View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:12 pm



Reply to topic  [ 6974 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 410, 411, 412, 413, 414, 415, 416 ... 465  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10486
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"You work fast! Let's hear it."


She pulls out a map and shows you a spot relatively close to Raena, to the North and a little West.

Matilda: "Hunters say this area has many drakes, very dangerous, but also ruins that do not look like our buildings. Could be something you are looking for."
7419-12-25 Saturday


Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:44 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Hm. Just drakes? Nothing bigger?"


Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:45 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10486
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hm. Just drakes? Nothing bigger?"


Matilda: "They did not say anything other than drakes, though it is not a well-traveled place, due to the drakes."
7419-12-25 Saturday


Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:30 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4522
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Well, that's somewhat promising. Did they have any ideas of what the ruins looked like - what sort of people might have built them, if they were lupus huts or the UEN's metal houses, et cetera?"

>Take the chance to mark the place on my map, write it down in logbook as well.


Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:46 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10486
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Well, that's somewhat promising. Did they have any ideas of what the ruins looked like - what sort of people might have built them, if they were lupus huts or the UEN's metal houses, et cetera?"

>Take the chance to mark the place on my map, write it down in logbook as well.


You record the spot on your map, and write some notes in your notebook.

Matilda: "They say there is stone, but they cannot get close enough for a good look, too dangerous. Not sure what kind of stone, covered in plants and stuff, but there are flat and angular parts, looks artificial."
7419-12-25 Saturday


Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:17 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4522
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Hmmm. It's definitely a start! Thank you for your help, Matilda."

>Finish the trade, start returning to Ingret for the trip to Darson.

"Well, see you soon. Next time, I'll bring some brick molds to trade with!"


Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:39 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10486
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Hmmm. It's definitely a start! Thank you for your help, Matilda."

>Finish the trade, start returning to Ingret for the trip to Darson.

"Well, see you soon. Next time, I'll bring some brick molds to trade with!"


Matilda: "I do not know what those are, but I will be eagerly waiting!"


Your group returns to Ingret after the trade items are all sorted out.

Ingret: "Time to go home?"


[Timeskip to Darson]
[Other]
7419-12-25 Saturday


Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:59 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4522
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Skip! Time to get this info back to HQ and prove to Bezel we can leave the house without dying horribly.


Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:05 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10486
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>Skip! Time to get this info back to HQ and prove to Bezel we can leave the house without dying horribly.



~


Sliding through the dark passage, you fall a few inches before landing feet-first on the warehouse floor.

Bezel and Claire are here to greet you, standing beside a table full of neatly wrapped sandwiches, bowls of soup, and a large cardboard jug of coffee.

Bezel: "Welcome back, good to see everyone in one piece."
7419-12-26 Sunday


Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:09 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4522
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Glad to see you haven't blown up the lab, either.


Trip went, very well! Though I fear we might uh, have accidentally bullied Dion a bit. Still, we got some valuable information, AND a new lead!"


Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:14 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10486
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Glad to see you haven't blown up the lab, either.


Trip went, very well! Though I fear we might uh, have accidentally bullied Dion a bit. Still, we got some valuable information, AND a new lead!"


Bezel: "I hope you didn't bully her too hard. What's this new lead?"

Everyone sits around the table and takes some sandwiches for themselves. You notice that Bezel is in her casual clothes instead of work clothes - though, it is Sunday.
7419-12-26 Sunday


Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:27 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4522
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"To be quite fair, we just told her what we knew and asked for her help. She's just... Uhm, a bit easy to scare. And I suppose, in a bit of a delicate position, if the villagers find out she's been lying to them about the offering's destination.

At any rate, we figured out what's happening with the red stone. It's not bottomless, she's actually using spirit magic to remotely send it. It was... Not as instant as we'd like, Ingret could keep up with the transmission for several miles. We plotted the course it was taking, and apparently the carrier spirit was headed to the islands on the far South - Specifically, towards the Daeli fortress. Dion later confirmed this information when questioned.

Apparently, there's one or more constructors - at least one of them female - living there, and using the mana to repair the old seawalls. Seems like there's been great waves tearing through the coast, possibly caused by leviathan activity, and the walls are the only thing protecting the continent. She said it's one of the reasons for the laserbirds to be pushing North so much - they know the land they inhabit is unstable, and seek places sheltered from the storm.

There were, a few things we were not able to identify precisely. How Dion is creating the spirits, for example, if she's related to the Daeli, how she's connected to a team on the other edge of the continent, so we asked if she'd like to make a deal for the information.

Apparently, the thing her group needs the most is mana, substantial quantities of it. She offered to answer all our questions if we could supply her with ten regenerating mana stones, of equivalent size to the one I'm carrying. That's uh, a lot of firepower if it came into the wrong hands, so I held off for the moment. I'm planning on visiting the island, seeing who these constructors are, and determining if their goal really is the protection of the continent.

If that's all true... Well, it depends on the team's approval, but I think we wouldn't miss a few stones."


Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:44 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 10486
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"To be quite fair, we just told her what we knew and asked for her help. She's just... Uhm, a bit easy to scare. And I suppose, in a bit of a delicate position, if the villagers find out she's been lying to them about the offering's destination.

At any rate, we figured out what's happening with the red stone. It's not bottomless, she's actually using spirit magic to remotely send it. It was... Not as instant as we'd like, Ingret could keep up with the transmission for several miles. We plotted the course it was taking, and apparently the carrier spirit was headed to the islands on the far South - Specifically, towards the Daeli fortress. Dion later confirmed this information when questioned.

Apparently, there's one or more constructors - at least one of them female - living there, and using the mana to repair the old seawalls. Seems like there's been great waves tearing through the coast, possibly caused by leviathan activity, and the walls are the only thing protecting the continent. She said it's one of the reasons for the laserbirds to be pushing North so much - they know the land they inhabit is unstable, and seek places sheltered from the storm.

There were, a few things we were not able to identify precisely. How Dion is creating the spirits, for example, if she's related to the Daeli, how she's connected to a team on the other edge of the continent, so we asked if she'd like to make a deal for the information.

Apparently, the thing her group needs the most is mana, substantial quantities of it. She offered to answer all our questions if we could supply her with ten regenerating mana stones, of equivalent size to the one I'm carrying. That's uh, a lot of firepower if it came into the wrong hands, so I held off for the moment. I'm planning on visiting the island, seeing who these constructors are, and determining if their goal really is the protection of the continent.

If that's all true... Well, it depends on the team's approval, but I think we wouldn't miss a few stones."



Claire: "We have plenty of cores to spare for this, but I would have to ask about giving them away. It's, still a lot of mana."

Bezel: "Island to the far south is far. Travel by air is dangerous, too easy for Ingret to be picked up on radar and shot at. By land is impractical.

By water would take a while.

Maybe one of the better leads we've had so far, though."

7419-12-26 Sunday


Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:06 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 4522
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Yeah, that's what I was considering. Ingret's more akin to an owl than a duck, but it wouldn't hurt to try. The sea's right next to us, after all. Maybe we could work on replicating the steambird's propulsion method.

Oh! Another thing. We asked around and traded a bit for information, and the local hunters knew of a set of manmade ruins, a llittle ways west of Raena. Seemed relatively untouched, as the drakes in the area keep most people away. It could be a good place for some actual excavation, assuming we can clear it of beasts.

And... This is, a bit of a hunch, but - Remember the oil rig lady that we talked about one? Constructor specialized in sea structures?
Does, anyone know her name, or where she's working at the moment?"


Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:12 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2991
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Yeah. Not sure how rapid it would be, or how improveable, but it could definitely be a long range mana transfer system. Maybe we'd need multiple techniques anyway, long distance transfer and smaller distance rapid transmission.

Ingret did say she could travel underwater. I'd like to do some testing first, but, that could be an option for actually getting out there safely.

Anyway, Matilda was very glad for all the trade goods too. I had her ask the hunters for if they knew of any nearby ruins. Wasn't sure what to trade for in terms of actual goods. She's already reported back one place, old stone ruins that are, drake infested. It's not ideal, but it could be a good spot for an actual field trip for the team.
Certainly a lot less dangerous than the other leads, if we have Ingret there to look fearsome."


Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:15 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 6974 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 410, 411, 412, 413, 414, 415, 416 ... 465  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.048s | 16 Queries | GZIP : Off ]