main food source.

Though. If, somehow, you manage to survive THAT. Then, you have my word. I'll play along with your little utopian plans~

It won't happen, though."

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:38 am
Profile WWW

> Shrug.

"I came from a time where the world stood on the shoulders of people who did the impossible, and those people stood on the shoulders of others.

I don't expect to live to see the day where the world is restored, reborn, but I will be a rung on the ladder for those who will.

That's all I have to say - I'll stop holding up your work now."

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:51 am

EVENTS:

Desiree laughs again.

Desiree: "Goodness, I feel old. Your mad plans are going to fail, Eigla, and I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad for you. Goodbye."

There is a long pause, with the doll looking fixedly at you. Eventually, she moves her head to the side, looking wistful and almost embarrassed.

Desiree: "...Good luck."

The screen goes black, and for a moment all that can be heard are Molly's giggles.

Molly: "Sorry, sorry. It's just, it does feel good to see her like that. Hehe!

Also, you want to revive the world? That'd be.., Hard, I think. I imagine we'd get to dissect it first, though, which could be quite enlightening!

Hmm. Could work!"

Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:17 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

"It's either that, or we sit in our misery and fight mud men forever.
You, gasped when I mentioned the pillar man."

Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:23 am
Profile WWW

"We can think of the details later - probably best to focus on the meatblob for now."

Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267, 268 ... 298  Next