View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 379, 380, 381, 382, 383, 384, 385 ... 621  Next
 World Reader 

Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Hm. Pragmatic. With the Daeli's beast hunt going on, it would've made sense to maintain a low profile.

I imagine even being in this more civilized region is a bit dangerous to your main body, too. Enough mages around to notice if you start using your powers too often. So, where will you take your next group of followers?

I've been to the North, and things seemed pretty rough. A lot of the area south of the Lindow is controlled by a rather ruthless group of brigands, and the West is right out, considering the active battle between the birds and the Cannonade.

Hm. Perhaps you could found a fishing village along the northeast coast. The people there are pretty isolated, and could benefit from some sort of regional trade center."

Aldente: "Getting around the Lindow would be difficult, but that location does sound interesting.

What is the Cannonade?"

7419-12-13 Monday

Sat May 19, 2018 12:48 am
Loose Canon

"A witch variety on the west coast that has evolved to use guns that shoot decaying HM. They evolved to fight back against the Daeli hunting them. They're fighting a three way battle with the laser birds and some actual nations.
Hm. That, actually sounds like a horrific opponent for you. Don't go there."

Sat May 19, 2018 12:55 am
Profile WWW

"Oh, it's another witch pattern, living on the West coast. Used to be spear fishers, but developed quickly after contact with the Daeli. Basically, they use massive HM guns to shell their enemies with corruption.

They were as displeased as everyone else when the birds started advancing from the South, so there's apparently a large scale brawl happening where the two meet, with a few human kingdoms caught in the crossfire. It's one of the reasons things went reasonably well when we were in Aldente - several of the stronger bird queens had left for the western front.

Sat May 19, 2018 12:57 am
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"Oh, it's another witch pattern, living on the West coast. Used to be spear fishers, but developed quickly after contact with the Daeli. Basically, they use massive HM guns to shell their enemies with corruption.

They were as displeased as everyone else when the birds started advancing from the South, so there's apparently a large scale brawl happening where the two meet, with a few human kingdoms caught in the crossfire. It's one of the reasons things went reasonably well when we were in Aldente - several of the stronger bird queens had left for the western front.

Aldente: "I see.

How did you travel to the North? I assume not on foot or train."

7419-12-13 Monday

Sat May 19, 2018 3:51 am
Loose Canon

"You're correct. We went by Ingret.
Ingret being a witch.

Our mission down in the south was to get witch cores for study. We accomplished that, via raiding a downed queen's core for infant unhatched witchling cores. Got a handful and took them back here to Darson. In the early experiments, we accidentally hatched one. The rest have stayed dormant and eventually dissected. Bezel saw a unique opportunity when the core hatched, so instead of clubbing it over the head and going back to experiments, she took it in and raised it.

So, that's how we got up there and back safely. She's still a bird and still has lasers, but she's very civilized."

Sat May 19, 2018 4:05 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"You're correct. We went by Ingret.
Ingret being a witch.

Our mission down in the south was to get witch cores for study. We accomplished that, via raiding a downed queen's core for infant unhatched witchling cores. Got a handful and took them back here to Darson. In the early experiments, we accidentally hatched one. The rest have stayed dormant and eventually dissected. Bezel saw a unique opportunity when the core hatched, so instead of clubbing it over the head and going back to experiments, she took it in and raised it.

So, that's how we got up there and back safely. She's still a bird and still has lasers, but she's very civilized."

Aldente: "That certainly is convenient. Have you approached the Second's territory yet? Assuming they're still around."
7419-12-13 Monday

Sat May 19, 2018 5:44 pm

"No, we didn't go nearly as far. A few dozen miles north of Maazo, that big island on the Northeast edge of the continent, then we headed back."

Sat May 19, 2018 5:48 pm
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"No, we didn't go nearly as far. A few dozen miles north of Maazo, that big island on the Northeast edge of the continent, then we headed back."

Aldente: "Mm. Anyways, I'm sure you want a status update.

I had a brief run-in with a Haste user that is probably the thief you're looking for. Did you know that Haste can be used in an anti-magic role?"

7419-12-13 Monday

Sat May 19, 2018 6:22 pm
Loose Canon

"What. Seriously? I, no, I had no idea. That's scary. Did you just learn this firsthand?"

Sat May 19, 2018 6:24 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"What. Seriously? I, no, I had no idea. That's scary. Did you just learn this firsthand?"

Aldente: "Yes. From what I can tell, a very thin field of localized time acceleration sweeping through pinches can destroy them, or at the very least scramble the flow of mana. I don't know if it applies to purely alterian structures, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

The thief is able to emit rapid acceleration pulses, effectively an anti-magic field. Stops telepathy, and probably stronger forms of magic.

They were staying in a boat shed along the coast, and quickly relocated with Haste before I could get close to the building."

7419-12-13 Monday

Sat May 19, 2018 6:33 pm

"...The rabbit hole goes deeper and deeper, doesn't it?

Think they left some sort of clue behind? Also, were you able to confirm if they really were your escapee?"

Sat May 19, 2018 6:41 pm
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"...The rabbit hole goes deeper and deeper, doesn't it?

Think they left some sort of clue behind? Also, were you able to confirm if they really were your escapee?"

Aldente: "Bloody white shirt and green pants. Guessing they changed their clothes - didn't actually see them."
7419-12-13 Monday

Sat May 19, 2018 8:33 pm

"So at least Valerie did hit her. Hmmm.

I'd wager we can't even count on her still being hurt, though. If she's got antimagic, haste, telepathy and light magic, accelerated healing would be child's play.

Is there anything this girl CAN'T do?"

Sat May 19, 2018 11:53 pm
Profile WWW

Areku wrote:
"So at least Valerie did hit her. Hmmm.

I'd wager we can't even count on her still being hurt, though. If she's got antimagic, haste, telepathy and light magic, accelerated healing would be child's play.

Is there anything this girl CAN'T do?"

She shrugs.

Aldente: "That's all I have so far. I'll continue searching with the resources allotted, but I don't expect to find out much more."
7419-12-13 Monday

Sun May 20, 2018 1:30 am

"Fair enough. It was a long shot, but at least we found out where she's been.

Hmmm. Maybe she plans on taking a boat out of here, but- Where to? Ugh."

>Eat spaghetti, ponder this development.

Sun May 20, 2018 1:52 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 379, 380, 381, 382, 383, 384, 385 ... 621  Next