View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 What do you like better? Balance or insane destruction? 

Whats better? balance or superweapons?
Superweapons, i like explosions. 24%  24%  [ 14 ]
Balance, i like a challenge AND explosions 76%  76%  [ 45 ]
Total votes : 59

What do you like better? Balance or insane destruction? 

Post What do you like better? Balance or insane destruction?
So ya, i was just wondering what people would prefer, balance or over powered superweapons.

I prefer balance myself, and i tweaked all my mods for balance. O, and you guys know perch's map, how the concrete is completely indestructible? well, i found something cool, if you wanted a suprise attack, you could use my patented "detpack", coded by Fearful Ferret, sprited and tweaked by me. But anyway, its soooo cool to dig a one way tunnel and all of a sudden your troops just blast a wall into your enemys base and come streaming out. Anyway, thats all for my ranting, so just tell us what you prefer.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:09 am

Both I keep several installs of CC on my computer
1 for balance
2 for Hell
3 for checking out suspicious files

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:13 am
Profile WWW
REAL AMERICAN HERO

I keep Base.rte backed up, so, rather than reinstalling everything [which I've done twice now] I can just replace the key files.

Oh, and, I'd say hell, but, people don't respond to that well, so, I tweak my weapons for balance.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:15 am

I go for balance. But what is this Detonation Pack? Is it released already? Are you going to release it? Is it a mine? Can it be triggered from a distance somehow? I must know! :P

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:15 am
Profile WWW

It's basically a roughly rectangular grenade that sits for 5-10 seconds before exploding in a small, yet completely destructive explosion.

Not by best work by far.

And I prefer balance, because the really explosive ones just have people saying that it's really cool, but then it's uninstalled pretty much instantly since nobody wants to play with it.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:19 am

Depends. If I'm in a bad mood I'll just want to blow the ♥♥♥♥ out of NPCs. If I'm bored I go for balance.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:29 am

I like balance, but it's always fun to just blow stuff up.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:33 am

i dont want somebody buying a super gun 1 second ingame and then killing me.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:02 am
Profile WWW

Actually I like going around raping the NPCs, I usually don't care about defending or anything, just shooting the crap out of something.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:43 am

Usually when I buy a game I go for ballance. But after I play a game for about 24 hours of gameplay I like to use mods.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:47 am
Profile WWW

I shoot for balance, otherwise you just remove the point of the game. My mod for CC, the UR-1, was intended to keep the balance but allow me some of the pleasure of super-weapons. (It costs more, but you are rewarded.) Requires a bit more mining to supply around, but it's so worth it.

(Wow, I just realized it is approaching the cost of a clone. :o Just shows you how little the body matters in the CC day and age.)

Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:20 am
Profile WWW

That makes me think. When I feel like making a actor I will make him pretty powerful but it will cost sort of a lot but it is worth it.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:58 am
Profile WWW

Interesting points. im actually brainstoriming something if anyone wants to let me know if its possible. its a sticky grenade that sticks to the person, but not with conventinal methods.
i hear that someone got a crossbow to work, and that the arrows really stick into the ground. well, why not make a grenade that has barbs all over it and detonates several seconds later? anyway, tell me if its possible, o, and if it is and no1 has done it before, feel free to make it, just give me some credit, i wanna do spriting to.

-no time ot spell check, i got to catch my bus. srry :grin:

Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:13 am

I have to admit, it's a neat idea, and we will need a sticky grenade anyway for the Halo mod. :) It would be GREAT for dropships, toss one up and RUN. Now if we get the sticky to work, we also need a sticky launcher of course, though it will be VERY expensive, as a highly experimental weapon.

I like the idea. I can easily make the sprites, we just need the coder. Anyone know if this would be possible?

Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:24 am
Profile WWW

I'll try, but I don't think that it's possible. The arrows stuck in the ground because the came to rest instantly, turning into soil. The only way I can think of is if you made its mass negative, which I've heard makes it somewhat sticky. Just not much.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:41 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next