View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 284, 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290 ... 298  Next
 Nechronica 

Post Re: Nechronica
"This is not a relevant train of thought, but how did you get this idea to be a pirate? Have you sailed at all? Did you pick up the piratical honor code from a book, or did you always know?"

Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:13 am
Loose Canon

Different. Inbetween, both at once. I am, not sure anymore.
What is going on? I hear a faint warning, calling to the sea. But, this is... a dance?

Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:17 am
Profile WWW

EVENTS:

There is a pause, as the mud king seems to consider her words, but its response comes on a more confident tone, almost like... Comforting a scared child. With some effort, Rosa’s human mind manages to translate the echoing tones into vague feelings and words.

One day, One. Have patience.

We were warned, twice. Once from outside, then once from within ourselves. Another approaches. It devours and grows, and calls out in the true notes, but they do not form the Song. Another called it a Monster. Neither sound nor force will make it One.

Before it arrives, we dance to rejoin ourselves. Within our womb, not even it can go. One day, the storm will pass. We have patience.”

Sally’s scowl vanishes momentarily, and she takes on a proud, beaming air.

Sally: ”Hah, so ye know of the Code? Aye, the privateers an’ shipmasters of old were an impressive lot. Sailed from island to island, sea to sea even. Long ago, back ‘fore I made the mistake o’ dyin’ an’ givin’ birth to my dumb sisters, I read much about them, an’ sailed their ancient routes leeward an’ windward. The ocean was me playground! I might be shipwrecked now, but I still bring a sloop up the coast ev’ry other fortnight. One day, I’ll forge a mighty galleon worthy of me crew, an’ roam the watery vastness once again.”

Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:41 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Good. I was the one to call it a Monster.
I have seen it in person, it is a nightmare given flesh. You are many, but it is ravenous. Hide and be safe.
I have to fight it; it comes for me, and will only rest once it kills me.

Oh, and, the land dwellers are helping me to fight it. There are some stranded by your dance, may I pass around to retrieve them?

Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:05 am
Profile WWW

"You controlled a ship when you were alive?"

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:01 am

EVENTS:

Something changes slightly in the mud king’s tone, a low, cautionary growling echoing through its notes.

Beware. They are many, and different. Only safe if you make them One.

Sally’s eyeless face is incapable of looking away, but Klimt feels like she just did anyways.

Sally: ”Ah, yes. Something close to that.”

Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:57 am
Profile WWW

"A great fighting vessel? Cannons, radar domes, catapults for planes?"

Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:02 am
Loose Canon

Yes. I am familiar. Part of their charm.
Strange or not, better than the demon.

> Return to Eigla.
"They are, dancing. To merge, and hide from the meatblob. They are so different from us.
It worries me.
We can go collect the scout team now."

Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:10 am
Profile WWW

"If they can sense it, it must be close. We should expect it to be here very soon."

> Follow Rosa, or ride on RosaShark if the mud is too deep.

Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:15 am

EVENTS:

Finding the road too flooded to walk through safely, Eigla climbs on top of BigRosa, sitting down next to the stowed zombike. Together, they make their way across the procession, trundling towards the old seawall. It is slightly disconcerting to pass unmolested by the normally murderous creatures, even as they occasionally stop to touch and observe Rosa.

As they move closer and closer to shore, the waves seem to grow stronger, lapping at Bigrosa’s knees. She feels her legs heat up and itch, the armor plates growing uncomfortably tight around them. The mud kings’ movements are bringing them towards a specific spot on the beach, where they pile up against one another, bodies pulsating and shivering rhythmically as they melt together and slowly flow out to sea.

Eventually, the indistinct seawall presents itself amid the mist. One of Sally’s armored vehicles seems to be parked atop the structure, though it’s hard to see if there’s any occupants from this distance.

Meanwhile, Sally continues to answer Klimt’s questions.

Sally: ”...Well. Uh, we, had, some guns, but the rest of the convoy had the actual cannons. And, uh, I am told there’d been a flight deck once, but when I lived there it had been, turned into a field for growing food, and stuff. A pirate’s life be hard and thankless, ye know! Sacrifices have t’be made!”

Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:59 am
Profile WWW

"Yes, when you're part of a crew, you have to do your part for the ship however you are able.

Since I have no ship, my loyalty is then to the crew, in which I have a distinct place. And I recognize that there's a crew member marooned in unknown territory now. You see why I'm not inclined to leave this rig, then? Call me a coward if you wish, but I know better than to leave somebody behind while rushing off where I cannot help. To each their own task."

Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:41 am

EVENTS:

Sally looks confused for a moment, frowning.

Sally: ”Marooned? Ye mean-

Oh. The noggin-belly wench. She... Hm. I see. Hm.”

She gets up from her perch and walks off, seemingly having lost the desire to argue.

Klimt feels a poke on the back of his neck, and turns his head to listen to Peggy’s whisper.

Peggy: ”...Thanks.”

Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:58 am
Profile WWW

"Think I might have struck a nerve. Let's see if she's going anywhere in particular, but I won't tail her too closely - in case she reconsiders."

Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:05 am

> Try to stand on a high point on RosaShark to make myself visible, and wave to the truck.

"HEEELLLOOOOOOO!"

Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:16 am
Loose Canon

> Hm. Yes, let Eigla take the lead here.
How do you all feel?

Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:04 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 284, 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290 ... 298  Next