View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Mission: Assassination 

Post Re: Mission: Assassination
hmm... I liked it. good work!

Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:49 pm
Banned

The Decaying Soldat wrote:
VERY good work there. I cannot wait to have a full IG mod. But two things:

1. Lasgun don't work like that, at least the effects should be a beam of instantaneous laser. And it should not have recoil. Also, sight range is too long which makes it a sniper(but we can leave balance to later).

2. Guardsman is too big compared to vanilla stuff.

WTF???

Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:10 pm

He posted in the wrong thread :v

Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:12 pm

Glad you guys liked it. Multilayer is not a high priority for me right now, sorry.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:14 pm

how about a stealth only version of this map? or a map that it stealth based. i tried to change the player actor to a weakest DarkStorm unit without weapons (oh well knife only) it's fun as hell to play it that way. little bit hard maybe.

also it would be much easier if you multiplyed the ventilation size by 1.5 because it's a suicide to crawl in them holding a grenade right now.
(you probably don't care so just ignore it)

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:55 pm
Banned

He didn't make the vents. The creator has long been lost in the mists of time, but Electroclan updated them for b22.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:28 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Actually, I'm pretty sure the current version is entirely by Electroclan. He may have been inspired by someone else's stuff, though.
In theory, with a lot of editing, you could make them larger, but it's a pain. They wouldn't fit well with the current bunker modules.
faijj, I'll have to give this a try later. Unfortunately, my copy of CC has gone kaput for now and I don't have the time to fix it. Next build (assuming you update it) I should be able to try it :P

Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:52 pm
Profile WWW

I tried it out and it's a little too hard.
What?

Okay, I suck at Cortex Command.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:15 pm
Profile WWW

I came to this page, downloaded this map, played, came here to post about it, then realized I'd forgotten my password, got an email sent, spend a good long time trying to remember which email I had when I signed up here and finally I came here and started typing.

All that for the sole purpose of posting here.

This map is genius. I imagine this is what Hitman would be like if you kept trying to sneak into those restricted areas with worthless weapons and no disguise.

(I might try that later)

But, the real problem was that I only had the demo version- I'd forgotten my regcode (I'll get it later). So I was stuck with a 6 minute time limit.

After alot of work I finally did it through a mix of dumb luck and strategic thinking (from playing far too much hitman, probably.)

I jumped up to the ceiling above the door at the beginning and blind fired over in the direction of the snipers until both of them were dead. If both rifles were broken, I'd restart (this happened ALOT)

I grabbed the shovel and a sniper, broke through the air vent on the other side of the building and snuck down to the room with the first leader. I stuck my sniper through the air vent and headshotted him, then turned around and crawled back out. (If I got stuck, I'd dig myself out with the shovel. The shovel is a godsend.)

I kept the shovel out and jumped over the boxes, landing on the female ronins head with plenty of shovel. I sniped out the guy with the rifle and the sniper in the tower. I jetpacked up and grabbed the heavy rifle.

What I was supposed to do was snipe out the second leader and escape by getting out of the tower and taking a way around, but every time this one friggen Ronin headshotted me. On my last go, I figured I'd get the Ronin for good with the shovel. Turns out the shovel isn't entirely silent, so I dived to the side and aimed for the leader- And only hit his gun. Lucky, I also hit the guy behind him. Basically, there were now only two enemies in my way. The leader, who was unarmed, and one armed ronin. Who was looking the wrong way.

Sniped them both and dropped all of my weapons for no real reason before smashing open the air vent with the shovel and escaping off into the underground sunset.

Me and the shovel were married soon after, until it was revealed that the shovel was having an affair with a pitchfork.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:54 pm

Good work faijj!
Imho, the map really need more grenades!

Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:05 am
Banned

3 solid wrote:
Me and the shovel were married soon after, until it was revealed that the shovel was having an affair with a pitchfork.

Dude, that is so worthy of a sig quote.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:00 pm

bump to repost file svp

Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:37 pm
Profile WWW

somebody re-upload the tile please. the link says the file has been removed and i wanna play this :-o

Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:22 am
Profile WWW

Upload'd

Attachments:
File comment: Somewhat anon delivers.
assassination.rte.rar [230.6 KiB]
Downloaded 289 times
Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:36 am
Profile WWW

this mission is sex. make more sex please.

(thanks for the re upload)

edit: that sh!t is hard! i always cut my legs off when i try to dig with the shovel. is there any way to prevent this?

Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:33 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next