View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:28 pm



Reply to topic  [ 9356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 500, 501, 502, 503, 504, 505, 506 ... 624  Next
 World Reader 
Author Message
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Ah, I see. Okay. For now, keep an eye on them. I'm glad to know at least someone can function as a check on them.
Not sure if they actually realize that you can see them. Probably do. Have you noticed any telepathy trying to affect you?"


Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:05 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11839
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Ah, I see. Okay. For now, keep an eye on them. I'm glad to know at least someone can function as a check on them.
Not sure if they actually realize that you can see them. Probably do. Have you noticed any telepathy trying to affect you?"


Evelyn: "One poked me and I felt something weird, but I'm not sure if it was telepathy. They didn't try to do anything to me after that.

And what's this about schals?"

7420-01-24 Monday


Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:17 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"Well, I mentioned the madness in the ruins to them the other day. And apparently, it matches the description of a breed of dangerous bodysnatcher schals that they thought had been wiped out a long time ago. Specifically, wiped out personally by them.
Normally schals are just scavengers, but these ones could implant in living people and take over.
So, now they're in a tizzy doing scans and making sure there isn't going to be a ribbon-monster infection breaking out in Darson. I doubt they'll make a move on the ruins themselves though, at least not any time soon."


Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:07 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5024
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"Well, I mentioned the madness in the ruins to her the other day. And apparently, it matches the description of a breed of dangerous bodysnatcher schals that she thought had been wiped out a long time ago. Specifically, wiped out by her family.
Normally schals are just scavengers, but these ones could implant in living people and take over.
So, now she must be in a tizzy doing scans and making sure there isn't going to be a ribbon-monster infection breaking out in Darson.

I doubt she'll make a move on the ruins themselves though, at least not without letting me know. She’s much more suited to covert operations, rather than beast hunting."


Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:24 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11839
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
"Well, I mentioned the madness in the ruins to her the other day. And apparently, it matches the description of a breed of dangerous bodysnatcher schals that she thought had been wiped out a long time ago. Specifically, wiped out by her family.
Normally schals are just scavengers, but these ones could implant in living people and take over.
So, now she must be in a tizzy doing scans and making sure there isn't going to be a ribbon-monster infection breaking out in Darson.

I doubt she'll make a move on the ruins themselves though, at least not without letting me know. She’s much more suited to covert operations, rather than beast hunting."


Evelyn: "I, see."


Valerie: "Is she registered in the Guild?"
7420-01-24 Monday


Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5024
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
”She herself? I very much doubt it. But it wouldn’t surprise me if one of her dolls got in under a fake identity.”

She’s uh, very private.”


Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:56 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11839
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
”She herself? I very much doubt it. But it wouldn’t surprise me if one of her dolls got in under a fake identity.”

She’s uh, very private.”


Valerie: "Interesting."


It looks like that's all the expedition team has to say for now.

Time to update them on your current plans?
7420-01-24 Monday


Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:33 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5024
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
”...Please don’t try to bounty hunt her, Valerie.


ANYWAYS! As you probably already know, our next expedition will have to wait until Claire is back with more information. In the meantime, I’d like you to read up on schals and find out what sort of equipment you’d like to bring to deal with them, in case my source’s hunch is correct and we’re actually facing some sort of telepathic tape king.

As for me, I’ll work on the Ardour manuscript - get it dated, and I have a few acquaintances that could help with codebreaking it, or at least figuring out what sort of interface the witch control systems use.

Any questions?”


Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:47 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11839
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
”...Please don’t try to bounty hunt her, Valerie.


ANYWAYS! As you probably already know, our next expedition will have to wait until Claire is back with more information. In the meantime, I’d like you to read up on schals and find out what sort of equipment you’d like to bring to deal with them, in case my source’s hunch is correct and we’re actually facing some sort of telepathic tape king.

As for me, I’ll work on the Ardour manuscript - get it dated, and I have a few acquaintances that could help with codebreaking it, or at least figuring out what sort of interface the witch control systems use.

Any questions?”


Oliver: "Shouldn't we be talkin' with your friend about the schals? Considerin' her family's a pro at killin' 'em."
7420-01-24 Monday


Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:51 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5024
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>Pause. Think for a moment.

“...Hm.

As I said before, she is very private. So much so, that she’s chosen to keep her collaboration with UC strictly unofficial, when we’ve otherwise managed to make formal agreements with witches and even exiled Daeli. So, I don’t think she’ll be too keen on meeting up a larger team.

On the other hand, she IS the one with the most experience in this subject, and it seems she’s invested enough to have her minions out and about during daytime. We might be able to reach a compromise. Though, I’m sure you’ll understand she’ll expect significant discretion.


Evelyn, did you see any of the masked women within walking distance? I’ll try to give her a call.”


Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:26 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
"I've, tried to keep my distance. Not all my history with her is good. She is also hard to work with.

But... If she's worked up this much about the schals, I think it's serious. Enough so that it should be fine to ask her. Or at least tolerable.
Yeah.
I don't think we can get any direct collaboration, but I'll ask her to draw up some info for us. That should give us something to train and construct with while we wait for Claire."


Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:13 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11839
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"I've, tried to keep my distance. Not all my history with her is good. She is also hard to work with.

But... If she's worked up this much about the schals, I think it's serious. Enough so that it should be fine to ask her. Or at least tolerable.
Yeah.
I don't think we can get any direct collaboration, but I'll ask her to draw up some info for us. That should give us something to train and construct with while we wait for Claire."


Oliver: "Aight."


That seems like all of their questions!


[Get the Ardour Manuscript pages dated (Timeskippable)]
[Go see Opera]
[Go see Aldente]
[Other]
7420-01-24 Monday


Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:40 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5024
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
>First things first, let's send the manuscript off to dating. We've postponed this enough.


>Second, go back to see the expedition team, specifically Evelyn. Ask her to point us towards the closest invisidoll, as presumably that's the fastest way of Contacting Aldente.


Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:46 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
Areku wrote:
>First things first, let's send the manuscript off to dating. We've postponed this enough.


>Second, go find the closest invisidoll, as presumably that's the fastest way of Contacting Aldente.


Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:10 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 11839
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
>First things first, let's send the manuscript off to dating. We've postponed this enough.


>Second, go find the closest invisidoll, as presumably that's the fastest way of Contacting Aldente.


First, you head into your assigned cleanroom all suited-up and go through the process of opening one of the sealed glass plates, carefully pulling out an unmarked fragment, storing it, and resealing the plate.

You take the cased fragment to the University of Darson, meeting up with one of your old companions to get the sample dated.

~

Once you leave the University, you walk around town a bit until you see one of the masked Aldente dolls, walking down the sidewalk and casually poking everyone it passes. Guess they're not cloaked to you, and you just haven't come across any previously.
7420-01-24 Monday


Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:19 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 9356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 500, 501, 502, 503, 504, 505, 506 ... 624  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.042s | 16 Queries | GZIP : Off ]