View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Mission: Front Line at Menou 

Post Re: Mission: Front Line at Menou
A nice mission, but two bugs:

The dropship that brings in your first guy isn't on the player's team, and if you go into the buy menu or otherwise switch from that actor, he will shoot down the dropship

The dummies that are dropped in by dropship don't move, they just stand around like idle goons. One did go down into the brain bunker though.

Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:44 pm

Morbo!!! wrote:
A nice mission, but two bugs:

The dropship that brings in your first guy isn't on the player's team, and if you go into the buy menu or otherwise switch from that actor, he will shoot down the dropship

The dummies that are dropped in by dropship don't move, they just stand around like idle goons. One did go down into the brain bunker though.

Dropship isnt on your team because then you could take control of it, and my dummies walk around, dont know about anyone elses though

Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:52 am

Overkill.

Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:36 am
Profile WWW

Lol, I love how the opressor looks like a king kong peeking into the small room to find its prey. : p

I tested this mission and it wasn't really too amazing. You practically left the entire half of the scene unused. The base should be much larger with multiple corridors, storage bays, giant hangars, mining shafts, ventilation shafts and other stuff to make it interesting and awesome. Maybe even custom content like exploding barrels, mining drills, shield walls or something. Its just too plain right now.

And the other dummies that land in the canyon just stay still there after dropping out of the craft. Only few of them go forth.

Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:15 pm

Here's what I think could use fixing (This thing is way way way WAY too easy):
  • Either move that hangar or get rid of it. Seriously. You might as well have put a big hole there. It probably would have made it harder (Don't do that). The thing that looks like it would be best to do is to just make that hill into a hill without any modules sunk into it or make a hole in it.
  • Put those two dummies down there in more appropriate places. Seriously, who ever heard of a sniper waiting at the bottom of a hill for it's prey? I mean, put the guy higher up or something. The blaster dummy is fine, but make it easier for the re-enforcements to get out of there. Right now, they seem to just be forming up down there for no reason except to be used to blow up and get weapons.
  • I can't stress this point enough. Please, if it's possible, change the drop ship to a drop crate. I can't tell you how many times the darn thing dropped me and made me explode. It tends to get annoying.
  • Don't leave those two dummies looking at each other through those bunker things in the shaft you're supposed to go down. I've never heard of an enemy who decided it would be a good tactic to put one person on both sides of one of those.
None of those should really be that hard to do. It doesn't require any coding that isn't demonstrated in Malagar's code, so it should be pretty simple.

Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:53 pm

Ultric wrote:
Here's what I think could use fixing (This thing is way way way WAY too easy):
  • Either move that hangar or get rid of it. Seriously. You might as well have put a big hole there. It probably would have made it harder (Don't do that). The thing that looks like it would be best to do is to just make that hill into a hill without any modules sunk into it or make a hole in it.
  • Put those two dummies down there in more appropriate places. Seriously, who ever heard of a sniper waiting at the bottom of a hill for it's prey? I mean, put the guy higher up or something. The blaster dummy is fine, but make it easier for the re-enforcements to get out of there. Right now, they seem to just be forming up down there for no reason except to be used to blow up and get weapons.
  • I can't stress this point enough. Please, if it's possible, change the drop ship to a drop crate. I can't tell you how many times the darn thing dropped me and made me explode. It tends to get annoying.
  • Don't leave those two dummies looking at each other through those bunker things in the shaft you're supposed to go down. I've never heard of an enemy who decided it would be a good tactic to put one person on both sides of one of those.
None of those should really be that hard to do. It doesn't require any coding that isn't demonstrated in Malagar's code, so it should be pretty simple.

I'm getting there! At the moment I'm trying to get my modules working.
I will do all of that stuff though. Thanks for the suggestions/requests.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:34 am

There is a big problem: When I first start out, a drop box drops but nothing comes out. I have zero money and nothing happens.

There is also no gold anywhere...

Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:34 pm

well nice map just needs more(MUCH MORE) and is a little to easy.i would recomend making the base cover up the whole map to make it look and play better.

Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:11 pm

duo9ace wrote:
There is a big problem: When I first start out, a drop box drops but nothing comes out. I have zero money and nothing happens.

There is also no gold anywhere...

I have the same problem. The dropbox does nothing. I've restarted the mission multiple times with the same thing happening every time.

Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:22 am

im having the same problem as the two above... nothing comes, and this mission basically does nothing...

Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:05 am
Profile WWW

Im having a big'ass issue EVERY TIME THE MISSION STARTS THE GODDAMN'D DROP CRATE THAT CARRIES YOUR TROOPS IS NOT ON YOUR TEAM SO YOU CANT ISSUE SCUTTLE MEANING THAT EVERYTIME I PLAY IM FORCED TO DEAL WITH IT STUCK AT THE GROUND, This mission has a shitload of bugs. you have lost 1dl....

Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:01 pm

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
jangorulz wrote:
Im having a big'ass issue EVERY TIME THE MISSION STARTS THE GODDAMN'D DROP CRATE THAT CARRIES YOUR TROOPS IS NOT ON YOUR TEAM SO YOU CANT ISSUE SCUTTLE MEANING THAT EVERYTIME I PLAY IM FORCED TO DEAL WITH IT STUCK AT THE GROUND, This mission has a shitload of bugs. you have lost 1dl....

So, because... you downloaded it and it didn't work, you're going back in time to un-download it? Doesn't that create some kind of T-T-T-TIME PARADOX?

Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:49 pm

Someone fix it please because I can't do any kind of modding at all.

You get cookies?

Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:24 pm

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
Cease thy whinging, infidels!

Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:37 pm

well the good thing is its great for scene editor maps!

Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next