View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:57 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Overhaul/Porting in progress 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Thanks mko! It's always encouraging to hear positive feedback.
Yes, we're almost done porting the game engine to a new library, so it should work just fine on most if not all color modes, and most machines in general.

Keep an eye out on this site for more news, and also for my full review of the GP2X!

- D

Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:10 pm
Profile ICQ
Post ditto
mko wrote:
Hi, I just read your GP2X unpacking page via joystiq; awesome! Then I played D.I.R.T., what a super fun game/idea. I really like how you have to collect gold while watching out for the other guy.
In any case, keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to the evolution of this game.

I am sort of sad because I can only play it on my work computer, my home computer (which I saved after it spent 2 weeks in the rainy alley behind my house) is a VAIO PIII-800 with a (crappy) SiS 630 built in video card which only supports 16 or 32 bit color. Will the Allegro version support playing in a higher color mode?

Ummm, Ditto
Came for the GP2X (P)review, stayed for the D.I.R.T.
Very fun little game, its like Soldat and Scorched Earth had a gaming lovechild and Luner-Lander was the mid-wife.
My eye is on this game, regardless of whether it is ported to the GP2X or not, although if it were it would increase the odds of me getting a GP2X.
I hope the porting goes well and the gameplay gets a little more polished (the walking, both beautiful and frustrating at the same time... grrr. )

Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:56 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Ingrin, thanks a lot. We're just trying to make something that we think is fun and cool, with a lot of inspiration taken from several great games in the past.

I have good news, too: The pure allegro build of the project COMPILED for the first time this morning! Wohooooo... now all there is to do is to change around formatting of some of the data to work with the new code (easy but time-consuming), and we should have a playable build again! I can't wait... the tough part of the transition is over!

Things are going to get interesting around here again.

Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:23 am
Profile ICQ

Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:11 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

The main inspiration was Liero (google it)... graphically, Metal Slug played a big role. Other than that, Lunar lander, Traders (on amiga), Herzog Zwei, etc etc.

A lot of it is just me and Prom brainstorming

Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:35 am
Profile ICQ

Ahh, the porting is done, I'm about to leave for a week...

Great game, it's so fun.

I one time shot a guy's (Who was stuck inbetween (and kinda inside one) 2 rockets) legs off and he still dangled with his legs nowhere to be found.

Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:58 am
Profile ICQ WWW

HUZZAH! Its ported! Break out the sham-pae-gen.

Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:24 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post First Allegro Build Test!
Here it is folks!

The first runnable test build with all allegro! This is NOT playable.. there's a bug that makes the physics explode and all kinds of wacky stuff go on, but it's fun to watch and best of all, it runs FAST in a window!

Let the fun times begin again!

Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:29 am
Profile ICQ
Post lag
i still get lag but im guessing its cause sumits gone off the top of the map (the memory leek not fixed?) it glitched really bad the soldier exploded and half the bunker got ripped away.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:29 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Yes, there are several bugs that were introduced during the porting that we're working on digging out. The physics blowing up, the background layers not drawing correctly, slowdowns, crashes etc..

It'll all be taken care of, one at a time.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:16 pm
Profile ICQ
cool i cant wait for the playable release want to see how many grenade sprayer works without lag =P

Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:24 pm

Heh I've modded mine so much that I'm used to everything exploding.

I like the fact that this just slows to a crawl instead of making my computer turn off like the old one.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:29 pm
Profile WWW

I salute you Player 2, your suicide move was a stroke of genius!

Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:37 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

See, things are picking up: Fixed background scene layer drawing, font and symbol drawing, several crash bugs, some palette problems, etc etc

Still nasty physics bug that makes anything with attached things explode comically when it rotates even a tiny bit. I've set the gravity to 0 to help me track this down.

This one is kindof interactive, at least... have fun!

EDIT: Just updated it fixing two more bugs

Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:44 am
Profile ICQ
Cant wait for the next build.
There is only 1 thing bothering me,
the disabled X button for closing the window.
Why is it disabled?

Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:41 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next