View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Gmod... will I be able to install it? 

it will work thats what i do

Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:31 pm

Of course, if you have an ATI Radeon card, there's that "HL2:DM and HL2:LC for free" offer on at the moment... and at least one of those uses the source engine.

Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:41 pm
Profile WWW

Pay 25 dollars. That gives you CSS and gmod10. It will run on a pirated hl2 because the files are there. And the only reason gm10 won't go online when pirated is that valve checks if you own THAT GAME. Not hl2 or css or dm.

Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:36 pm

Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:47 pm

You need Half Life 2, Counter Strike: Source, and Day of Defeat: Source, to get the full amount of crap for Gmod. If you don't have DoD (Day of Defeat) like me, you won't be able to use any of its content. Basically, you need at least one of them to be able to spawn props, ragdolls, and effects from each of the games. I suppose you could play with just HL2, BUT you would'n't be able to use, see, or in any other way, shape, or form use the CSS or DoD stuff. That being said, many of the better mods and gamemodes for Gmod require that you put your characters in-game name and SteamID into a text document called "users.txt", so using a pirated version will cause amazing nothingness to happen when you try to use the mod or gamemode (It won't work.) My advice: Either buy them all in a bundle, since Valve has them all the time, OR wait for Half Life 2: Episode 2 to be released and get orange box. (Half Life 2, HL2: Episode 1, HL2: Episode 2, Team Fortress 2, and Portal)

EDIT: Actually, about the pirated stuff, it might work, but I actually bought the stuff, so I don't know.

Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:04 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Gmod... will I be able to install it?
Skiv wrote:
Yeah.. I'm willing to buy GMOD 10 (finaly!) but I have a problem... I don't WANT to buy original half-life that costs 25$ (it's a ♥♥♥♥ load of money for me) so My question is... will I be able to install GMOD 10 od a pirated Half-Life 2?
Please answer me quickly..

you dont need to, when you buy it steam gives you a preloaded copy of hl2 for the engine and models, etc. i got it i know

Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:23 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Gmod... will I be able to install it?
Skiv wrote:
Yeah.. I'm willing to buy GMOD 10 (finaly!) but I have a problem... I don't WANT to buy original half-life that costs 25$ (it's a ♥♥♥♥ load of money for me) so My question is... will I be able to install GMOD 10 od a pirated Half-Life 2?
Please answer me quickly..

SHAME ON YOU.
Don't pirate...

Be a pirate! (JOKE.)

But seriously, don't pirate stuff. Can't afford it, earn money!

Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2