View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 762 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 51  Next
 Legends of the Sky - Six and One 
Loose Canon

Post Re: Legends of the Sky - Six and One
CaveCricket48 wrote:
> Skip to morning

~~~

You wake up from the sun hitting your face. After dinner the talk and activity petered out, and everyone went to sleep with you, Frederic, and Leon taking shifts on the watch.
The forest is quiet, and the sun is a bit above the horizon, light making it through only small gaps in the trees in bright, sharp beams. Crawling out of your bedroll, Leon greets you from his seat by the embers of the fire.

Leon: "Mornin'. Uneventful night. Just dark and quiet for hours.
Can you get a pan of bacon going? That'll wake everyone up."

He gets up and starts pulling apart small branches to kindle the fire before waiting for a response.

Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:00 am
Profile WWW

"Sure."

> Make sure knife and gun are on belt, and gun is loaded.

Get to cooking!

Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:39 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Sure."

> Make sure knife and gun are on belt, and gun is loaded.

Get to cooking!

You get yourself up, smack yourself awake, and grab your weapon belt next to your bedroll. Gun still there, knife still there, ammo still there, good.
Grabbing the pan from last night and making sure it's clean enough, you root around in Frederic's big pack for the food. It's a standard tall, deep canvas and leather bag full of camping and wilderness gear and rations, including foods. Jerkies, cheeses, breads, dried fruit... Wow, Fred stocked up. No bacon though.
To one side, there is a wooden box with a strong latch on it, about as long as your arm and wide as your hand, labeled "Icebox". Huh... No, that'd be silly, iceboxes are big, and expensive, and live in kitchens. But...
Just in case, you pull the box out and crack it open, and-
Oh wow, it IS an icebox, it's COLD inside! That's new. Moving quick to keep the cold in, you grab a wrapped and twined package labeled "back bacon" and shut the box again.

Within a few minutes and with Leon's help on the fire, you've got a pan full of rashers sizzling and spreading an enticing scent. It doesn't take long for most of the others to stir with this in the air, and they begin getting up and waking themselves. Leon seems to have dozed off again while waiting, he was the last one on watch after all.
Karina: "Mmm... smells good... did we bring that?"

Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:26 am
Profile WWW

"Yup, Frederick brought it. Hopefully he's alright with us cookin' it for breakfast."

Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:09 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Yup, Frederick brought it. Hopefully he's alright with us cookin' it for breakfast."

Karina: "Mm, iss fine. It was in an icebox right? Would go bad in a few days if it's fresh then. He would have us eat that first. Probably last night if the other guys didn't whip out their meat first.
Oh right, he's still asleep is'n he? Sleeps like a mountain."

She sways away at that and goes to push Frederic in his bedroll until he wakes up. Which, actually takes a fair bit of time. She wasn't kidding about him sleeping like a mountain.

After everyone has breakfast and wakes themselves up, you all get your gear together and ready for another exciting day of standing watch.

Jacik: "Alright, day two. The trees have been cooperative, I think we'll be done some around 3.
You know... I know the job was only for this one grove. But Jason saw another a bit further up the hill. It's rare to be this lucky with the trees like that.
If you're up for it, would you be willing to stay another day or two and scope out those too? I can probably get you a bit more than double the pay, with what we'd be saving on making a second trip up here."

Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:32 am
Profile WWW

"Sounds like that'll be the part when the monsters start rollin' in.

I'm up for it if the rest of you guys are."

Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:33 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Sounds like that'll be the part when the monsters start rollin' in.

I'm up for it if the rest of you guys are."

Frederic: "Good safe paying work isn't always easy to find. I'm certainly up for it."
Leon: "Yeah, I can entertain myself for another round of this."
Karina: "Aaaaa do we have toooo?"
Frederic: "You can't always fall back on your family, Karina. Like I said, being an adventurer isn't always adventurous. Just be happy no one is bleeding this time."
Karina: ...mrgrgr... okay, fine. I'll stay."

Jacik: "Great! We'll camp up near that grove tonight then."
And with that, you all get back to work, standing around while the surveyors survey. This time you're paired with Karina by the camp, while Leon and Fred take the far edges.
Karina is still pouting a bit, and frequently looks back into the trees whenever the squirrels chitter, trying to catch a glimpse of them.

[ Timeskip ]
[ Talk to Karina ]
[ Other ]

Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:28 am
Profile WWW

> Be on the lookout. Occasionally slowly pick through leaves on the ground, looking for slugs.

"So. You like nature?"

Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:47 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
> Be on the lookout. Occasionally slowly pick through leaves on the ground, looking for slugs.

"So. You like nature?"

You keep on the lookout, for threats and also slugs.
None of either at the moment, but you DO see a black millipede cross your path. Much cuter than centipedes.

Karina: "Hm? Oh, um, a bit. My papa never let me leave the city much, so I didn't get to see much nature unless I snuck out.
I've only been this far away from civilization like this once before, when I met Frederic. Hiking is hard. But the forest is such a fresh experience!
Mostly I wanna see these squirrels though. Squirrel monsters! I wonder what their magic is like."

Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:32 pm
Profile WWW

"Do you like squirrels in particular?"

Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:52 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
"Do you like squirrels in particular?"

Karina: "Ehhh, more of a dog person...
They're just the most interesting thing around. Playing with them would be fun though! I've never met a monster before, even if they are small ones."

There's a rustle from the leaves above you, and both of you look up. There, looking straight at you, is a lone brown squirrel, bushy tailed and alert. In the corner of your eye, Karina goes stock still.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:12 am
Profile WWW

> Stare at it, slowly cock gun.

"Things just got a little, hairy."

> Prepare to shoot if it turns aggressive.

Else just stare at it.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:15 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
> Stare at it, slowly cock gun.

"Things just got a little, hairy."

> Prepare to shoot if it turns aggressive.

Else just stare at it.

Karina: "Shshsh"
The squirrel is now closely watching you after you make the move with your gun, but it maintains its perch on the tree.

Then, Karina starts making small noises with her mouth, halfway between clicking and tutting. The squirrel switches attention back to her, watches for a moment, then makes a small hop towards the tree trunk. Karina keeps going, and after a moment the squirrel moves again.
This continues, with it making small bursts of movement towards the ground every few seconds, and stopping dead still and waiting between them. Eventually, it reaches the ground, and Karina slowly kneels down, extending a hand to the ground.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:28 am
Profile WWW

> Get ready to BARRIER between Karina and the VILE MONSTER if it suddenly attacks.

Else, watch carefully. Keep my ears out for potential unseen dangers slinking around in the bushes.

Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:13 am
Loose Canon

CaveCricket48 wrote:
> Get ready to BARRIER between Karina and the VILE MONSTER if it suddenly attacks.

Else, watch carefully. Keep my ears out for potential unseen dangers slinking around in the bushes.

You silently prep the spell, ready to inject it with mana at a moment's notice.

Karina: "C'mon... issokay, I'm friendly... it's safe..."

The squirrel inches forward again, pauses, looks around, then climbs onto her hand. She carefully lifts the squirrel up as it sniffs her hand and looks around from its new perch on her hand.
You let the shield spell fade away, clearly no threat here, as Karina looks over at you beaming happily. She turns her attention back to the squirrel and gently strokes along its head and back as it seems to calm down.
Karina: "Gram! Gram it's so cute! Do you wanna pet it?"

Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:35 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 762 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 51  Next