View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Whats with the artificial intelligence? 

Post Whats with the artificial intelligence?
Cool game so far.. except one thing -_-..... The AI on my side *NEVER* fight back, making it impossible for me to win the game. When the next version comes out, I think that should be fixed because a player cant be everywhere at once. Ya know?

Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:25 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Whats with the artificial intelligence?
Thickems wrote:
Cool game so far.. except one thing -_-..... The AI on my side *NEVER* fight back, making it impossible for me to win the game. When the next version comes out, I think that should be fixed because a player cant be everywhere at once. Ya know?

it works for me, and i do have the newest version. O.o

Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:13 am
Profile YIM

Oh it works for me too, but I really want to AI opponents to focus on my player more, and in general for AI units to not be so retarded, but since the game is still beta that's pretty low on the list.

Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:54 am

Yeah, they walk right over / through you with barely a second glas, or they decide to get all Rambo n you from 2 screens away. But mostly the first one.

Quite often, they ignore the guy shooting them just so they can get a few hits on the rocket capsules. Priority--, people!

Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:27 am

Its interesting how the developers had made the decision to disable the AI for your un-active team mates. Maybe this was a game play decision or maybe it will be implemented.

I must admit that the navigation for the enemy AI is quiet good. They seem know where the brain is and get to it. Hopefully the AI will eventually be able to use different weapons and tools. And be able to use these weapons on objects that are not just enemies (to further their navigation).

But saying that the AI will NEVER fight back is wrong (unless there is a error in your game or you don't have the latest version). The AI must be facing the enemy and the enemy must be close. Even then it will take a few seconds for our AI team mates to react.

Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:32 am
Profile WWW

I must admit that the navigation for the enemy AI is quiet good. They seem know where the brain is and get to it. Hopefully the AI will eventually be able to use different weapons and tools. And be able to use these weapons on objects that are not just enemies (to further their navigation).

Ehm, I disagree with you there. Their navigation consists entirely of walking towards the brain, regardless of what's in the way, to the extent of killing themselves by running into each other.

But yes, this is the kind of thing I'm not even worried about because of the beta status. Although there is one quirk of the AI that I'm curious about; they seem more likely to shoot at you the stronger your weapon you're holding. I made a weapon that was basically a modified pistol, and though I've played probably half an hour using it on Death difficulty, they've never even tried to shoot me.

Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:19 am
Profile WWW

what it doesnt work for me where you get the latest version??
if the download is on the main page (http://www.datarealms.com) then it doesnt work

Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]