View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 31, 2020 12:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 10699 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 665, 666, 667, 668, 669, 670, 671 ... 714  Next
 World Reader 

Post Re: World Reader
TorrentHKU wrote:
"...Ah! The big guy, I think? Yeah... Hm, kinda a big ask, but might be cheaper than trying to buy a truck up here. I think we'll have to go back home either way, either to get funds or to talk to the other team. Hmm...
Well let's go find a dealership first I suppose. No sense flying back home before we know what we're asking for. Val, Fred, either of you know anything about offroad trucks?"

Valerie: "I do not."

Frederick: "Neither do I."
7420-04-02 Tuesday

Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:57 am
Loose Canon

"Alright, neither do I. Let's go shopping then."
> To the truck store! Let's get a feel for their cost. We're looking for something with space for four, plus a lot of provisions and supplies. Ordinarily I'd say we could just hold that in Aphelia, but if we go to Vallis then we'll have to leave that behind.

Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:18 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Alright, neither do I. Let's go shopping then."

Your team gets up to leave the common room, but you see Bezel pop her head out of her room, curious.

Bezel: "Shopping?"
7420-04-02 Tuesday

Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:53 am
Loose Canon

"Truck shopping! Short version, I think we should go to Vallis and Castellum I next to look for Artifacts and appreciate the History. But they aren't nearly as tolerant of witches as Vellum has been, so taking Ingret is a bad bad idea. So, a truck.
Entering Vallis will be its own problem, but I'm hoping we can find a way around that in Bordello to the east of here."

Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:58 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Truck shopping! Short version, I think we should go to Vallis and Castellum I next to look for Artifacts and appreciate the History. But they aren't nearly as tolerant of witches as Vellum has been, so taking Ingret is a bad bad idea. So, a truck.
Entering Vallis will be its own problem, but I'm hoping we can find a way around that in Bordello to the east of here."

Her eyes slightly narrow, and her head cocks to the side ever so slightly.

You've known her long enough now to know that she has, Ideas.

She blinks once and she's back to her seemingly blank expression, but you can tell she's barely suppressing a grin.

Bezel: "Mind if I tag along?"
7420-04-02 Tuesday

Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:08 am
Loose Canon

"Sure. We're just window shopping for now."

Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:27 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Sure."

Bezel: "Lemme grab something real quick."

~

You, Bezel, and the expedition team step onto the lot of the dealership. A large number of vehicles are on display, but they seem to only consist of maybe four distinct designs.

Walking into the dealership itself, you're greeted by a well-dressed salesman.

Salesman: "Good afternoon! What can I do for you?"
7420-04-02 Tuesday

Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:15 pm
Loose Canon

"Hi, we're looking for a truck. One for long distance inter-city and maybe even off road travel.
We'll need to fit, mm, half a dozen people plus supplies. Got anything like that?"

Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:05 pm
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Hi, we're looking for a truck. One for long distance inter-city and maybe even off road travel.
We'll need to fit, mm, half a dozen people plus supplies. Got anything like that?"

Salesman: "We've got just the truck for you! If you'll come this way."

Your party follows him across the display floor, passing several expensive looking cars until you reach a somewhat large, blocky truck that sits higher above the ground than others, with beefy shock springs visible. The top half consists of sturdy exposed frame, a roof with low-lying bars for strapping things to the top, and no windows.

Salesman: "This is the Explorer, specifically built for rugged off-road use, same model we sell to the army. Four doors, drop-down trunk door, seats six total, three in front, three in back. Trunk can be converted into even more seating for another three. Four-wheel drive, 250 deer-power insulated engine, and powerful headlights, and you can get a lightbar add-on for even more light output."

Bezel slowly walks around the vehicle, looking at it with great scrutiny.

Bezel: "This one fit the bill?"
7420-04-02 Tuesday

Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:26 pm
Loose Canon

"Yeah, all sounds pretty solid. If the military is happy with it, I'm betting we be will too."

Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:25 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"Yeah, all sounds pretty solid. If the military is happy with it, I'm betting we be will too."

Bezel turns to the salesman -

Bezel: "Can we take it for a test drive?"

Salesman: "Of course! Can I just see your license?"

She pulls a card out of her pocket and shows it to him, who gives it a quick glance and then nods.

Salesman: "If you'll follow me out to the lot, we'll find one for you to test drive."

As everyone follows the Salesman, Bezel casually turns to you and flashes a sly grin.

~

At the truck, the Salesman pops open the trunk and sets up the three optional seats, and everyone boards the vehicle, with Bezel at the driver's seat, you right beside her, and the Salesman in shotgun.

After Bezel hits the switch to start the engine, she crosses her arms and leans back in the seat, concentrating with her eyes closed.

Salesman: "Getting a feel for the sound?"

Bezel: "You could say that."

Salesman: "It's a powerful engine, but there's plenty of dampening around it, not louder than a typical car."

After a minute, Bezel opens her eyes and puts the truck into drive, and drives it around the area for a few minutes.

~

Back in the dealership lot, your party exits the vehicle.

Bezel: "Thanks, I think we've found what we're looking for. We'll be back in a few days to pick it up."

Salesman: "Excellent! I'll see you then!"

~

Back in the condo, the expedition team seems a bit confused.

Meanwhile, Bezel is standing by a wall, facing away from you and shaking as she silently laughs.
7420-04-02 Tuesday

Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:56 am
Loose Canon

"You know, that salesman is going to be very disappointed when he realizes that juicy sale never existed."

Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:59 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"You know, that salesman is going to be very disappointed when he realizes that juicy sale never existed."

Bezel spins around with a flourish and a smile. Closing her eyes, she crosses her arms, and HM paper begins materializing in front of her. A stack of large blueprints, filled with drawings and measurements of detailed mechanical parts.

Catching the stack of papers, she hands them to you.

Bezel: "Give those to William, and tell him about your vehicle needs."

William - the ex-automotive engineer constructor on Bezel's team, if you're remembering correctly.
7420-04-02 Tuesday

Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:07 am
Loose Canon

"I'm honestly most impressed that you managed to analyze an entire truck and memorize blueprint quality measurements in like, a minute."

Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:59 am
Profile WWW

TorrentHKU wrote:
"I'm honestly most impressed that you managed to analyze an entire truck and memorize blueprint quality measurements in like, a minute."

Bezel: "I was actually scanning the entirety of the test drive, had to punch a few holes in the insulation first. Measurements are also only down to the millimeter, so you'll need William to get them exact and figure out the tolerances."
7420-04-02 Tuesday

Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 10699 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 665, 666, 667, 668, 669, 670, 671 ... 714  Next